Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEE PRIEST UNEDITED. EXCLUSIVE MD.COM 1 ON 1 INTERVIEW!!

Default LEE PRIEST UNEDITED. EXCLUSIVE MD.COM 1 ON 1 INTERVIEW!!

NYC BIG MIKE: Lee, thanks for taking the time to do this interview. I think it's safe to say that you are indeed a fan favorite.
    LEE PRIEST: WELL I LIKE MY FANS...I READ NOW AND THEN THAT SO AND SO OR SO AND SO IS FAN FAVORITE...BUT PLEASE THEY ARE JUST FLY BY NIGHT FAN FAVORITES...THEY DO A SHOW GET OVER LOOKED OR PLACED SO SO THE CROWD GETS BEHIND THEM..NEXT THING YOU KNOW THE MAG CALLS THEM FAN FAVORITE OR PEOPLES CHAMP....PLEASE....TO BE A PEOPLES CHAMP THE NACT LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE..DON'T BE A STUCK UP PRO WITH A ATTITUDE OR EGO..WHICH ALOT OF PROS HAVE..WITH ME WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET..I DON'T PRETNED TO BE SOMETHING I AM NOT....I AM JUST LEE FIRST OF ALL...THEN A PRO BODYBUILDER.....JUST BECASUE I HAVE A PRO CARDS DOSENT MAKE ME ANY BETTER THEN ANYONE ELSE.....I AM JUST LEE

NYC BIG MIKE: It must be quite a relief having the IFBB suspension lifted, huh?
    LEE PRIEST: YES IT IS...IT'S NICE TO KNOW WHICH WAY I AM GOING NOW.....AND CAN SET UP A PLAN TO GET BACK INTO COMPETING ON THE IFBB STAGE AGAIN..SO I AM GLAD TO BE BACK IN THE IFBB YES.......

NYC BIG MIKE: You seem to live in controversy. The suspension, the tattoos, rumors of a car accident death, wild sex stories, going head to head with keyboard warriors online and the fingernail being ripped off with pliers ( to name a few). What's up with that?
    LEE PRIEST: SEE I DON'T SEE IT AS CONTROVERSY...IT'S JUST MY LIFE..JUST BECASUE SOMEONE DOES THINGS DIFFERENT WHO CARES....TATTOOS ARE SIMPLY THAT TATTOOS I DON'T SEE WHY PEOPEL MAKE A BIG FUSS OVER STUFF LIKE THAT BIG DEAL..GET A LIFE PEOPLE....HEY SEX STORIES WELL THE YARE TRUE ..BUT YOU SEE FROM DAY ONE I HAVE BEEN OPEN ABOUT EVERYTHING I DO..IT'S THE WAY I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN.....NO NEED TO START RUMOURS ABOUT ME PEOPLE..IF I DO ANYTHING I WILL BE FIRST TO TELL YOU....YEAH THE FINGERNAIL WAS COOL SO I FILEMD IT..JUST LIKE I FILMED MY ROOT CANAL...MY SHOULDER INFECTION IN HOSPITAL..MY COLONIC..SEE I DONT HIDE ANYTHING..THATS WHY I FIND IT SO FUCKIN FUNNY WHEN PEOPLE SAY ..OH HE'S LYING..PLEASE WHY LIE/ I HAVE NO REASON TO..I GUESS ALOT OF PEOPLE JUST CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH....STRANGE..SO IF YOU ASK ME A QUESTION I WILL NOT LIE.....SO WHAT IS UP WITH THAT ? I DON'T KNOW IT'S JUST MY LIFE......AND SOMETIMES I THINK EVERYONE ELSES

NYC BIG MIKE: People are getting excited at the possibility of seeing Lee Priest on stage again. Do you think you'll be judged fairly after all that has transpired?
    LEE PRIEST: I HAVE FAITH I WILL...ALL I HAVE TO DO IS COME IN TOP SHAPE LIKE IN THE PAST..OR BETTER AND I DONT SEE WHY NOT..MAYBE ONE OR TWO COULD GO THE OTHER WAY...BUT WE ARE MEANT TO BE PROFESSIONAL..SO LIKE ME OR HATE ME..JUST JUDGE ME ON WHATS ON STAGE THAT DAY..NOT WHAT I HAVE DONE OR WHAT HAS BEEN SAID....LIKE I SAID BE PROFESSIONAL...SO YES I AM HOPING I DO..IF NOT..WELL AS LONG AS I COME IN THE BEST I CAN..WELL THE FANS ARE NOT STUPID ..THEY CAN SEE WHAT HAPPENS IF THAT DID HAPPEN..I AM JUST HAPPY TO BE BACK IN STAGE.......

NYCBIGMIKE: You certainly aren't afraid to speak your mind. Do you sometimes regret saying some of the things you did and wish you hadn't said them?
    LEE PRIEST: NO CAUSE THEN THAT WOULDN'T BE ME....IF I HAVE SAID SOMETHING THAT MIGHT HAVE HURT SOMEONE I MIGHT THINK SHIT I DIDNT WANT TO HURT SOMEONE ..BUT HEY I SAID IT..SO SO BE IT.......WE ALL DO THINGS AND SAY THINGS FOR A REASON AT CERTAIN POINTS IN OUR LIVES...IT'S WHAT MAKES US WHO WE ARE AND TAKES US TO WHERE WE ARE....SO I SPEAK MY MIND YES...MAYBE JUST SOMETIMES THINGS ARE TAKEN THE WRONG WAY...AFTER 23 YEARS IN THE SPORT I GET PASSIONATE ABOUT THINGS AND SOMETIME I JUST SAY WHAT I FEEL....AND THEN SOME PEOPEL TAKE OFFENCE TO THAT.......

NYC BIG MIKE: You obviously aren't a pussy. I've seen more pros suffer online meltdowns than I care to remember. That's why the majority of them don't post. You get right into the thick of it. I take it that you find it amusing?
    LEE PRIEST: YEAH I WHISH MORE PRO WOULD POST ONLINE......YES I FIND IT FUN..IT PASSES TIME ..WHEN I AM DIETING IT KEEPS ME FROM CHEATING ON DIET ........HEY EVERYONE ONLINE IS AN EXPERT THAT IS FORSURE...THEY HAVE AN OPINON EVERYTHING...WHAT WE TAKE..HOW MUCH WE TAKE..OUR HEALTH..HOW HARD WE TRAIN ETC THE LIST GOES ON......JUST AMAZES ME 80% HIDE BEHIND A SCREEN NAME...TALK SHIT ONLINE YET AT AN EXPO WILL COME OVER AND SHAKE YOUR HAND NOT SAYING WHO THEY ARE.....SO YES IT DOES AMUSE ME....JUST HATE WHEN THEY TELL ME WHAT I DO OR AM DOING...THATS FUNNY CASUE SHIT I WILL TELL YOU THAT MYSELF NO NEED TO MAKE IT UP

NYC BIG MIKE: What changes would you like to see in men's bodybuilding?
    LEE PRIEST: I THINK THE 202LBS CLASS IS A GOOD START...NOW THEY SHOULD START TAKING POINTS OF MIDSECTIONS THAT STICK OUT...IT WAS MEANT TO BE DONE BUT HASNT.....I THINK PEOPLE NEED TO BE JUGED ON HOW THEY LOOK ON DAY OF SHOW NOT BY WHO THEY ARE..I HAVE SEEN SO MANY SHOWS WHERE GUYS ARE NOT ON BUT EITHER WIN OR PLACE IN TOP 3 WHEN OTHER GUYS ARE CLEARLY BETTER.....AND WE CAN ALL SEE IT...NONE OF THIS OH WELL HE WILL LOOK BETTER NEXT WEEK OR HE IS SO AND SO..I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE MR OLYMPIA IF YOU ARE OFF THEN YOU SHOULD BE JUDGE ON THAT,,,SO I THINK JUDGING STILL HAS IT'S LITTLE HICUPPS.....AND THE WOMEN WELL GOOD LUCK TO THEM ON KNOWING WHAT THEY NEED TO DO....THIER RULES AND CRITERIA NEVER SEEMS TO STAY THE SAME...... WOULD ALS LIKE TO SEE THE TOP GUYS DO MORE SHOWS EVEN MR OLYMPIA SHOULD HAVE TO DO 2-3 SHOWS A YEAR..HELPS THE SPORT ALSO THE PROMOTER OF SHOWS.....NOT JUST SIT BACK AND WAIT FOR THE O OR SOMETHING..OTHER GUYS HAVE TO DO SHOWS TO QUALIFY ETC...THEY ARE COMPETING THROUGH OUT THE YEAR..SO ALL SHOULD.....IF YOUR THE BEST MR O OR WHOEVER THIS SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM NOW SHOULD IT........I THINK ALOT OF PROS THESE DAYS ARE JUST LAZY WHEN IT COMES TO SHOW ,TRAINING..CONTEST PREP..ETC....ALL WANT TO BE NUMBER ONE WITH AS LITTLE EFFORT AS POSSIBLE

NYC BIG MIKE:Rumor has it you're working with Dave Palumbo for contest prep. Any truth to this?
    LEE PRIEST: YES I WAS....BUT I LIKE CARBS TO MUCH I AM OLD SCHOOL TRAIN 2 HOURS TWICE ADAY..CARDIO 2-3 HOURS ADAY SO YOU SEE I NEED CARBS

NYC BIG MIKE: What do you expect to accomplish in the next year of competing?
    LEE PRIEST: NOTHING I JUST PLAN ON COMPETING LETTING THE FANS SEE ME AGAIN......SO I DON'T PLAN ON ACCOMPLISHING ANYTHING..JUST GET IN SHAPE AND DO THE BEST I CAN AND LET THE CHIPS FALL ........

NYC BIG MIKE: I see you got a really hot car from a sponsor. A Holden Maloo?
    LEE PRIEST: YES..WHEN I WAS IN TALKS WITH BODYRIPPED TO COME BACK TO AUSTRALIA..WE TALK ABOUT WHAT IT WOULD TAKE IN THE CONTRACT..SO I SAID THIS MUCH $ AND I LOVE THE MALOO......IF YOU CAN DO THAT WE HAVE A DEAL....AND LET ME SAY SHARMIE AND HS WIFE CATHRINE AT BODYRIPPED COULDN'T BE MORE WONDERFUL PEOPLE....REAL DOWN TO EARTH TRUE PEOPLE...GOOD AUSSIE'S ..SHARMIE IS LIKE ME STRAIGHT SHOOTER NO BULLSHIT.....THEY HAVE BEEN GREAT TO ME AND MY FAMILY.....COULDN'T SAY THANK YOU ENOUGH TO THEM FOR ALL THE YHAVE DONE..IT' S GREAT TO BE WORKING FOR THEM..AND THIER PRODUCT IS GREAT
    Body Ripped Sports Nutrition :: Home

NYC BIG MIKE: What's this I hear about you having to pay for gym dues in your native Australia? You get comp'd all the time here in the states.
    LEE PRIEST: YES IN THE STATES I DID..BUT NOT BACK HERE..I HAVE TO PAY..SO BE IT...I NEVER EXPECT NOT TO ..I ALWAYYS OFFERTO PAY MEMEBRSHIP OR DAILY FEE IF I GO INTO NEW GYM..BUT MOST THE TIME OWNER OR SOMEONE THERE ALWAYS SAYS NO GO AHEAD ETC.....BUT OVER HERE YES I PAY...SO LIKE I SAID JUST TREAT ME LIKE A MEMEBR THEN ..DONY ASK ME TO DO ANYTHING FOR GYM OR USE MY NAME TO PROMOTE IT ....I HAVE PEOPLE ALL TH TIME COMMING OVER ASKING ME QUESTIONS....EVEN SOME OF THE STAFF AS THEY COMPETE ..I DONT MIND HELPING BUT HEY..TRAINING IS MY JOB...I AM NOT THERE TO HELP YOUR GYM MEMEBRS...BUT IT'S A CATCH 22...IF I GET ASKED SOMETHING AND I DONT ANSWER OR SEEM RUDE THEN I AM AN ASSHOLE.....SO YOU CAN'T WIN......

NYC BIG MIKE: Are you keeping up with the results of shows both pro and amateur?
    LEE PRIEST: NO NOT AT ALL...JUST SOMETIME I SEE ON MD..WHEN A SHOW IS ON.....BUT NO ONE REALLY IMPRESSES ME..NOT LIKE BACK IN THE EARLY 90S TO LATE EARLY 2000.....I HAVE SEEN SO MANY OF THE NEXT BIGTHINGS COME AND GO..I LAUGH EVERYTIME I READ..SOME IS THE NEXT SO AND SO....AND BLAH BLAH BLAH..IT'S ABOUT LONGEVITY AND DOING WELL AND STAYING HEALTHY AND LOOKING GOOD.....NOT ABOUT HOW BIG CAN I GET ..GET A PRO CARD DO A SHOW THEN DISAPPEAR.......ALOT OF EGOS NOW MORE THEN EVER...I THINK PEOPLE JUST NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP GET IN THE GYM AND PROVE IT ON STAGE NOT ONLINE OR IN MAG.....DONT SAY YOUR IN YOUR BEST SHAPE EVER WHEN YOU KNOW DAMN WELL YOUR NOT....I FUCKIN HATE THAT WHEN I HEAR THAT THEN SEE THE GUY......

NYC BIG MIKE: Do you have a trainer or do you do your own thing with respect to lifting protocols? Whatever you're doing, it obviously works.
    LEE PRIEST: AT THE MOMENT NO...I WAS TRAINIGN WITH RUSTY IN THE USA ...IT WAS GREAT HES LIKE ME HE LOVES TO TRAIN..WE WOULD GO AND GO...NOT COUNT SETS REPS..WE COULD BE GOING OVER 2 HOURS AND JUST GO OK LETS DO MORE......ALOT OF OUR TRAINING IS JUST INSTINCT..ON WHAT WE DO WHAT WE TRAIN........NOTHING WAS EVER SET IN STONE

NYC BIG MIKE: When you go at it with guys like Shawn Ray online, is it hype, real, a bit of both?
    LEE PRIEST: AAHHHH IT'S JUST FUN WE ALL TAKE DIGS AT EACH OTHER ..NOTHING PERSONAL IN IT..COME ON WE ARE MEANT TO BE GROWN UP..NOT HIGH SCHOOL IT'S THE INTERENT FOR GODS SAKE......YOU JUST TAKE IT IN FUN AND GO WITH THE FLOW......

NYC BIG MIKE: When you get reactions from people with your tattoos and hairstyles, do you get a kick out of it or do you literally not give a shit?
    LEE PRIEST: I REALLY DONT GIVE A SHIT...I DO THINGS CASUE I FEEL LIKE IT NO OTHER REASON...NOT TO GET ATTENTION ETC....IF I FEEL LIKE CHANGING MY HAIR I DO...CHANGE COLOUR I DO......GET A TATTOO I WILL...I HAVE NEVER THOUGHT WONDER WHAT PEOPLE WILL ETC...SHIT IF WE ALL WONDERED WHAT PEOPLE THOUGHT OF US WE WOULD NEVER DO CRAP...PEOPLE CAN THINK WHAT THEY WANT....IF YOU DONT KNOW ME THEN DON'T JUDGE ME ..JUST WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF OR THINGS YOU CA N CONTROL........SEEMS HUMAN NATURE THOU TO JUDGE PEOPLE WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING THEM..SHIT I HAVE DONE IT THOUGH SOMETHIGN BAD OF SOMEONE ..THEN WHEN I GET TO KNOW THE PERSON THEY ARE THE TOTAL OPPOSITE OF WHAT I THOUGHT........SO I THIN KTHE WORLD WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER PLACE IF WE GOT TO KNOW PEOPLE BEFORE WE STARTED POINTING FINGERS AT THEM.....

NYC BIG MIKE: Who do you admire past or present from outside the bodybuilding community and why?
    LEE PRIEST: MY GRANDFATHER WHO PASTED AWAY....HE WOULD SEE THE GOOD IN EVERYONE..EVERYONE LOVED HIM HE WAS JUST SO DOWN TO EARTH ANDWOULD GIVE ANYONE THE SHIRTOF HIS BACK......JUST FRIENDS AND FAMILY ..GUYS WHO I RACE WITH..JUST BECASUE THEY ARE COOL TREAT ME LIKE ONE OF THEM ..I AM NOT LEE PRIEST THE BODYBUILDER I AM JUST LEE AND I LIKE THAT........I GENERALLY LIKE PEOPLE WHO HELP OTHERS AND PUT THEMSELVES LAST.......

NYC BIG MIKE: What pro bb'ers impress you? Which ones do think are overhyped?
    LEE PRIEST: TOM PLATZ....MIKE MATARAZZO..PAUL DILLET.....RUSTY JEFFERS....THESE GUYS ARE DOWN TO EARTH TELL IT LIKE IT IS....THEY ARE JUST FUN TO BE AROUND NO BULLSHIT WITH THEM......WHO DO I THINK IS OVER HYPED....ALL TH FUCKIN PROS OUT THERE NOW..SHIT READ THE MAGS..THEY ALL ARE..... SHIT HEY EVEN OVER HYPE ME......I AM ALL ABOUT PROVING YOURSELF WETHER ON STAGE OR OFF.....ALOT OF THESE GUYS READ THE MAGS HEAR WHAT PEOPLE SAY AND IT GOES TO THEIR HEADS.......I A MTHE SAME NO MATTER WHAT...IF I HAD 1$ OR 10,000,000.00 I AM STILL STUPID FUCKED UP LEE...BUT HAVING THAT MUCH MONEY WOULD BE FUN COULD JUST GIVE SOME TO FRIENDS SO THE YDIDNT HAVE TO WORK AND WE COULD JUST HANG OUT TRAIN TRAVEL ETC...NO FUN ALL THAT MONEY AND NO ONE TO HAVE FUN WITH

NYC BIG MIKE: People are always describing what Lee Priest is like. How would you describe yourself?
    LEE PRIEST: ME SHIT...FUCKIN IDIOT ..NO LIKE I SAID I AM JUST LEE....I AM DOWN TO EARTH REAL EASY GOING...DON'T PRETEND TO BE SOMETHING I AM NOT..LIKE I SAID WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET.......I TRY AND HELP AS MANY PEOPLE AS I CA NWHEN I CAN...I GET ENJOYMENT FROM HELPING OTHERS ..IN WHATEVER THEY NEED HELP IN.....I PUT OTHERS BEFORE MYSELF......SURE AT CONTEST TIME WE GET SELF CENTERED..BUT WE HAVE TO THEN..CASUE IF I CAN DO WELL AT SHOWS PLACE WELL MAKE BETTER MONEY ..THEN THE MORE I CAN HELP WHEN I AM NOT COMPETING

NYC BIG MIKE: You're back in Australia now. What's the biggest difference for you between living/training in Australia vs the USA
    LEE PRIEST: NOT AS MANY FAKE TITS AND PEOPL ..THANK GOD.....REAL TITS AND REAL DOWN TO EARTH PEOPLE........TRAINIGN SHOIT GYMA ARE GYMS NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE...ONLY I PAY HERE

NYC BIG MIKE: Tell me something that people don't know about you.
    LEE PRIEST: THAT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE AS I AM A OPEN BOOK........I THINK I PRETTY MUC HHAVE TOLD IT ALL IN MAGS OR ONLINE OR ON REALITY DVDS...

NYC BIG MIKE: Do you still have the same enthusiasm for training as you did 10 years ago?
    LEE PRIEST: YES I DO WILL ALWAYS HAVE THAT..I LOVE TO TRAIN.....IT'S WHAT I DO

NYC BIG MIKE: What do you like to do when you are not training?
    LEE PRIEST: RACE WHEN I CAN..EAT...MOVIES..GENERAL JUST HAVE FUN WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS.....

NYC BIG MIKE: Has your training style changed as you progressed over the years? What is your current style of training?
    LEE PRIEST: NO STILLTHE SAME.......BASIC EXERCISES.....HIGH VOLUME .....LIKE THE OLD DAYS.......

NYC BIG MIKE: Had you never become a bodybuilder, what line of work do you think you might have ended up involved with?
    LEE PRIEST: WELL SINCE I HAVE BEEN COMETING SINCE 13 THIS IS ALL I KNOW..I HAVE HAD ODD JOBS HERE AND THERE ON WAY ALONG....BUT I HAVE NO IDEA...I WOULD SAY PROBALY A RACE CAR DRIVER SOMETHIGN ALONG THOSE LINES...BUT WHO KNOWS..AS LONG AS I HAD A JOB AND HAD A PLACE TO SLEEP AND FOOD ON THE TABLE ANYTHING WOULD BE GOOD........

NYC BIG MIKE: Thanks for your time Lee. Anything you'd like to say in parting?
    LEE PRIEST: THAK YOU.......JUST THANK YOU TO ALL MY FANS AND FAMILY AND FRIENDS WHO HAVE SUPPORTED ME ALL THESE YEARS....CAN'T WAIT TO BE BACK ONSTAGE AGAIN DOING WHAT I LOVE TO DO.......AND SPECIAL THANKS TO JIM MANION AND IFBB FOR GIVING ME A CHANCE TO COME BACK AND STEVE AT MD FOR SIGNING ME BACK I LOVE WRITNG FOR THE MAG AN GOING ON THE BOARDS TO STIR IT UP..ALSO THANKS TO BODYRIPPED FOR ALL THIER SUPPORT.....AND TO ANYONE WHO HAS HELPED ME GET TO WHERE I AM THERE HAVE BEEN ALOT SO THANK YOU TO THEM ALL....I HAVE NEVER FORGOTEN ANY OF THEM....
    LEE

NYC BIG MIKE
    Attached Images Attached Images

great interview!
    cant wait to see lee back onstage
    my strongman training
    Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

great job mike....hes got 1 of the best physiques in bbing....itll be great to see him back on stage.
    Team-TammyFitness
    hersuppz.com code TAMMY

awesome interview!

great
    Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

now that man should be running the IFBB...lol

GOD BLESS YOU LEE.

Ive always liked Lee's interviews. Fuking honest guy right there.

Great job!
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

great job

great job......now its time to see how lee's looking now that competing is in his near future. the wait is killin me.
    He who thinks he can & he who thinks he can't are both right.
    Who are you?

Where can I get hold of that colonic video?

Quote Originally Posted by west View Post
    Where can I get hold of that colonic video?
    WWW.BODYBUILDERSREALITY.COM
    NOT SURE WHAT NUMBER IT IS THOU
    Infinite + 1 = Doing what others are scared to dream of.

Amateur Threat

Excellent interview. I may have to read this a few more times just for the hell of it!

Quote Originally Posted by PRO LEE PRIEST View Post
    LOL, outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by PRO LEE PRIEST View Post

bodybuildersreality.com

Try this link. Lee, that's the second link I fixed for you (Body Ripped being the other). This shit has gotta stop. LOL

NYC BIG MIKE

Awesome interview thanks Mike and thank you Lee for just being yourself you f---ing wanker. We love you Lee good luck with your next show we the fans can't wait to see you back on stage where you belong

I BELIVE ITS DVD 13

GLAD YOU LIKED IT..........I LIKE DOING INTERVIEWS AND JUST ANSWERING QUESTIONS TRUTHFULY
    Infinite + 1 = Doing what others are scared to dream of.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast