Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Progenex supplements

Quote Originally Posted by Leucine View Post
    I know he is a sponsor but Connelly is a bullshit artist. I am sorry but I have to speak out before anyone thinks it is a good idea to spend $200 for some whey protein that has "voodoo power" in it.

It is a new product but the same line of bullshit he used to sell MET-Rx and HMB.

There will not be any independent studies. Just excuses and promises of them starting soon.
    Yeah.
    Like you know something Connely doesn't.

Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by bangbowbuilder View Post
    Yeah.
    Like you know something Connely doesn't.

Connelly is the one making the claims. He is the one selling whey for $200 with very little information on the label. The burden of proof is his.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucine View Post
    Connelly is the one making the claims. He is the one selling whey for $200 with very little information on the label. The burden of proof is his.
    That was really an unexpected answer. If you had proven/explained your opionons as of WHY these products are bullshit then you would've actually contributed to this thread.

Btw. $200 is a packageprice for all 3 products.

This product looks great, would love to give it a try but unfortunatly it does not ship internationally. What's the deal with super high doses of Leucine stimulating similar pathways?

Nobody

For the Australians you can buy the same products here http://www.ascendsport.com.au/catego...x?categoryid=7 (shipping is free and fast) This product is made in Australia.

It is the same as progenex. Dr Connelly has the exclusive US liscence to sell this ascend stuff in America and he calls it "progenex". They are all the same products, the Ascend products have flavouring though.

Progenex srg = Ascend Protein Catalyst
    Progenex Recovery = Ascend Recovery
    Progenex Growth = Ascend Muscle

The only differenc is the Ascend Protein Catalyst has less capsules the the Progenex SRG, could be different capsule size?

For Australians you can just ring the people at ascend 03 9389 6400 (Melbourne) and ask to speak to some one at "ascend sports" they answered all my Questions.I recommended asking to get a copy of the "Ascend Product Launch Seminar DVD" they have Dr Jon Buckley (Adelaide University) who done the study on the recovery product Talk about the science and his findings. Also Dr David Cameron-Smith (Deakin University) done the study on the muscle (growth) product and he talks about the science and his findings.

One thing about the Progenex SRG (Ascend Protein Catalyst) I spoke to Ascend sports and they said you won't see results immediately like the recovery product, they said it works over time. Best to ring them and have them explain, I could not understand the science that well as lay person.

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Dr. Connelly has proven himself before and I'm looking forward to hearing more about his new supplements.

connelly sent me a couple of cycles of the stuff for free months back. i was so impressed that i continued to buy the stuff myself
    My blog is live! www.patrickarnoldblog.com

Quote Originally Posted by dpd555 View Post
    oh, you must not be the savior dude then.

anyways, metamyosyn was a protein blend in MetRx Dr. Connelly developed during his practice as a clinician. Nothing too magical really, but far ahead of anything during that time peroid. I was the first to use it.....then tried many other brands and came back to it. Still use it today.

The ORIGINAL MetRx did give me great results. I'm doubt the current version is of the same quality, but it works better than any other MRP I have used
    the current version is quite inferior to the stuff they sold when connelly was there.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I have patents and patent experience and understand all that, but that's not gonna get $200 out of me personally. That does not mean others can't give it a try out of curiosity, etc. It's simply my 'proof of concept threshold' tends to be very high before I spend that kinda $$$ on it. If anyone wants to see exactly what I do spend $$$ on, here's a vid of my supplement "stash."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CnxjOsT11s

maybe connelly can give you some to try

Quote Originally Posted by Rzilla View Post
    is anybody using the progenix recovery DURING their workout? I knwo that isn't Dave's style but for those of us who are used to having BCAAs or EAAs during training, it seems like a logical thing to do.

I know of at least 2 people that are (Dpd being one) I think it may work better than taking them all post workout.

yes, i mix it in water with free form aminos and dextrose. i sip throughout my workout and after.

Quote Originally Posted by JAY1810 View Post
    I waited months for this stuff to come out and then when it did they don't ship to Australia yet! And I think somewhere I heard they even get they raw ingredient from here.

you can buy the same stuff in aus under the brand name ascend

Quote Originally Posted by Manninen dude View Post

i suggest you research progenex a little more

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    the current version is quite inferior to the stuff they sold when connelly was there.
    I figured the manufacturer changed because the original "Base" and "Plus" had a certain texture and flavor that seemed very high quality.

I gained about 30lbs in one year on the original MetRx, but I was going through a growth spurt in my late teens too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Arnold View Post
    i suggest you research progenex a little more
    I have read that Buckley paper. Nothing special.

vargasty

Ok if Patrick Arnold is on board, you know damn well this stuff is the real deal. Now is it worth $70+, that is up to you and your budget....

Quote Originally Posted by dpd555 View Post
    I figured the manufacturer changed because the original "Base" and "Plus" had a certain texture and flavor that seemed very high quality.

I gained about 30lbs in one year on the original MetRx, but I was going through a growth spurt in my late teens too.

i was talking about around 2000-2001 when they were bought out by Rexall or whoever. The new owners started to use inferior ingredients to save money

the base and plus was back in 1993 or something

Quote Originally Posted by Manninen dude View Post
    I have read that Buckley paper. Nothing special.

Nothing special? I think the results were truly remarkable. Stronger than baseline after 6 hours?

http://www.ascendsport.com.au/Upload/File/UniSA.pdf

what DO you find special. anything?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast