Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tennis Elbow what to do for it..

been going to the chiropractor twice now going again this friday he been doing a heat altrasound to make the tendent feel better...been feeling great since i went like i said this will be my third time going hope after this time i hope to start working out again...might want to go to a chiropractor for the treatment shark..it helps out...i still might get some c t cream let me know how you like that..

my chiro was doing ART on me

Didn't read all of the answers but I had surgery for that injury. Cortisone injections didn't work and hurt real bad. My Ortho. Surgeon cut the tendon and reattached it so that I got better blood flow around/thru the tendon. Not 100% sure of all the particilars. What really injured my elbow was heavy nose breakers and over head tricep extensions with a curl bar. Now I just do pushdowns and whatever tricep machines they have at my gym.

Did you recover 100%

I had the worst tennis elbow as well.

My doc gave me this and said "Do these for a week or two".

Son of a bitch if it didn't go away. The stretches in particular work wonders.

He said he got it from the Giants team doctor.
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/hooker.html

I ordered these. If they work I'll tell you guys

Quote Originally Posted by ressig1 View Post
    I had the worst tennis elbow as well.

My doc gave me this and said "Do these for a week or two".

Son of a bitch if it didn't go away. The stretches in particular work wonders.

He said he got it from the Giants team doctor.
    Awesome. Thanks!

Rest and physical therapy worked for me. I had epicondylitis or tennis elbow from repetitive activity (tossing bundles of paper on an assembly line). The company sent me to a therapist and she put this goop on my forearms and then ran some massager over it. Verrrraaah NIIIICE!

That was years ago. I just recently butchered them (okay, just a bit) doing hang cleans. Got more enthusiastic than my piddly tendons apparently liked.

Forget the creams, surgery, and the injections if possible. Rest! And then avoid the ballistic movements. Spare your joints and tendons.
    Curt15 saves 15% @ http://www.ironmaglabs.com

Be aware of your sleeping habits, this happened to me, I would sleep with my left arm straight out and hanging off the bed sometimes, It gave me bad tennis elbow, a physical therapist friend had made me aware of it, and I took advil and paid attention to my sleeping habits.. 2 weeks it cleared up and never had the problem. I helped a bunch of people in my gym with the same problem

Default getting worse

I've had severe lateral epicondylitus in the left elbow for about 10 months, now. First tried taking breaks, then using hooks, ice/heat, and a strap - some relief each time but then it'd flare up and I'd be back to stage 1 or worse. Couple months ago it started getting much worse, extending up into the bicep and hurting even when I'm just holding a cup in the hand. Been seeing a doc and going to phy therapy for a month now - they're doing deep massage and a combo of sono and iontophorosis and a prescription nsaid. Along with another complete break from all bicep, back, most shoulder, and some chest exercises the bicep pain is decreasing but the tennis elbow really flared up with everyday activities over thanksgiving. Got my first corizone injection yesterday along with directive for another month of same therapy.

I'm a little concerned with how this is [not] progressing - doesn't feel like I'll be turning the corner with current treatment anytime soon. Curious from those that had the surgury - my doc thinks I may have a LOT of scar tissue built up in there and I've talked to others that claim the surgury is good for this. Is it realistic to think I could be 100% in 6 weeks with the surgury? Also interested if others have validated the sleep pattern bit? I notice more pain in the am and have woken up with mild pain because the elbow flexed in my sleep. My therapist has mentioned a "night splint" that can help sometimes?

I have had tennis elbow flare up again. I got a cortisone shot a while back took a few weeks off. Now it seems to flare up again. I really think this thing will never go away.. I am going to try some deep stretching and heat.. I will just tough it out and try to keep it under control... This tennis elbow,..,

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm View Post
    Using an elbow compression sleeve will help as well.

I had 3 tears in my tricep tendons along with a forearm tear when I posted this. After steroid pack from the doc, I had minimal relief so I ended up mega dosing Osteobolin-C ( I did 9 caps a day ) ( 3 x 3 ) and now Im all healed ! It took a while but the pain relief was within 3 days. During that time I had to be good to my arm, no lifting at all. At night I would go to bed with a heat pack cuz it felt great after a long day. Im happy to say Im all better and am thrilled an OTC product could help me so much and give me happiness and sanity back.

doc gave me Voltaren Gel 4 times a day to use works great going away slowly but its alot better then a month ago.......

What are Osteobolin-C and Votaren Gel guys?

Quote Originally Posted by PoolShark View Post
    Osteobolin is Cissus. Votaren Gel is a topical NSAID (diclofenac).

NYC BIG MIKE

the gel seems to be the best thing so far to help with the pain and inflamation........

Quote Originally Posted by PoolShark View Post

http://www.mdcyberstore.com/details/shop/APN004 This company also has Osteo-Sport http://www.mdcyberstore.com/details/shop/APN010

I've heard a lot of people having great results from cissus.

The below is a review written by a highly respected forum member from the website in the U.K where I buy it from, and this review is based on the 6% ketosterone! I believe it can be bought in higher concentrations now.

I've been mega dosing Cissus for over 3 weeks now, 7.5g on non-training days and 10g on training days. I'd rate it for it's tendon healing number one as the tendons in both my arms were VERY sore. Infact I'd go as far to say my left arm tendon was chronic and I was almost resigned to the fact I'd have to give up weight training for months... again! I was in so much pain I was eating around 2g a day of ibrupofen and loads of co-codamol aswell. Then I heard about Cissus and I haven't touched a single painkiller since I started using it. Not just tendons though but joints too, my wrists haven't hurt at all and my knee is much better and I'm more confident to push on with my squats now. I'd also rate Cissus for vascularity, I'm definately more vascular now than I was a month ago. My arms have always been so but now my shoulders, chest, back and legs are coming on strong, especially when in the gym, very noticable! Good pump in the gym too, I've started using cee again so it could be down to that aswell, but this pump is different. When getting close to failure there's what can only be described as a pleasant warm rush around the muscles unlike anything I've felt before. Also the pump lasts quite a while and I feel tight all day long. Also there's something else I've noticed with Cissus, I sleep like the dead! I'd rate it better than zma for deep sleep, only side effect is I'm finding it difficult to get out of bed in the morning! A side effect I can live with So if you want better recovery, speedy joint and tendon repair, better pumps, better sleep and vasularity get some Cissus... I can honestly say I'm well impressed

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast