Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tennis Elbow what to do for it..

Quote Originally Posted by ressig1 View Post
    I had the worst tennis elbow as well.

My doc gave me this and said "Do these for a week or two".

Son of a bitch if it didn't go away. The stretches in particular work wonders.

He said he got it from the Giants team doctor.
    I know this is a very late reply - by about 4 years - but I came across this post just last week. And those last two stretches alone have pretty much cured the tennis elbow I was suffering from for the last 5 weeks! Amazing stuff! Thanks so much for posting this.
    www.conor.sg

Dedicated Noob

I treat these injuries all the time. Very common for us meatheads. Very slow to heal. For the most part, I am not a big fan of active release for tennis elbow, other than perhaps it may help with blood flow. If you have a tear, even a small one, I would think it would be counter productive. However, if it is related to a nerve hanging up/compression or scarring then maybe. I would look into a bioskin brace (look it up online) or try some kinesio taping. Also glove with wrist wraps and lifting straps are a must with lifting. There is really no one approach that works for everyone, and the literature is not supportive of any one particular approach either. Best of luck, I had this to, and mine hurt like a B for 6 months, of course I make the worse patient.

Little Guy

not sure if someone mentioned this yet or not (didn't have time to read through the 90+ posts), but I had a similar problem which turned out to be fixed with a brace for wearing while I was sleeping. It turns out I was laying on my side and using my hand to brace myself, which kept my forearm engaged all night long. A simple strap to keep my wrist straight while I was sleeping did the trick and I saw improvement within a few days.

Little Guy

Quote Originally Posted by gdbear65 View Post
    try accupuncture - it works well for this type of injury
    Acupuncture is a good option to treat any kind of pain. It will increase the circulation of blood and helps in healing injuries, but we should get this treatment only with the guidance of an expert therapist in order to avoid unnecessary complications. Here is an article which explains well about the surprising benefits of acupuncture ( http://dynamicphysiotherapy.ca/blog/...can-help-with/ ). Hope this will help the one who are going to try this treatment method.

Little Guy

Thanks for bringing up this topic. Useful information. Thank you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345