Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: what's your max squat?

Voters
312. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100lbs+

9 2.88%
  • 200lbs+

26 8.33%
  • 300lbs+

85 27.24%
  • 400lbs+

94 30.13%
  • 500lbs+

63 20.19%
  • 600lbs+

19 6.09%
  • 700lbs+

16 5.13%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: what's your max squat?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Some strong guys on here, probably a bit of BS in the air as well though.

If I can get 150kg in a meet I'll be bloody happy.

^^^^^ if this was bullshit I would make it higher... Just squated 535 tonight. As long as my knee is cool 550 by the meet. Now that I'm that far, I'm wanting 575 by worlds.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Good shit man, hope your knee holds out. What's up with it?

Tore the miniscus about a year ago.... Got it fixed but never really let it totaly heal up.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

That's rough. Hope you're getting over it and it doesn't hold you back too much with your squatting?

So I'm just starting to think about getting my shit together for a meet I have in April. Put this together from a few days ago...

Max is 275lb right now. Kinda average but will be prioritising this lift more in the lead up to this meet.

just hit 365 for a single last month at 44yrs old.only really started squatting this past summer seriously.took alot of advice from Dave Tates articles as well as Jim Wendlers and WSBB.shooting for the low 400's by springtime using the 5/3/1 method.always HATED squats till now.i actually look forward to squatting till i feel the puke coming up.i've already added a few inches in the last 2-3 months on my overall thighs.i know it's not anywhere near what most guys hit but i'm pretty stoked considering out of the nearly 20yrs off and on working out i never hit legs.squat till death do us part...

Last night in my suit I hit 675 and a BW of 240. Been along time sense iv used equiptment.... Gotta get the feel back for em.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by USEALITTLE View Post
    Last night in my suit I hit 675 and a BW of 240. Been along time sense iv used equiptment.... Gotta get the feel back for em.
    Big difference? I bought a suit about 6 months ago and haven't used it yet. Next meet in April is equipped, when do you reckon I should start training with the suit, and should I be using it every squat session? Thanks

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Here's the suit I have:

Lookin ripped fork!

I would put it on 6-8 wks out.... If the suit goes on easy it's too big. Put it this way, if your now sweating buy the time you get it to you ass it to loose. If you don't have them get some leg sleeves (there slick material that makes it easyer to put the suit on) Titan sells then. After you get the suit on you pull them out from under the legs.

As for workout... Find a number that will let you break parrallel then keep adding weight till you can't get it back up. I try to keep it to 3-4 reps in the suit. If your getting to parrallel to easy you need to get the straps takin up (to make it tighter) you should not be about to put the straps up and down by yourself. After you find a max take a tripple at 85% or your suited max then take suit off....

Then still get work in out of the suit, you will find that buy this time (if the suit is tight) you will be spent and not have much energy left. At that point just do what you can.

I get from 140-170lbs outta my suit and knee wraps. FYI

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Lookin ripped fork!

I would put it on 6-8 wks out.... If the suit goes on easy it's too big. Put it this way, if your now sweating buy the time you get it to you ass it to loose. If you don't have them get some leg sleeves (there slick material that makes it easyer to put the suit on) Titan sells then. After you get the suit on you pull them out from under the legs.

As for workout... Find a number that will let you break parrallel then keep adding weight till you can't get it back up. I try to keep it to 3-4 reps in the suit. If your getting to parrallel to easy you need to get the straps takin up (to make it tighter) you should not be about to put the straps up and down by yourself. After you find a max take a tripple at 85% or your suited max then take suit off....

Then still get work in out of the suit, you will find that buy this time (if the suit is tight) you will be spent and not have much energy left. At that point just do what you can.
    Fuckin awesome man, thanks for the info !! Just ordered some squat shoes as well...
    wt-float1.jpg
    http://www.ristosports.com/index.php...roducts_id=100

I should be all set now !!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

How long have you been lifting for? Seriously impressive numbers you have bro.

Been pl'n for about 4-5 years..... This past meet was my first in 1year, took the year off due to the knee.

Thank buddy . The numbers are good but not when I'm next to other stars in my weight class.

Due to my knee I can only do box squats with a smith machine. That does not hurt my knee at all. But doing regulars can kill me even when I'm air squatting.

I have seen 160kg, 352lbs with box squat on a smith machine. I'm sure some guys here won't count it as a squat but ..
    No one is special, some were patient.

Single ply squat suit, lifts like this is why she is #1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m92RQ...e_gdata_player

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

I'm resetting my squat technique, trying to change from close to wide stance.

Currently box squatting to parallel, handling around 200-220 for a good 10 reps. Once I'm able to hit below parallel with the box I'll intruduce the free squats again.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast