Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: what's your max squat?

Voters
312. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100lbs+

9 2.88%
  • 200lbs+

26 8.33%
  • 300lbs+

85 27.24%
  • 400lbs+

94 30.13%
  • 500lbs+

63 20.19%
  • 600lbs+

19 6.09%
  • 700lbs+

16 5.13%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: what's your max squat?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by USEALITTLE View Post
    Single ply squat suit, lifts like this is why she is #1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m92RQ...e_gdata_player
    Solid squat! Lucky she got that extra little bit of depth there.

Very strong.

Hi I think I already know the answer but here goes.If I can bench 340 at body weight 190 what should I be deadlifting and sqauts

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by rsheepy View Post
    Hi I think I already know the answer but here goes.If I can bench 340 at body weight 190 what should I be deadlifting and sqauts
    Well that's a pretty decent bench.

What are you squatting and DL'ing right now?

Squat 400 and Deadlift 462 I think thats crap right compared to Bench,I have done the old classic and focused on Bench for first few years and only really got serious Sqauts and Deadlift last couple of years.My form could probally do with some tweaks too.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Yeah, your deadlift probably has a lot of room for growth. I'd be aiming for somewhere around the 600 mark (for your bodyweight). Obviously there's a lot of work to get to there; some of it might be adjusting/resetting your technique and then I'd guess you might want to look at a few different approaches with your training.

If you're looking maybe a year or so out from now, I would say something like S500/B360/D550 would be a reasonable goal to set yourself. That would give you a little bit over a 1,400lb total which isn't that bad. As you said yourself, right now you seem to be dominant in the bench, so it's just developing a strategy to bring up your other two lifts. Just my 2c MF.

Yeah thats cool I think I could get there in year I had that down as my goal.I would really like to get to S 500/B440/D600 Total 1540 June next year.I feel I get there easy on bench and maybe Deadlift as my weights increasing weekly on those But my sqaut might be a push for 500 but Ill give it a red hot go.I am going about shoulder width stance and toes straight ahead If that helps.I was checking out Australian powerlifting records raw and thats what I want to shoot for for my weight.But by time I get there someone probally alredy beaten It But thats the way It goes.Record for my weight at mo in Aus is Bench 429 sqaut 554 and deadlift 642 (1625) total.I seeyour from Ch Ch I was born in Ashburton been in oz for 13 years Use to train at Rays Gym In Tinwald.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Nice goals man, give me a yell if you need anything. Tinwald aye, wow small world!

Spotter

Will do thanks a lot for that.Yeah just converting from kilo to pounds is a forever battle he he.Yeah gym owner was always trying to get me into powerlifting back then but it was,nt for me then.Yeah poor buggers over there with the earthquakes feel sorry for yous.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Will do thanks a lot for that.Yeah just converting from kilo to pounds is a forever battle he he.Yeah gym owner was always trying to get me into powerlifting back then but it was,nt for me then.Yeah poor buggers over there with the earthquakes feel sorry for yous.
    It's been hard. $75k worth of damge to our home so far and we're one of the lucky ones !!

Thoughts are with you guys.Yeah Family over it all too even going in to a 2 storey building freaks them out.Hope things get better for you all.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Thoughts are with you guys.Yeah Family over it all too even going in to a 2 storey building freaks them out.Hope things get better for you all.
    Cheers mate, thank you. Same to your family ~ they'll have the snow to worry about right now. A good dumping today !!

Hit my heaviest squat in two years today. 100lbs lol, totally pain free. 135 is the goal for now, ultimate goal is 500+. Someday...

Who cares? it's all about what you curl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdealbaby View Post
    Who cares? it's all about what you curl!!!
    I squat in the curl rack.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Quote Originally Posted by Young Blood View Post
    Hit my heaviest squat in two years today. 100lbs lol, totally pain free. 135 is the goal for now, ultimate goal is 500+. Someday...

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast