Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: what's your max squat?

Voters
312. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100lbs+

    9 2.88%
  • 200lbs+

    26 8.33%
  • 300lbs+

    85 27.24%
  • 400lbs+

    94 30.13%
  • 500lbs+

    63 20.19%
  • 600lbs+

    19 6.09%
  • 700lbs+

    16 5.13%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 225

Thread: what's your max squat?

  1. #18
    Beast Dabear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Saint Cloud, Florida
    Posts
    8,008

    Default

    good squat!
    those box squats will help you a lot! they will benefit your deadlift too.
    my strongman training
    Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.



  2. #19
    Freak of Nature USEALITTLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    not with the body i used to have...
    Posts
    12,313
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wildjojo1 View Post
    450 is my best. Just tried box squats for first time last week did 315 for 4 reps(only 2nd leg workout in many months). Then this week I was able to get 335 for 8. I know alot has to do with just getting back in shape but I can definitly tell they help alot 500 her I come
    keep up the box squats the weight will come up quick after repeated use.

  3. #20
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Killadelphia, PA
    Posts
    185

    Default

    I need to hang out in the this section more often. Everyone seems to be a complete brutual f**king beast! I'm currently stuck at 425x6 but hopefully my eating habits should change that soon. You guys mostly train in the 5-6rep range?

  4. #21
    Moderator He-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    8,674
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
    I need to hang out in the this section more often. Everyone seems to be a complete brutual f**king beast! I'm currently stuck at 425x6 but hopefully my eating habits should change that soon. You guys mostly train in the 5-6rep range?
    It depends...sometimes when I'm feeling really good I'll go heavier and go down to 2-3 reps but I like to stick with 5x5 for the most part. That's after 3-4 warmup sets though with rep ranges of 20,15,10 then the 5x5 sets and then 1 more 15 rep set to "pump and burn" LOL I find 5x5 gives me mass & strength...but I do love those 2-3 reps sets!!!
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

  5. #22
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Killadelphia, PA
    Posts
    185

    Default

    Wow 2-3reps is real low. I don't think I ever went that low. I'm doing 4x6 at the moment, but I usually stick with 10-12reps per set. Prime example how everyone is different because I build mass when my rep range stays in the 6-7 area unlike what everyone swears by only doing reps of 10-12 to build mass.

  6. #23
    Moderator He-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    8,674
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
    Wow 2-3reps is real low. I don't think I ever went that low. I'm doing 4x6 at the moment, but I usually stick with 10-12reps per set. Prime example how everyone is different because I build mass when my rep range stays in the 6-7 area unlike what everyone swears by only doing reps of 10-12 to build mass.
    True indeed, everyone is completely different so what works for someone may not work for another. If you check out the H.O.S.S Training Program thread here you can see a workout program I created and have basically been doing, variations of, for almost a decade now. It's built around the the big 3 (Squat, deadlift, bench press) and the 5x5 rep range....however and it a BIG however....when you factor in the warm-up with 2x15, 1x10 rep ranges and then final 1x15 rep set thats 4 sets with 10 or more reps. The idea is to hit ALL the muscle fibers with varying rep ranges and to keep the exercises basic and compound!!!
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

  7. #24
    Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    17,329

    Default Woulda been a pr...



    Instead... squashed like a GRAPE...
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

  8. #25

    Default squat

    ive done 905 with belt and nothing else. also squated 1069 ai michigan wolverine open 2006.

  9. #26
    Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    17,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigg View Post
    ive done 905 with belt and nothing else. also squated 1069 ai michigan wolverine open 2006.
    2 posts and both boast your 905 squat with a belt. Do you have any pics or vids? I would like to check them out. Give us some more info. Where you train? Weight? Style of training (westside, etc)? Just a squatter or do you train all 3? Anyway, fantastic strength! More info!
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

  10. #27

    Default

    you don't wear a belt for pr joe?wow

  11. #28
    Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    17,329

    Default

    nah. they never felt right, kinda messed up my breathing. I like to think after years of heavy weight I built up my own "belt" so to speak.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

  12. #29
    Addison K.
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjoe View Post


    Instead... squashed like a GRAPE...
    Great attempt, Tjoe.

    I noticed your knees went in a bit when you were pushing out of the hole.

    I think if you turned your toes out more, you would get more power out of your hips and you could get the weight.

    AK

  13. #30
    Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    17,329

    Default

    actually the knees coming in is a sign of "weaker" hips. you want to try and keep the feet pointed straight ahead as much as possible. then when coming up out of the hole you want to try to "spread the floor" (as Louie puts it) and that will keep the knees out. ya kinda push against the sides of your shoes.

    Try this little trick:
    Stand up and put your feet about shoulder width apart or so. put your hands on your hip/hip flexors (like where the pockets would be on pair of jeans). Now drive your feet out to the sides of your shoes (as if you were trying to "spread the floor"). You should feel them pop right out. Thats what you want to do as soon as you reverse the weight at the bottom.

    I'll keep workin on it. I really wanna hit 585 (six plates)
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

  14. #31
    Barbarian adilevy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    470
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    545 for 5-6 deep reps.

  15. #32
    Beach Body
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Westside Barbell, OH
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craigg View Post
    ive done 905 with belt and nothing else. also squated 1069 ai michigan wolverine open 2006.
    Your name wouldn't be Paul Stratakis would it?

  16. #33
    Addison K.
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tjoe View Post
    actually the knees coming in is a sign of "weaker" hips. you want to try and keep the feet pointed straight ahead as much as possible. then when coming up out of the hole you want to try to "spread the floor" (as Louie puts it) and that will keep the knees out. ya kinda push against the sides of your shoes.

    Try this little trick:
    Stand up and put your feet about shoulder width apart or so. put your hands on your hip/hip flexors (like where the pockets would be on pair of jeans). Now drive your feet out to the sides of your shoes (as if you were trying to "spread the floor"). You should feel them pop right out. Thats what you want to do as soon as you reverse the weight at the bottom.


    I'll keep workin on it. I really wanna hit 585 (six plates)
    Did you give yourself advice?

    AK

  17. #34
    Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    17,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Addison K. View Post
    Did you give yourself advice?

    AK
    Nah. Stuff I already know and tried to do, but I am just too weak for 560 right now
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •