Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: what's your max deadlift?

Voters
560. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100lbs+

3 0.54%
  • 200lbs+

26 4.64%
  • 300lbs+

78 13.93%
  • 400lbs+

159 28.39%
  • 500lbs+

183 32.68%
  • 600lbs+

68 12.14%
  • 700lbs+

26 4.64%
  • 800lbs+

17 3.04%
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: what's your max deadlift?

I pulled 495 3 weeks ago. Working towards 525 before january 1st
    IF THE BAR ISNT BENDING ITS NOT HEAVY ENOUGH GO WORKOUT WITH THE YOGA CROWD CHICKEN SHIT

I will turn 15 in a week and i just pulled 375 !

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IcelandPride View Post
    Very nice bro! Keep at it, no where to go but UP!! 400 is right around the corner.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

I can do 528 ( 140kg ) for 5 or 6 reps but train safely with 440 , just dont think my genetic potential will ever let me lift heavier and whats the use of risking injury.

Wish I had time for more PL training but the day is only so long lol ..

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

zander - interesting. You've got a strong pull there. I think you could go heavier if you wanted to. What is safer than a nice tight single? Injuries "typically" happen with more reps as the form/concentration start to break down. Think about how focused you are before a max single. Of course all this is assuming you have no previous injuries to begin with... Anyway, nice work bro!
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Thanks mate .... yeah I could go for a while working up to a good single , maybe next off season when Im holding a bit of bodyfat again. Leaning down again now for the BB comp season in early 09. I am perpetualy the 75kg guy now in a 100kg body haha .. and now at nearly 40 I listen when my body says 'what the f**k are you doing ? '

Think its very important even for a bodybuilder to maintain that top end strenght.

Only injuries is knees play up when I go too heavy ( for reps ) squating .... but nothing is quite so satisfying , catch 22 !

Quote Originally Posted by IcelandPride View Post
    It's impressive that you even deadlift at that age. Keep it up
    IF THE BAR ISNT BENDING ITS NOT HEAVY ENOUGH GO WORKOUT WITH THE YOGA CROWD CHICKEN SHIT

i pulled up 465 @185lb bw this evening. i like deadlifting i think

Now that Im about 65lbs lighter my DL dropped a little bit but i was happy with 455x3 yesterday at a little under 210.
    Envy is ignorance, Imitation is suicide.
    -RWE

545 right now, but I'm peaking for a meet Dec 20th where I hope to hit 575+ and 600 asap

Quote Originally Posted by pghiron View Post
    Now that Im about 65lbs lighter my DL dropped a little bit but i was happy with 455x3 yesterday at a little under 210.
    455x3 is damn fine. And just wondering how you dropped down 65lbs in body weight? how long did it take you?

My goal is to drop 35-40lbs and get back down around the 250's....its just a more comfortable body weight for me LOL
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    455x3 is damn fine. And just wondering how you dropped down 65lbs in body weight? how long did it take you?

My goal is to drop 35-40lbs and get back down around the 250's....its just a more comfortable body weight for me LOL
    thanks bro. it took almost a year. the first couple months i wasnt really dieting. just kinda watching what i ate. that started in like november. then in march i was 258 when i started my diet. i just did no carbs and melted. all i ate was red meat eggs and bacon. every now and then i switched it up with chicken. once that stalled out after a couple months i started cycling them. it went 0,0,150,100,50,0,ugly. my ugly day i did whatever i wanted. some days that meant fast food 3 times. that took me around 225ish. then i just started eating clean. now im around 210. i didnt really lose much strength until rescently but i completely changed my workouts since i joined the military. i hadnt even been lifting heavy for a while. i was actually stronger for a while when i was just eating red meat.
    -RWE

Quote Originally Posted by pghiron View Post
    thanks bro. it took almost a year. the first couple months i wasnt really dieting. just kinda watching what i ate. that started in like november. then in march i was 258 when i started my diet. i just did no carbs and melted. all i ate was red meat eggs and bacon. every now and then i switched it up with chicken. once that stalled out after a couple months i started cycling them. it went 0,0,150,100,50,0,ugly. my ugly day i did whatever i wanted. some days that meant fast food 3 times. that took me around 225ish. then i just started eating clean. now im around 210. i didnt really lose much strength until rescently but i completely changed my workouts since i joined the military. i hadnt even been lifting heavy for a while. i was actually stronger for a while when i was just eating red meat.
    Thanks for posting that...I'm slowly lowering my carbs each week and upping my cardio. Right now my main carbs come b4 and after training and I'm up to 30mins cardio 4x's week after my workouts. NO carbs after 6pm started this week although I've never really eaten a lot at night anyhow, just maybe a bowl of cereal haha with 2 kids there are lots of yummy cereals around to eat. I've had some great help from a few MD members on diet ideas (thanks ScorpioChick). The thing is that I really want to make some "life" changes that I can stick to instead of doing a drastic diet, which would work of course, but I'd rather take the weight off slowly and be able to keep it off with good diet habits like you did.

It's motivating - thanks!!!
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    Thanks for posting that...I'm slowly lowering my carbs each week and upping my cardio. Right now my main carbs come b4 and after training and I'm up to 30mins cardio 4x's week after my workouts. NO carbs after 6pm started this week although I've never really eaten a lot at night anyhow, just maybe a bowl of cereal haha with 2 kids there are lots of yummy cereals around to eat. I've had some great help from a few MD members on diet ideas (thanks ScorpioChick). The thing is that I really want to make some "life" changes that I can stick to instead of doing a drastic diet, which would work of course, but I'd rather take the weight off slowly and be able to keep it off with good diet habits like you did.

It's motivating - thanks!!!
    glad i could help. once i started seeing results it was easy for me. now that im this low i cheat all the time. but i do so much swimming and running along with mma that i can be alot more lax with it. it seems like you are on the right track already. keep it up!
    -RWE

I pulled 540lbs @ 220, always been more comfortable sumo style. That was raw, just a belt. I've never worn a suit before but always wanted to train with one.

tonight i got up 485 @ 183lb bw no belt. im on a roll. i can smell 500lbs

Lieutenant

Damn I got 405 at 190lb raw, thought it was good for me till I read the above post. shit.

Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast