Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: what's your max bench press?

Voters
497. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100lbs+

21 4.23%
  • 200lbs+

120 24.14%
  • 300lbs+

198 39.84%
  • 400lbs+

102 20.52%
  • 500lbs+

32 6.44%
  • 600lbs+

8 1.61%
  • 700lbs+

16 3.22%
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: what's your max bench press?

225x1 at 148 lbs.

Yea, back in school i didnt have money to get any kinda protien so my gains were minimal. Now all i really do is take whey protien within 30 min of my workouts. I think this works pretty good for me for now. I wanna try some black powder for a pre-work out also, but its hard to tell wats worth the money cuz everything clains to be the best and your muscle will sky rocket but i just do look much into an advertisement.

Spotter

This poll doesn't go high enough for me......shit, thats pounds, not ounces. Meh.

LOL YEA I CAN BENCH 850 OUNCES!! WITH A PAUSE!!

Quote Originally Posted by KRUMMDIDDY View Post
    Yea, back in school i didnt have money to get any kinda protien so my gains were minimal. Now all i really do is take whey protien within 30 min of my workouts. I think this works pretty good for me for now. I wanna try some black powder for a pre-work out also, but its hard to tell wats worth the money cuz everything clains to be the best and your muscle will sky rocket but i just do look much into an advertisement.
    I'll save you some money lol...here are some supp's that I KNOW work:

whey isolate - 30-50g's b4 & after workouts
    creatine monohydrate - 5g's b4 & after workouts
    good multi-vitamin

I think those are a must for any serious training lifter IMO. If you want a good pump booster just buy pure L-Arginine capsules (much much cheaper). I've also read recenting, in MD of course , that vitamin C can help with pumps? who knows but I take an extra 600mgs 3x's/day. I also take 2 tablespoons of Glutamine/day...the jury is out on this supp but I find it helps my ulcer. I also take ZMA b4 bed.

Hope that helps
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

YEA FOR SURE, I TAKE THE VITAMIN C JUST TO STAY HEALTHY ITS GOOD, I DONT KNOW ABOUT IT HELPIN PUOMS OR NOT. I HAVE ONLY BEEN TAKIN STUFF AFTER A WOROUT SO IMA SWITCH THAT UP.

Default my best!

my best Bench press?
    Well-
    I better not!
    it'll piss to many power lifters off!

I havent done a max press in 3 years but according to a 1rm calculator on another site it should be around 378 pounds. After sunday I'll know for sure though......

Quote Originally Posted by Angrmgmt View Post
    I havent done a max press in 3 years but according to a 1rm calculator on another site it should be around 378 pounds. After sunday I'll know for sure though......

if you havnt been training hard and hard in 3 years i think you will be hard pressed to make that #......how many reps are you doin to use the calc?

Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by Angrmgmt View Post
    You probably wont hit that weight. Not because its not in you but just because you will not be used to feeling that heavy of weight unless..... you have been doing low reps (1-5 reps).

Right now on chest day my final set of flat BB is 315 for 6 reps and 1 forced rep with my training partner.....However as of today I started He-Mans 3 month H.O.S.S training program and it's friggin insane! So we'll see where it takes me.....

Behemoth

that should take you beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr House View Post
    i train alone in a gym
    yeah when the school starts i have a friend to spot me there, his spotting will help a lot imho. i dont have the courage to get under heavy stuff. i dropped some weight 2 times when i was little lol
    fuck school man!!! they dont need to see what ur lifting. 99% of them arent serious about shit expecially about weight training like u, so theyre gona be talking trash and looking at u and doing all these stupid things. go ot a real hardcore gym bro. oh and 1 more thing. if u want to get big and very strong, u have to lift heavy fucking weight.

Spotter

when I was 17 I threw up 300 at 155, now Im only good for 325 at a lean 190, but ive obviously got much more muscle mass, its all about what your training for, size or strength

455 x 1 with a full pause. 235lbs bodyweight, and 24yrs old. Looking for 5 plates before the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by 10secbu View Post
    455 x 1 with a full pause. 235lbs bodyweight, and 24yrs old. Looking for 5 plates before the new year.
    Anything over 400lbs is a real accomplishment!!!

5plates/side is a true milestone...you'll get there bro. Do you have access to bands & chains at your gym? they help big time to increase the #'s. Are following in particular strength system right now?
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Haman View Post
    my best Bench press?
    Well-
    I better not!
    it'll piss to many power lifters off!
    Holy crap....I thought Chris Cook was back from the grave LOL you look like him a bit. And I don't think anyone will get pissed if you are frickin powerhouse LOL, what are your #'s bro? you're a big guy so I'd hope you're strong too....which I know is unfortunately NOT the case will all bb'ers

Where/when did you turn pro?

All the best
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast