Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: what's your max bench press?

Voters
497. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100lbs+

21 4.23%
  • 200lbs+

120 24.14%
  • 300lbs+

198 39.84%
  • 400lbs+

102 20.52%
  • 500lbs+

32 6.44%
  • 600lbs+

8 1.61%
  • 700lbs+

16 3.22%
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: what's your max bench press?

285 is my best for one lift. My chest is SHIT!

556 lb BENCH PRESS IN A RAGE X @ NASA USA NATIONALS IN OH

TRAIN HARD

"BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAKYCHAIRMAN

Peaceful28 voted 700+

I recently had a chat with a professional powerlifter; a family member of Anthony Clark. He was benching 400 in high school and he said Anthony put up 500 - he said Anthony did 600 at 19 years old. I am fucking focused to get to 5 plates up by March. No more messin' with four. And no gear either, since I am still trying to get my wife prego.

I must do 500 in my lifetime... so my goal is March, or sooner

GeorgeForemanRules

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Peaceful28 voted 700+

I recently had a chat with a professional powerlifter; a family member of Anthony Clark. He was benching 400 in high school and he said Anthony put up 500 - he said Anthony did 600 at 19 years old. I am fucking focused to get to 5 plates up by March. No more messin' with four. And no gear either, since I am still trying to get my wife prego.

I must do 500 in my lifetime... so my goal is March, or sooner
    That was with a shirt not Raw, and it was actually 612lbs.

375 about 12 months ago regularly.... now 285 as top end lift ...

When I drop bench out of training and go to Dumbbells it seems the top end bench always suffers. I think its a learned skill like anything else but I couldnt be bothered really , for BB the judges dont care how strong you are.

545 raw, never used a shirt.. Military press 355 max.. Never have competed in powerlifting event... thinking of doing one soon. Can't make my mind up, powerlifting/bodybuilding.. been training and eating like shit since had my son last year.. But wouldn't have it any other way.. Like to get 600 raw.. maybe one day when training and nutrition is right again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricomactaco View Post
    545 raw, never used a shirt.. Military press 355 max.. Never have competed in powerlifting event... thinking of doing one soon. Can't make my mind up, powerlifting/bodybuilding.. been training and eating like shit since had my son last year.. But wouldn't have it any other way.. Like to get 600 raw.. maybe one day when training and nutrition is right again.
    One thing is for certain, taking on powerlifting for awhile can really help you build up more density to cut up later. This is why I am trying to shake myself up for now - I fgure one thing is for certain, cutting up and pushing five plates will look bigger and harder than cutting up and only pushing four. My mind is focused on one thing right now: push more weight. I am planning on doing a bench press comp at the end of next month, and I'll continue to do them to keep my mind right... until I put up them five plates.

One thing is for certain, taking on powerlifting for awhile can really help you build up more density to cut up later. This is why I am trying to shake myself up for now - I fgure one thing is for certain, cutting up and pushing five plates will look bigger and harder than cutting up and only pushing four. My mind is focused on one thing right now: push more weight. I am planning on doing a bench press comp at the end of next month, and I'll continue to do them to keep my mind right... until I put up them five plates.
    Trust me, i know what you mean. Finally getting them five plates feels amazing! But what really feels good is when you get them five plates and 2.5's on each side.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricomactaco View Post
    Trust me, i know what you mean. Finally getting them five plates feels amazing! But what really feels good is when you get them five plates and 2.5's on each side.
    It might look silly but I'd be damned not to complete a true 500 at that strength!

It might look silly but I'd be damned not to complete a true 500 at that strength!
    500 for REPS
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

LOl.. It won't look silly, everyone usually goes Although i have to admit after you get used to doing it the 2.5's do look cute

Quote Originally Posted by Dabear View Post
    sick!
    was that a comp or training?
    it was training. did 402 comp. no shirt

I got to 300lbs awhile ago then I found out that I was using to much of a wide grip about 2.5 inches outside the lines. When I went into the lines I went back down to 225lbs and had to build back up. Right now Im up to 315lbs.

Nobody

raw 260 kgs for 1, um whats that like 570 something lbs??
    on monday i did 5 plates for a triple, with a sore shoulder. Next yr i really wanna bring that bench up, to 280 - 300 kgs

Online: 995 pounds raw. Ive been trying like hell, but I just cant get that extra nickle.

In real life: probably 250.
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Loco View Post
    Online: 995 pounds raw. Ive been trying like hell, but I just cant get that extra nickle. In real life: probably 250.
    LOL - now that is honest right there folks

I thought you could do more then 250lbs though by your pics...you look like a pretty big guy bro!!! what is your strongest exercise then? I'm a believer that we all have one gifted lift...mine was bench...shit my squat wasn't ever much higher then my bench LOL although I guess I'm doing a lot more reps with a heavy weight on the squat so that counts for something.
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    LOL - now that is honest right there folks

I thought you could do more then 250lbs though by your pics...you look like a pretty big guy bro!!! what is your strongest exercise then? I'm a believer that we all have one gifted lift...mine was bench...shit my squat wasn't ever much higher then my bench LOL although I guess I'm doing a lot more reps with a heavy weight on the squat so that counts for something.
    It's odd, but I know some guys that can bench more than they can deadlift... your best lifts are totally at the mercy of your body's structure.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast