Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: what's your max bench press?

Voters
497. You may not vote on this poll
  • 100lbs+

21 4.23%
  • 200lbs+

120 24.14%
  • 300lbs+

198 39.84%
  • 400lbs+

102 20.52%
  • 500lbs+

32 6.44%
  • 600lbs+

8 1.61%
  • 700lbs+

16 3.22%
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: what's your max bench press?

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    LOL - now that is honest right there folks

I thought you could do more then 250lbs though by your pics...you look like a pretty big guy bro!!! what is your strongest exercise then? I'm a believer that we all have one gifted lift...mine was bench...shit my squat wasn't ever much higher then my bench LOL although I guess I'm doing a lot more reps with a heavy weight on the squat so that counts for something.
    Hah hah....thanks, bro. Im not very big at all, but thanks. Im between 5'6 and 6'0 depending on what convinience store I happen to be leaving. I only weigh about 175 right now. I honestly dont know what my best lift is...... Maybe T-bar rows for multiple reps with 6 plates (270), sitting cable pulls for multiple reps with 300, or 110# DB presses. Not a whole lot compared to some of the really big lifts Ive seen around here. I dont max ever, though. Not my thing.
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Loco View Post
    Hah hah....thanks, bro. Im not very big at all, but thanks. Im between 5'6 and 6'0 depending on what convinience store I happen to be leaving. I only weigh about 175 right now. I honestly dont know what my best lift is...... Maybe T-bar rows for multiple reps with 6 plates (270), sitting cable pulls for multiple reps with 300, or 110# DB presses. Not a whole lot compared to some of the really big lifts Ive seen around here. I dont max ever, though. Not my thing.
    That's the funny thing about pictures, its hard to judge true size unless its compared to someone/something else in a photo LOL And it sounds like your back is your strong bodypart then - do you/have you ever deadlifted?
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    It's odd, but I know some guys that can bench more than they can deadlift... your best lifts are totally at the mercy of your body's structure.
    I agree 100%....its all about structure. I was built for the bench however I came along 25 years too late in history LOL I wish I knew back when I was benching 500lbs for reps and did 600lbs how much that really was. I would've entered more powerlifting meets for sure and actually trained for bp strength. Hindsight is truly 20/20 huh
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Spotter

I'm still boggled that their isn't 500,000,000,000 replies to this thread because thats the only lift most gym rats do. I'm a lifetime natural and completely happy with it. When I weighed 235 during this winter I put up 405x5 now I'm a pathetic 215 after dieting and can only muster up 375x6. I'm not a bench press junkie its just one of my more stronger lifts

Quote Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
    I'm still boggled that their isn't 500,000,000,000 replies to this thread because thats the only lift most gym rats do. I'm a lifetime natural and completely happy with it. When I weighed 235 during this winter I put up 405x5 now I'm a pathetic 215 after dieting and can only muster up 375x6. I'm not a bench press junkie its just one of my more stronger lifts
    Most men will NEVER bench press over 400lbs so hats off to you And as one of the Team Leaders of this forum I wish there were 500,000,000,000 replies on this thread LOL maybe then they would start paying me
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man View Post
    That's the funny thing about pictures, its hard to judge true size unless its compared to someone/something else in a photo LOL And it sounds like your back is your strong bodypart then - do you/have you ever deadlifted?
    I deadlifted when I began and quickly hurt my back. Then some powerlifters showed me how and I loved them. Best I ever did was a 405 single. Not much.
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

402 raw at meet..

Did some singles and doubles for the first time since my last meet in mid-August when I hit 300 raw. Almost got 305, so I'm pleased with that considering I haven't been pushing the heavy weight. 315 at 165 here I come!!
    www.naturaliowamuscle.com
    www.heartlandclassic.com

Beach Body

515 raw and 700 (in a meet) shirted. That meet PR is going to be changed very soon though

562 BP(PR) IN A SINGLE-PLY RAGE X AT THE 8-31-08 USAPL BP NATIONALS

My body weight: 219

TRAIN HARD
    "BIG WILLIE" J.T. HALL
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NASAKYCHAIRMAN

got 410 raw this morning. got a video on my phone from it but cant send anywhere. phone says the file is to big to send. any help with that and ill post it on here.

cant post pic
    Last edited by buddha; September 29th, 2008 at 09:14 AM. Reason: cant post pic

sorry bout quality, it was taken with my phone. my spotter looks like he is lifting up but he was just pushing out on the bar cause i tend to press the bar towards the bar rests

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fusea...deoid=43750266

WiseGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Peaceful28 voted 700+

I recently had a chat with a professional powerlifter; a family member of Anthony Clark. He was benching 400 in high school and he said Anthony put up 500 - he said Anthony did 600 at 19 years old. I am fucking focused to get to 5 plates up by March. No more messin' with four. And no gear either, since I am still trying to get my wife prego.

I must do 500 in my lifetime... so my goal is March, or sooner
    Don't hate.

I put up 265x2 at a bodyweight of 225. I was in the power rack because i also train alone at 4am. I went on the polumbo diet and watched my bodyweight drop to 200 and my bench drop to 225 lol. Im eating like a powerlifter and training lower reps now. I want that 300 bench for a Jan. 1st goal. Time to go to work now lol.
    I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerj View Post
    I put up 265x2 at a bodyweight of 225. I was in the power rack because i also train alone at 4am. I went on the polumbo diet and watched my bodyweight drop to 200 and my bench drop to 225 lol. Im eating like a powerlifter and training lower reps now. I want that 300 bench for a Jan. 1st goal. Time to go to work now lol.
    Keep it up...you'll get there. Check out Warriors "I will bench press 500" thread here in thsi forum for tips and ideas that might help you reach your goal.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=39083
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BRAVE

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bell View Post
    515 raw and 700 (in a meet) shirted. That meet PR is going to be changed very soon though

I do 515 fairly easy raw. (Not that its easy). Lets just say i got lil more left in me. Seeing your post almost makes me want to get a shirt. Not saying that its wrong. I've never really have whole heartedly accepted them. Although that big 700 is awful tempting.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast