Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: FitAdina's Blog Spot

Amateur Threat

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by richwa View Post
    No, I don't make it my business to correct people in the gym. I'm there to accomplish my goals. I just watch in amazement.

I'm right there with ya. It surprises me because there are some pretty well built guys who have obviously been lifting for years sloppng the weights around. I love the guys who are swinging their bodies all over the place to do curls with really heavy dumbells.
    Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

I think that all the time teddy...how do these big guys look the way they do if their form is so terrible? There are some older guys who go in there and cheat every rep or have a 1" range of motion on everything. My all time favorite exercise to see people use the wrong form on is seated rows. They just grab the handle and lean back and forth like they're in a rocking chair. I actually have a friend who I used to lift w/ who cheated on every rep of barbell curls but brags about being able to curl 165 for reps. I just think to myself "no wonder you can't get your arms to grow anymore."

Oh my gosh! How great to come home to that many happy messages!!! WOO HOO!

I love you guys! Happy New Year!

I was going to eat my last bowl of cereal for the year. Then I read your tread! I ate 2 egg whites instead!
    Thank you kindly!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR Adina!!

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    You rock! I don't know why people use vacations to skip. I love trying new gyms when I get to travel. I even like hotel gyms. I like taking the nothing that's there are turning it into a something workout!

My gym is a 24 hour gym. No employees. You just get in with a code and your fingerprint!

The only bad thing...no one to tell people when they are doing stuff really, really, really wrong.

I watched thin one girl do an entire exercise seated backwards on the lat pulldown machine. Her neck kept popping forward like a chicken! God love her.
    Yep, I hear you, for me, if I can't train (or do something very active)everyday on vacation then it just isn't a vacation!.... unless I go back to Italy.. then I might just enjoy the food and wine for a couple weeks.

I gotta find a gym like that, that's great.

Quote Originally Posted by teddy788 View Post
    I'm right there with ya. It surprises me because there are some pretty well built guys who have obviously been lifting for years sloppng the weights around. I love the guys who are swinging their bodies all over the place to do curls with really heavy dumbells.
    Quote Originally Posted by richwa View Post
    I think that all the time teddy...how do these big guys look the way they do if their form is so terrible? There are some older guys who go in there and cheat every rep or have a 1" range of motion on everything. My all time favorite exercise to see people use the wrong form on is seated rows. They just grab the handle and lean back and forth like they're in a rocking chair. I actually have a friend who I used to lift w/ who cheated on every rep of barbell curls but brags about being able to curl 165 for reps. I just think to myself "no wonder you can't get your arms to grow anymore."
    I think of it this way...how big would they be if they used correct form?!

Quote Originally Posted by fitairess View Post
    I was going to eat my last bowl of cereal for the year. Then I read your tread! I ate 2 egg whites instead!
    Thank you kindly!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR Adina!!
    Love it! Thanks for telling me that.

And looke at your abs! WOW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve G View Post
    Yep, I hear you, for me, if I can't train (or do something very active)everyday on vacation then it just isn't a vacation!.... unless I go back to Italy.. then I might just enjoy the food and wine for a couple weeks.

I gotta find a gym like that, that's great.
    Well...I'd excuse you if you went to Italy. Only, I really don't think you'd excuse youself!

The gym is great. No matter what, I CAN go. The only time you can't get in is if the eletricity is out!

Quote Originally Posted by rwidmarkjr View Post
    Ok, Adina my new thread posted in Fat Loss Fanatics!!

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50851
    I am SOOOOO proud of you for getting a thread started! I see you posting more and more, and I like it.

Lightbulb Happy New Year!

They say that what youíre doing at midnight is what youíll be doing all year.

If thatís the case, Iíll be laughing all year!

Not just laughing. Belly-laughing. Mouth-open-wide-not-even-trying-to-hold-it-back laughing!

I had a friend tell me one time that I had taught her it was OK to laugh out loud. I thought about that for a long time, and I began watching people.

Itís AMAZING how many people hold their laughter in. AMAZING! Stifled giggle. Hands over mouth. Heads turning away.

Not me! Man, I just let Ďer rip!

Because some things arenít meant to be contained. I think joy is one of them.

And so is the fire you feel when you first find your love for the gym.

I remember people looking at me like I was crazy when I told them I had learned to love the gym.

ďArenít you afraid youíll get burnt out?Ē

ďYou canít keep up that pace, you know?Ē

ďYouíll get tired of it.Ē

ďIt isnít natural to be that happy about going to the gym.Ē

But you know what? Itís been three years now, and I still love it.

How can you not love something that gives you so much in return?

What else can you do that produces that much change for such a little chunk of your time?

Itís New Years. A day where all across the nation people will embark on quests to lose weight.

But once you find your love for the gym, you donít have to make that same resolution over and over and over again.

Itís no mystery why the resolution I made every year from age 13 to age 33 failed. I failed to find the joy in what I was doing. And that is the most import step.

You donít repeatedly do things you hate.

So maybe your resolution should be: this year, Iím going to learn to love my gym.

Happy New Year!

Oh no! I'll be doing puzzles all year...with one of those concentrated frowns etched into my forhead! But hey, I was surrounded by family and friends and we were happy and contented so that has to count for something.

Oh, then I'll be sleeping! zzzzzzz

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Quote Originally Posted by NattyLil'Cougar View Post
    Oh no! I'll be doing puzzles all year...with one of those concentrated frowns etched into my forhead! But hey, I was surrounded by family and friends and we were happy and contented so that has to count for something.
    So...you'll be doing things that keep you thinking and make you happy all year!

Quote Originally Posted by karenfromcali View Post
    Oh, then I'll be sleeping! zzzzzzz

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    NO...you'll be recovered from having that adhesion removed. It's a year of recovery for you! It's a year of getting everything fixed!

In the vision where I am swole and shredded

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May it be more fabulous, more fun and more of you being you!

Hey the only way I know how to laugh is OUT LOUD! My boyfriend tells me that i even SMILE loud, cause he swears sometimes that hears me smiling before he sees it! Its refreshing, it cleanses the soul and releases all negative energies!!

Lets keep laughing out loud...

Quote Originally Posted by shankuan View Post
    HAPPY NEW YEAR! May it be more fabulous, more fun and more of you being you!

Hey the only way I know how to laugh is OUT LOUD! My boyfriend tells me that i even SMILE loud, cause he swears sometimes that hears me smiling before he sees it! Its refreshing, it cleanses the soul and releases all negative energies!!

Lets keep laughing out loud...
    That means I have a new sister friend! I can tell.

This was a pic snapped of me laughing! Of course, if you saw the rest of the pic, you'd understand the laughter!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 101 of 807 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201601 ... LastLast