Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 807 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110510 ... LastLast
Results 154 to 170 of 13709

Thread: FitAdina's Blog Spot

  1. #154
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Lightbulb Morning Gym Time

    I’m going to let you in on a little secret that you may or may not know:

    You control the attitude of your gym.

    Yes, you. Personally.

    I do my cardio at 5:00 every morning. And I walk through that door like a lit firecracker.

    My gym buddies are used to this. I don’t walk through the door, I burst through the door. It’s just more exciting for me this way.

    As soon as someone asks me how I am, I clap my hands and say, “Woo Hoo!”

    I really don’t get to say it much any more, because as soon as the guys see me walk in, one of them will say it for me. Because of course, there is a reward for being the first one to say it. Whoever says it first gets this reply, done is sing-song of course, “You are looking hot today, baby!”

    Then I hop on the treadmill. And every day Rod will ask me, “Adina, where are you going?”

    And…to make him laugh, every morning I tell him, “You know I’m going to your house, Rod.”

    And the rest of my cardio goes much the same. I greet everyone who walks in the door…and yeah….do a happy clap as they walk in.

    I’m just wired this way!

    But I was reminded of something when I received an E-mail from my classmate last week. He said my enthusiasm for exercise was contagious.

    But you know what? Attitude is contagious. Period.

    Perky people don’t have a corner on the market.

    If I were to drag myself through the door, eyes down, frown on my face, I would still control the mood of the gym. It’s just that it would go in a different direction.

    Every morning when I walk through that door, I have two choices. I can liven up the place, or I can bring the mood down. And y’all know which one I choose….

    You would be surprised how much walking through those gym doors with a smile will affect everyone around you.

    And yes…I’m putting that in the form of a challenge. I triple dog dare you.


  2. #155

    Default

    Damn those triple dog dares! Those are the ones ya HAVE to do!

    Maybe when I show up at 4:30am the 3rd shift girl (at my work gym) will wake the heck up when I walk in a shout "woohoo!" Today she was sleeping sitting up when I walked in. Never even opened her eyes.

  3. #156
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Damn those triple dog dares! Those are the ones ya HAVE to do!

    Maybe when I show up at 4:30am the 3rd shift girl (at my work gym) will wake the heck up when I walk in a shout "woohoo!" Today she was sleeping sitting up when I walked in. Never even opened her eyes.
    Yep...and I expect to hear that myrth occured at your gym today.

    I would SO own that little worker bee! Because sleeping or not, I WOULD still say woo hoo. And days later, even at home, she'd still jump out of bed saying, "I'm up!"

  4. #157
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default ScorpioChic and KarenfromCali

    Where are my girls?

    I am in need of updates!!!

  5. #158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    Yep...and I expect to hear that myrth occured at your gym today.

    I would SO own that little worker bee! Because sleeping or not, I WOULD still say woo hoo. And days later, even at home, she'd still jump out of bed saying, "I'm up!"
    Provided I remember to throw my flip video camera in my purse I will do it and VIDEO it. Then I'll post it up for you. If I'm taking a triple dog dare I gotta have proof!

  6. #159
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Provided I remember to throw my flip video camera in my purse I will do it and VIDEO it. Then I'll post it up for you. If I'm taking a triple dog dare I gotta have proof!
    That would be so great!!!

  7. #160
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Lightbulb

    To make my diet work for me, I have to do some quirky things.

    You see, I have an EXACT diet that I follow. I eat six meals a day. It’s not like I can cook every few hours, so I pack a cooler the night before.

    I do an hour of cardio on an empty stomach, so I even scramble my egg whites the night before and heat them at work for meal number one the next morning. Invariably, someone will turn their nose up at my food. They say they don’t like the look of it or the smell of it. Usually the person saying it is eating donuts, or something of the like.

    It’s funny that I don’t walk by someone eating a Big Mac and French Fries and say, “Ooooh. Gross.” I mean, I’m thinking it, but I don’t say it. It USED to smell good to me…now it smells like an extra hour on the treadmill.

    People have no problem telling me my Whey Power shake and Ezekiel Bread look disgusting, but I would never say anything to the 300 pound person chowing down on some candy and a coke. I want to say, “Look. You’ve got a problem.” Again, I just think it, but I don’t say it. I never offer advice that is not asked for where weight loss is concerned. I have learned better!

    On the reverse though, a non-healthy person has no problem with telling me I have a problem. That I’ve taken this whole “fitness thing” too far. They don’t just think it; they say it!

    Funny. I didn’t know you could take fitness too far. I didn’t know that following a meal plan that is perfectly suited to me shows that I have a problem. That I am too disciplined. Too strict.

    Of course, it’s usually overweight, unhappy, or unhealthy people going over my diet with a fine tooth comb.

    But in the end, I let it all roll off my back….because I am happy, healthy, and fit. And no Big Mac-chomping, donut-eating, cola-slurping, out of shape person can tell me otherwise!

  8. #161

    Default

    Some things I've heard and what I say back...

    "That looks/smells awful!"
    "Good thing you don't have to eat it then!"

    "How can you eat that?"
    "are you kidding? This one is my favorite meal of the day!"

    "I could never eat that stuff."
    "Good! Cause I'm not sharing and I'm not cooking for two!"



    Had a little crisis at work in the last in the last 12 hours where an employee quit without notice. We're already shorthanded so we've pulled together to cover shifts, etc. The manager and I are pulling the bulk of the extra hours. So this morning the manager came in to relieve me at 2am I noticed when she walked through the door looking like death warmed over from lack of sleep. Keep in mind I'd been up 22 hours plus had already worked 12 of those hours. I was going home to grab a 3 hour nap and come back. So here it is 5:50am and I'm sitting in the car outside the gym ready to go in to relieve her when I think back to the way she looked when she walked in. I think to myself WWAD? (What would Adnia do?) I walked in as chipper as I could muster, assured manager that I was ok with only 3 hours of sleep in the last 26 and sent her on her way. I work front desk so I put on my happy face and cheerfully greet everyone that walks in the door. I walked through the gym for the once over and saw my two mexican morning eyecandies (my name for hot guys inthe gym) squatting at the smith rack. Sergio is using 3 plates on each side. Keep in mind this is a general fitness gym. We don't have PLers or BBers here. That's more weight than I've seen anyone lifting in here in a along time. As I walk by, Sergio finished up a set. Once he racks the weights I yell over, Sergio! He looks startled and I give him the thumbs up on his set with a big smile. He grins ear to ear, knowing I mean the thumbs up for his big weights.

    Lots of people would stand here and retell the story of the inconsiderate employee and their own lack of sleep, playing the martyr card, oh woe is me. No one needs to know. No one really cares. They all have their own problems without having to hear mine. All I can do is give them a happy smile, and maybe in some small way contribute to the good start of their day....in a happy gym.


  9. #162
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Some things I've heard and what I say back...

    "That looks/smells awful!"
    "Good thing you don't have to eat it then!"

    "How can you eat that?"
    "are you kidding? This one is my favorite meal of the day!"

    "I could never eat that stuff."
    "Good! Cause I'm not sharing and I'm not cooking for two!"



    Had a little crisis at work in the last in the last 12 hours where an employee quit without notice. We're already shorthanded so we've pulled together to cover shifts, etc. The manager and I are pulling the bulk of the extra hours. So this morning the manager came in to relieve me at 2am I noticed when she walked through the door looking like death warmed over from lack of sleep. Keep in mind I'd been up 22 hours plus had already worked 12 of those hours. I was going home to grab a 3 hour nap and come back. So here it is 5:50am and I'm sitting in the car outside the gym ready to go in to relieve her when I think back to the way she looked when she walked in. I think to myself WWAD? (What would Adnia do?) I walked in as chipper as I could muster, assured manager that I was ok with only 3 hours of sleep in the last 26 and sent her on her way. I work front desk so I put on my happy face and cheerfully greet everyone that walks in the door. I walked through the gym for the once over and saw my two mexican morning eyecandies (my name for hot guys inthe gym) squatting at the smith rack. Sergio is using 3 plates on each side. Keep in mind this is a general fitness gym. We don't have PLers or BBers here. That's more weight than I've seen anyone lifting in here in a along time. As I walk by, Sergio finished up a set. Once he racks the weights I yell over, Sergio! He looks startled and I give him the thumbs up on his set with a big smile. He grins ear to ear, knowing I mean the thumbs up for his big weights.

    Lots of people would stand here and retell the story of the inconsiderate employee and their own lack of sleep, playing the martyr card, oh woe is me. No one needs to know. No one really cares. They all have their own problems without having to hear mine. All I can do is give them a happy smile, and maybe in some small way contribute to the good start of their day....in a happy gym.
    I love those replies! My standard reply is, "You just don't want it as badly as I do!"

    And...girl...that is EXACTLY what Adina would do. Well, since I don't work at the gym, I could get by with..."Sergio, you are smokin' today!"

    That was the right thing to do, because once you let the negative thought escape as a whine, you can't have it back.

    People start to avoid you, because you become the one who whines.

    Our voice is heard either way. Yes, flies are drawn to honey. But I live in Texas and every pile of cow poo I pass is covered with them too. So...you can be the honey or the cow patty...and I am proud of you for being the honey!

    And...people come back for more honey...they don't come back to step in the poop again!

    WAY TO GO!!

  10. #163
    Iron Addict Ondrea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Happyville & sometimes I visit Crazyville
    Posts
    1,758

    Default

    I love Adina's blog!! Just thought u should know! lol

  11. #164

    Default

    Oh I've already told Sergio he's hot. He's got a great build and smokin' arms. I got embarrassed when I told him he's looking hot but I could also tell he ate it up. His friend is hot too but doesn't speak English. I'm gonna have to give him something in sign language. LOL

  12. #165
    Amateur Threat karenfromcali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    shaving my Amazing Legs of Destiny
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    I'm here!!! Having a heck of a week so your stuff is definitely being read by me before I hit the road each morning. Yo have no idea how much it makes a difference. I am so glad you found us over here!!! My "real" family (i.e. my mom) is about to be relegated to non communication status. I don't need her insanity.

  13. #166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karenfromcali View Post
    I'm here!!! Having a heck of a week so your stuff is definitely being read by me before I hit the road each morning. Yo have no idea how much it makes a difference. I am so glad you found us over here!!! My "real" family (i.e. my mom) is about to be relegated to non communication status. I don't need her insanity.
    Sometimes you gotta do that for your own sanity. I've actaully wanted to move back to PA for over ayear now but the thought of living with my Mom until I'm on my feet was too much for me to do. I love her to death but I can't have all the negativity in my life not to mention the crap food, smoking, whining, etc. I now have it planned that I will move directly into my own place...about 16 miles away. That way I can visit when I want and leave when I want. She won't bother visiting often so it's all cool.

  14. #167
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ondrea View Post
    I love Adina's blog!! Just thought u should know! lol
    And I still love your Avi...you sexy beast, you!!! You look SO great!

  15. #168
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Oh I've already told Sergio he's hot. He's got a great build and smokin' arms. I got embarrassed when I told him he's looking hot but I could also tell he ate it up. His friend is hot too but doesn't speak English. I'm gonna have to give him something in sign language. LOL
    I am more proud of you every day!!

    And...girl....you know there are many universal ways to tell someone they are hot!!!

    Licking the side of his face might work?!

    Let me know!

  16. #169
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karenfromcali View Post
    I'm here!!! Having a heck of a week so your stuff is definitely being read by me before I hit the road each morning. Yo have no idea how much it makes a difference. I am so glad you found us over here!!! My "real" family (i.e. my mom) is about to be relegated to non communication status. I don't need her insanity.
    You can never have too many sister friends....so....consider yourself part of my family!!!

    I don't know if you read my gallery thread or not....but I will be 39 on Saturday. I have not seen my dad since I was nine. Bad familes happen to some very fabulous people.

    And we, my dear, are FABULOUS!!!

  17. #170
    Amateur Threat karenfromcali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    shaving my Amazing Legs of Destiny
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    thanks sister!! I have a very full life with lots of great friends all over everywhere so it's not like I'll be lonely. It is just hard to give up the image of what my mom should be and face what she is. Especially when she won't do it herself.

    I have about 10 surrogate moms in my AA family so I'm covered!

Page 10 of 807 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110510 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •