Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 13 of 807 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: FitAdina's Blog Spot

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    You need a daily syndicated column in a newspaper. I wonder if US Today would be interested....

At the very least you need a column in FitnessRx.
    Quote Originally Posted by connstellation View Post
    x2. Good idea Girly Muscle! I think people would be able to gain a lot of inspiration from what you have to say Adina.
    I had intended this thread to just be a copy and paste of my bb.com Blog. Yet every day someone says something that spurs the next idea and I end up writing something about a comment that was made here.

We all draw inspiration from each other...and from our favorite magazine, of course. FitnessRX for Women! WOO HOO!

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    Well, thank you!!!

I love that you're keeping a journal about being gluten intolerant. I think more people have that, but they just don't know it. I bet you have helped people you don't even know!
    I can only hope that! I figured I'd put it out there that I have these intolerances and am therefore not able to eat the same way a normal person in the bodybuilding community does. I wanted to put my thread up so I could track my progress myself instead so that I would realize where I'd been and what I had been able to accomplish.

I expect you've helped inspire people to just get out there and do it. No excuses, no whining, just train, eat right, and enjoy your life.

I can only hope that! I figured I'd put it out there that I have these intolerances and am therefore not able to eat the same way a normal person in the bodybuilding community does. I wanted to put my thread up so I could track my progress myself instead so that I would realize where I'd been and what I had been able to accomplish.

I expect you've helped inspire people to just get out there and do it. No excuses, no whining, just train, eat right, and enjoy your life.
    And I put mine out there because my life is just SOOO much better now. I want someone to see that I'm just a normal, every day person who made some changes....and they can too!

Lightbulb Eat clean. Lift heavy. Leave kind words. And smile.

I was reminded of something yesterday when I read some comments on my thread about inspiring and motivating people.

I saw where Connstellation had left a message for GirlyMuscle about the fact that people were probably inspired by her comments on my thread. (And I think she’s right!)

But that reminds me, I never really do know who’s watching me.

Every time we post, we can post words that build up or tear down…but no matter what we leave, others will come behind us and read our words. And the full impact of the words we leave may never be known to us. And would I leave the same words if I really thought about the fact that people will come behind me months from now and read my words?

But it goes beyond these forums…

When I grimace as I walk in the gym, who saw me? Who caught my sour attitude?

When I have a feeding frenzy at the all you can eat buffet, who saw me? Who thinks this is the way I eat all the time?

But by the same token, who saw me smile as I walked in the gym yesterday? Who had a better day because they caught a contagious smile from me?

Or who saw me give up the chocolate AND coconut pie at work yesterday? Who will find strength to dig a little deeper because they saw me give up something I wanted?

We are all watched at one time or another. There are few times when we’re not watched.

Test it. Just try going to the store without make-up!

But here’s the thing. I act like someone is watching me even when there is no chance of it.

If I want to “sneak” junk food at home, I ask myself if I would do this if someone was watching me.

Before I set foot out of my car to go into my gym, I remind myself that someone is going to see me as I walk in…and they need my attitude to be in check. Each and every day.

After losing so much weight, everything I eat is scrutinized. I was asked one time if this bothers me. And you know? It doesn’t. Not one bit. It just serves to remind me to eat clean.

Where ever you go today, whatever you do, remember: someone is watching. And at the end of the day, what impression do you want to leave them with?

Or when someone wanders into your thread months from now, what words do you want to be there waiting for them?

Eat clean. Lift heavy. Leave kind words. And smile…because you never know who is watching you!

Nice post! I just hope someone saw the look on my face when I was grinding out the last reps of my volume training this AM!

So true. This is also true in our spoken word to others. It probably takes 100 nice comments to offset the harm done by one negative one. Guess mom was right about that one...if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Have you ever been in the grocery store and bougth something for the kids...a half gallon of ice cream, a pack of cookies...and felt extremely embarrassed if anyone sees it there? I do. That's not how I want to represent myself. (Then again I don't want to be the tyrant who doesn't allow cake and ice cream on the kids birthdays!)

So true. This is also true in our spoken word to others. It probably takes 100 nice comments to offset the harm done by one negative one. Guess mom was right about that one...if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Have you ever been in the grocery store and bougth something for the kids...a half gallon of ice cream, a pack of cookies...and felt extremely embarrassed if anyone sees it there? I do. That's not how I want to represent myself. (Then again I don't want to be the tyrant who doesn't allow cake and ice cream on the kids birthdays!)
    I'm embarassed when I go grocery shopping with the husband. My part of the cart is all produce, lean protein, and steel cut oats or gluten free stuff. His....Hot Pockets, Stauffer's frozen meals, candy...etc.

I dont give a flying fawk who is watching me, they can kiss my bootay

Nice post! I just hope someone saw the look on my face when I was grinding out the last reps of my volume training this AM!
    Now that I have been average size so long, people who didn't know me when I weighed 256 think I'm just this size naturally...so I LOVE being caught working out like that. They know I EARNED this size!!

Sure I have felt like that. Because of the whole TV thing, I have had complete strangers walk up and ask me about what I'm eating when I go out or what I put in my buggy.

I remember that Richard Simmons said if he wanted to have a candy bar he sent his housekeeper to get it.

It's just part of being us.

A small price to pay for being FABULOUS!

I'm embarassed when I go grocery shopping with the husband. My part of the cart is all produce, lean protein, and steel cut oats or gluten free stuff. His....Hot Pockets, Stauffer's frozen meals, candy...etc.
    And there is NO way he feels as good as you do!

I figure people look at us and know we don't eat junk.

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm View Post
    I dont give a flying fawk who is watching me, they can kiss my bootay
    But, now, Kathy. Maybe that's WHY they are watching you!

The DO want to kiss your bootay!!

Put down the Hot Pockets and get the Ezekiel Bread.

But, now, Kathy. Maybe that's WHY they are watching you!

The DO want to kiss your bootay!!

Put down the Hot Pockets and get the Ezekiel Bread.

Kathy is too good for Ezekiel bread. She feeds it to her dogs.

p.s. Adina are you a subscriber to FitnessRx for Women?

Quote Originally Posted by LilSho View Post

p.s. Adina are you a subscriber to FitnessRx for Women?
    OHHH!! I did the happy clap when I saw the new picture! YEA! Look at you!!!

We knew Kathy was sick and twisted! Since the dogs eat the people food I wonder...does...she...eat... HMM?!

I get FitnessRX for Women at Books A Million eery month. I should subscribe, huh? I buy it every month! I just have a book store fetish! I'm a dork...when I go and the new one is out, I get all excited!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSho View Post

thats cuz it tastes like CRAP !!!!!!!!!! My pups love it with their chicken and flax and rice too Cuz they are special

I dont eat hot pockets ADINA Unless that is another word for snapper ?

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm View Post
    thats cuz it tastes like CRAP !!!!!!!!!! My pups love it with their chicken and flax and rice too Cuz they are special

I dont eat hot pockets ADINA Unless that is another word for snapper ?
    APPARENTLY the other word for snapper is Kathy....because you are SNAPPING at me and Sho.

We don't deserve that. We are bread sisters. Stop hating!

APPARENTLY the other word for snapper is Kathy....because you are SNAPPING at me and Sho.

We don't deserve that. We are bread sisters. Stop hating!

I have compost in my yard that tastes better then Ezekiel bread

Page 13 of 807 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113513 ... LastLast