Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 14 of 807 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114514 ... LastLast

Thread: FitAdina's Blog Spot

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm View Post
    I have compost in my yard that tastes better then Ezekiel bread
    You eat the compost?!

That totally explains it. Your buds are warped.

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    You eat the compost?!

That totally explains it. Your buds are warped.

that is as green as you can possibly get

Lightbulb Kind Words from Friends

I have a group of people I send an E-mail too whenever I have good news. I’m a big believer in sharing good news. I get lots of messages from people telling me what’s wrong in their life, but never sharing the good.

So the most recent E-mail I sent out was telling my friends about my Blog on FitnessRX. I was excited and I knew they would be excited for me.

But I laughed when I realized two of my classmates had done a reply-all. Funny because Matt lives in Arizona and Chip lives in Houston. Neither of them know pretty much anyone else on my list!

So, one by one my other friends were seeking me out to say, “Who are these guys?”

Matt has been my friend since 8th grade and Chip since 4th grade. And aren’t those the best kind? The ones who’ve known you for years, yet they like you anyway?!?!

But what struck me was how the rest of my list found it so odd that my two life-long friends did a reply-all without knowing the rest of my list.

And you bet there’s a valuable lesson there! Matt and Chip noticed something they thought was good and said something about it.

How many times do you see someone working extra hard at the gym, really giving their all, yet you don’t tell them?

How many times do you see someone and notice a change in their physique, yet your inner compliments go unspoken?

Or what about seeing someone you know is struggling on a diet proudly walk in and eat from their cooler while everyone else is eating pizza?

You never know when your words of encouragement might be the very words that person needs to hear.

In my journey to lose weight. there were times along the way that while smiling on the outside, inside it felt like I was hanging by a thread. And many times over it was the words of encouragement from those around me that joined with that thread and turned it into a rope that I was able to use to climb out of the pit I was in.

When I got stuck at 206 pounds for three solid months, you bet I needed to hear words of encouragement. Those words sustained me when the scale denied me.

And when I wanted to cheat, I would think of the kind things and words of encouragement that had been said to me, and I held steadfast to my goals.

And the really good thing is, the more you say the things you think, the more you start noticing the good around you.

Take the time to not just notice the accomplishments of those around you today, but actually comment on them. I guarantee you’ll have a better day!

And a kind word yields more power than you will ever know.

hey adina. i recently found this thread and must say it is trully amazing. your words and motivation are what many need to start their day or even come back to when they are down or in their "pit." no matter if that person is trying to lose or gain weight we all get frustrated and need to encouragement and support. thank you for helping everyone and congratulations on your weight loss.

Yay Adina! Another good one. I joined Mary Kay about 2 and a half years ago and I noticed whenever I spent time out and about with my director (who is now one of my best friends) that she always took the time to compliment whoever we were interacting with-in a restaurant, at a store-anywhere really. As I spent more time with more MK ladies I noticed a lot of them did that and adopted that trait for myself. I always try to find something positive to say to whoever I am interacting with. It helps them I am sure but it helps me too. It's hard to be crabby when you are grateful!! And being nice to others tend to make me feel grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by edenkat View Post
    hey adina. i recently found this thread and must say it is trully amazing. your words and motivation are what many need to start their day or even come back to when they are down or in their "pit." no matter if that person is trying to lose or gain weight we all get frustrated and need to encouragement and support. thank you for helping everyone and congratulations on your weight loss.
    And I see you are new here! Yea! The more the merrier!!

Thank for what you said. There are so many people I draw motivation from on this site, I figure I need to give back as much as I take out!

Quote Originally Posted by karenfromcali View Post
    Yay Adina! Another good one. I joined Mary Kay about 2 and a half years ago and I noticed whenever I spent time out and about with my director (who is now one of my best friends) that she always took the time to compliment whoever we were interacting with-in a restaurant, at a store-anywhere really. As I spent more time with more MK ladies I noticed a lot of them did that and adopted that trait for myself. I always try to find something positive to say to whoever I am interacting with. It helps them I am sure but it helps me too. It's hard to be crabby when you are grateful!! And being nice to others tend to make me feel grateful.
    You are SOOO right.

I actually make it a point every day to compliment someone...no matter how I feel...and no matter where I am. It forces me to notice the good around me in each and every situation.

And it always seems to bounce back to you anyway. When you say something nice, the recipeint smiles....then you smile. And a smile is like a magnet for good karma!

Lightbulb My Subscription

So last night I stopped by the local bookstore on my way home to buy my monthly copy of FitnessRX for Women. I also picked up a copy of Iron Man, just because our own Eric Broser (bodyfx2) was on the cover. It’s always good to support our fellow MD buddies!

I was rummaging through some bins at the front of the store when I noticed the girl behind the counter. She actually took my breath away. Aside from one other person, she was the thinnest person I had ever seen.

I’m all about finding a healthy body weight, no matter which side you start from, so I was hoping for a chance to speak to her. Not that I am an expert in being underweight. That is something I have never been. I just know about eating clean.

I meandered through the front for some time. I wanted to make sure she was the one who checked me out. I felt compelled to talk to this young girl. I think it was here eyes. They were big as saucers, and they beckoned me.

When I made it to the counter with my purchases, I immediately told her. “I don’t want a bag.”

This would force her to look up, and she did.

But as she went to scan my copy of FitnessRX, she looked down at the cover and proclaimed, “Oh my gosh! I want my abs to look like that.”

I mean really, could there be a better opening? That door swung open so wide a family of four walking abreast could get through it!

Shannon Bex is on the cover, and she does look great. When I was still losing, I would cut out pictures of people like her and tape them to my mirror for motivation.

The girl stood for a minute and thumbed through the magazine, and told me again how she wanted to look the people she was seeing.

So I said, “Honey. You CAN look like that, but you have to fuel it. You have to eat to build. It takes protein to build muscle, but you could definitely do it.”

Then she takes her eyes away from the magazine and looks at me. She doesn’t say anything, so I do. I tell her how much I had lost and how I had been in that very magazine. And how normal people can do extraordinary things if they set their mind to it.

But sometimes we are too quick to judge.

She goes on to tell me that she used to drink Ensure every day, but it was just too expensive.

We go over what would make up a healthy diet to build a body like that.

But then she fills in the gap. “I have a kind of muscle disease. That’s why I look this way. My dad looks just like this. We can’t gain weight. I will never look like that.”

I had failed to notice the signs. She didn’t have the skin, nails, or teeth of a malnourished person. She was just painfully thin.

And as she handed my magazines and change, I left her with, “I think you are fabulous just like you are.”

She teared up a little bit. I’m sure it’s not often she hears kind words. I have seen more unkind words used on those who are too thin that those who are too large.

But I walked away with a valuable lesson or two.

Sometimes things are not as they appear. And sometimes, I need to just be thankful that I can work hard and make change to my body…because some people can’t.

growing up "skinny" I heard about it all the time. I am sure she does too but for her there is the added frustration that she can't really do anything to change it. One of the counselors in high school thought I was anorexic and nothing could have been further from the truth.

Sounds like you made a new friend!

Quote Originally Posted by karenfromcali View Post
    growing up "skinny" I heard about it all the time. I am sure she does too but for her there is the added frustration that she can't really do anything to change it. One of the counselors in high school thought I was anorexic and nothing could have been further from the truth.

Sounds like you made a new friend!
    I'm going to go next week and take her three little things of Ensure: chocolote, vanilla, and strawberry and a copy of FitnessRX.

I didn't know they had printed a letter from me in it till I was home last night. So, I'll write her a little note on that page.

She needs a little encouragement, and I have LOTS of that to give!

Hello Adina!!!! After your post on my thread I found yours and I must simply say....WOW! I think not only a big "good job" for all the weight loss....but you are an inspiration in the way you communicate and relate with others! Keep up the amazing job!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by judoka48 View Post
    Hello Adina!!!! After your post on my thread I found yours and I must simply say....WOW! I think not only a big "good job" for all the weight loss....but you are an inspiration in the way you communicate and relate with others! Keep up the amazing job!!!!
    Girl, thanks! Your message brightened my day for sure!

Default Naked Cardio!

Because I have lost weight, people in my closest circle consider me the go-to-girl for weight loss advice. And…I love it. So I am always happy to oblige.

But, I am also the go-to-girl when people want to justify or offer excuses for what they cannot do.

Random people come up to me on a daily basis at the gym to tell me why they can’t do what I do. The reasons are never good, entertaining sometimes, but rarely justifiable excuses.

My favorite of late was from a coworker. She was asking my advice on how to get some cardio in now that she can’t swim anymore.

Of course, the first question is, “Why can’t you swim anymore?” Thinking she has some injury to tell me about.

But she tells me, “Because my grandkids live with me now.”

Hmmm.

The hook was dangling in front me, and I bit it. “Why does that mean you can’t swim anymore?”

And in a whispered tone she leans in to tell me, “Because I have to swim naked.”

Naked. She has to swim naked. This is her big reason for forgoing the only form of cardio she does.

Since every other form of cardio I know is best done with clothes on, I started running through the list. And one by one she told me why she couldn’t do it.

She had an excuse for every form I mentioned, and she sincerely believed that each and every one was valid.

Bottom line, she doesn’t want it bad enough. Not only is her inner fire not burning, the wick is in a pool of water…with a swimsuit firmly on it. A black one piece. I’m visual, y’all.

You know what will keep me from getting my workout in today?

Death.

My own!

I will give up my lunch hour to get in some of my cardio, and then I will be right back up there after work for lifting.

I have a million things I could do. Errands I could run at lunch. Lord knows we all have things to do after work. But I don’t use my excuses. I have learned the excuses never really do go away. Not ever.

But what does go away is body fat.

Oh, and bad moods. They go away too.

And don’t forget, poor excuses. They all fall to the wayside,

And what you are left with is a fit, healthy body and a mind that knows that excuses are for the others. Those other people. The ones who don’t have the time, the patience, or the inclination to do what we do.

Those last two are great posts! I also just love your signature. I have been told that my diet and training are "extreme" and that I have gone beyond what "normal people" do. If I wanted to be normal, I'd just sit here, not be part of MD at all, not go to the gym, and eat trash all day. If that's "normal" no thank you!

I FINALLY made it here...

I totally relate to the "sharing of good news" Most of the time, I ony get the bad from people/friends aswell it would be great to see the good!

I think that is why I like the Forum so much, people shattering goals and PR's left and right, having a great workout and sharing it with us! Makes me smile!

Awesome journal! Can not wait to read more!

you should be beaten with wet noodles

I hate it when you make sense

Quote Originally Posted by connstellation View Post
    Those last two are great posts! I also just love your signature. I have been told that my diet and training are "extreme" and that I have gone beyond what "normal people" do. If I wanted to be normal, I'd just sit here, not be part of MD at all, not go to the gym, and eat trash all day. If that's "normal" no thank you!
    Notice how nobody says stuff like that when someone FIRST starts exercising or FIRST starts going to the gym. People assume you will quit. It's when you STILL keep at it that it become an issue.

But...we are truly not normal. We are fit, and sadly that is not the norm any more.

Page 14 of 807 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114514 ... LastLast