Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 15 of 807 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: FitAdina's Blog Spot

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Muscle View Post
    I FINALLY made it here...

I totally relate to the "sharing of good news" Most of the time, I ony get the bad from people/friends aswell it would be great to see the good!

I think that is why I like the Forum so much, people shattering goals and PR's left and right, having a great workout and sharing it with us! Makes me smile!

Awesome journal! Can not wait to read more!
    Girl! Thank you very much!

And that's what I like too! Seeing the progress and feeling like you are part of it with them!

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm View Post
    you should be beaten with wet noodles

I hate it when you make sense
    Like when I agree with LilSho that Ezekiel Bread is good eating?!

Lightbulb Make Your List

What I don’t think I’ve told you is that I am a former teacher. I taught 8th grade English. What I’m posting below is from my bb.com Blog in July. Here is Clint’s story…

A few weeks ago I was on my way into town when I had to stop for a wreck they were clearing in the road. I had that sudden, sickening feeling that you get when you know something isn’t right. I somehow knew this wreck would affect me.

I used to teach 8th grade English. I found out a few hours later that one of my former students had died in that wreck. He had graduated from high school in May.

I was also his choir teacher at church when he was a little bitty fellow. I remember four year old Clint coming to my door dressed in black cowboy boots, camouflage shorts that were too short and too tight, a red muscle shirt revealing absolutely no muscle, a plastic spider ring on his index finger, and a brown felt hat. Have it pictured?! Now picture this same little boy STOMPNG that boot down, pointing that spider-clad index finger at me, and proclaiming loudly, “Ms. Adina. I am NOT singing today, and YOU can’t make me.”

Slightly irritating to me at the time, but beyond precious to me now.

The thing is, when they were in my class, I had them write letters to themselves in the future. I was to send them out the week he died. The letters were my way of reminding them they had goals. I wanted them to see if they stayed on track. Jumped the track. Maybe never even reached the station. And of course, I was hoping some of them found something in themselves along the way that they didn’t even know they had. I told them to write freely, as I would never read them.

I did add one side note to the promise of not reading the letters. I told them that in the event one of them were to die, I would read it before I hand-delivered it to their parents to make sure it would be OK to give to them.

What you must know is this: by the time Clint reached me in 8th grade, that boot-stomping little boy was stellar. He was always polite, and he always did whatever I asked of him. He was even working toward his Eagle Scout.

When I opened his letter, I was a little surprised at the length. You see, they were supposed to congratulate themselves on what they did and remind themselves of what to look forward to. So it should have had SOME length. But just like his life, the letter was short.

As I read Clint’s letter, what immediately struck me was the fact that while it was short and to the point, he had achieved every single goal. He had attained everything he set out to do in this world. The two things most important to him were becoming an Eagle Scout and being accepted to the college of his choice. Both had been achieved.

But that only serves to remind me….have I set goals for myself? And am I striving to reach them? Will I go out of this world like Clint? Knowing I had achieved all I set out to do? Or will I be like my students who blew off the assignment only to learn the value of even one missed assignment 5 years later when all their other classmates were opening their letter? And they had missed that one assignment. Way back in 8th grade, yet it still came back to haunt them.

Today is a good day to set some goals and work toward achieving them, because this is your only life…and you never really do know when you have to leave your list behind.

And if getting healthy and fit is a goal of yours, whether that be by building muscle, losing fat, or both….then let’s get working on achieving it.

Thanks for wrecking my eye makeup this morning, Adina. I just put it on and now I have to fix it already!

Yep. Thanks so much for sharing that.

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    If I want to “sneak” junk food at home, I ask myself if I would do this if someone was watching me.

Eat clean. Lift heavy. Leave kind words. And smile…because you never know who is watching you!
    THANKS ADINA!!

i appreciated all that you wrote. it was hard to pick just one or two things that stood out to me, but i did.

and along the same lines, i practice: ACT AS IF or FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT...........and the rest will come later. (in hopes this is leaving a positive example to "those watching")

LEAD BY EXAMPLE is another that comes to mind. especially when teaching children....i have found myself saying "do as i say, not as i do"....

say, do you go by FITADINA over on bb.com??
    I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Thanks for wrecking my eye makeup this morning, Adina. I just put it on and now I have to fix it already!
    He's a good reminder though...and worth a few tears!

Quote Originally Posted by karenfromcali View Post
    Yep. Thanks so much for sharing that.
    Thanks for reading it...because it shows he's not forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
    THANKS ADINA!!

i appreciated all that you wrote. it was hard to pick just one or two things that stood out to me, but i did.

and along the same lines, i practice: ACT AS IF or FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT...........and the rest will come later. (in hopes this is leaving a positive example to "those watching")

LEAD BY EXAMPLE is another that comes to mind. especially when teaching children....i have found myself saying "do as i say, not as i do"....

say, do you go by FITADINA over on bb.com??
    Actually, it's just "Adina" over there.

I love the fake it till you make it comment...that may turn into a future Blog!!! WOO HOO!!!

I love this site...I keep trying to give more than I take...but it never works out that way. I get something from here every single day!

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    Actually, it's just "Adina" over there.

I love the fake it till you make it comment...that may turn into a future Blog!!! WOO HOO!!!

I love this site...I keep trying to give more than I take...but it never works out that way. I get something from here every single day!

Well your contributions are phenominal. Your insight that you put into your writing is very eloquent and inspiring!
    The biggest temptation is to settle for too little. ~Thomas Merton~

Quote Originally Posted by Zanelike View Post
    Well your contributions are phenominal. Your insight that you put into your writing is very eloquent and inspiring!
    Well thank you! You know I like it when you stop by!

Default My List

I was thinking about what I told y’all yesterday about my former student, Clint. About how he had made a list, and accomplished everything on that list.

Sometimes we are afraid of the list we make in our minds.

I asked a coworker about his diet yesterday. He needs to lose about 150 pounds. He struggles. I can usually tell when he’s on plan and doing well, because he stops by my cubby to tell me how things are going. He likes to tell me what he ate or what temptations he avoided.

The last few months he has been off plan. But I noticed this week that he has been silent. Very much unlike him. So I stopped him as he walked by and asked him how he was doing. He blushed and said he had started back up again, but didn’t want to say anything.

I told him how embarrassed I would get every time I started a diet, because I just knew people were thinking, “Again?”

He said, “That’s exactly how I feel. Like if I tell you, you’re going to roll your eyes and think ‘there he goes again.’”

But you know what I told him?

“I started a diet more times than I could even begin to count. That last time, the time it worked, was no different. I was embarrassed for anyone to know.”

But here’s what was different. I rose above the embarrassment. I ceased to care if people thought I would fail. Because how could I expect them to believe in me, if I did not believe in myself?

Every time I walked in with that cooler, and a coworker rolled her eyes, I was believing in myself.

When I exercised on days I didn’t feel like it, I was believing in myself.

Every time I avoided temptations or pushed past a plateau, I was believing in myself. In my ability to mark “lose weight” off of my list for good.

Whatever you have on your list, it matters not if anyone else believes in you.

It only matters that you make a list, and boldly go after it.

And don’t be afraid to share what is on your list. Anyone worthy of being in your life will support you and your list!

So I’ll tell you ….the next thing on my list is to finish the book I am writing and get it published. I’m not afraid to tell you that!

What’s on your list? Tell me, because I believe in you!

Lightbulb Starting Over

I was writing my Blog for FitnessRX yesterday when a funny thing happened. I got up to get a cup of coffee, and when I came back my document was gone!

Vanished!

POOF!

I had several things open, and I am sure I just closed the wrong one. And of course, I had not saved it yet.

It was gone-gone!

And I spent the next 32 minutes searching for that thing! I had written at least half a page, and I’m sure it was my BEST writing ever.

But writing comes easy to me. And I spent more time looking for that Blog than I did writing that Blog! I finally had to fuss at myself!

“Adina. Stop spinning your wheels and just start over!”

Sometimes I have to that with diet and exercise too. I have to just start over.

We all have those weeks when extreme busyness sets in. I remember the days leading up to being on the Today Show. I had to write, and then I had to write, and then I had to write some more. And of course, I had to pack, and do the things you do before you travel.

And when I got back, I realized I was four lifting days behind. And what I wanted to do was cram four days into one. But we all know that’s not good.

Lifting is not an all or nothing deal. When I get behind, I don’t have to cram things in. I can just pick up where I left off.

Or what about when you have several days in a row of bad eating? How many times do you want to eat nothing the next day or so some massive amount of calorie burning to make up for it? When all you really need to do is start over.

Starting over is available every hour of every day. And when you mess up, that’s all you have to do.

Start over. Right where you are!

I got that Blog written, because I stopped spinning my wheels and started over.

We can’t go back and fix everything, but we can always start over.

Excellent writing as usual! I have to always stop by your page for a daily dose of encouragement even though I may not always comment!

You are an extremely talented writer, and I'm glad you're here!

Quote Originally Posted by connstellation View Post
    Excellent writing as usual! I have to always stop by your page for a daily dose of encouragement even though I may not always comment!

I have to say I fully agree! Your zeal for everything in life (as you come across) is very inspiring. You've made my terrible week a little bit better
    The biggest temptation is to settle for too little. ~Thomas Merton~

Quote Originally Posted by connstellation View Post

I'm glad you're here too!!

In my mind, each the four places I post every day have a different function...and this one is for encouragement! My gallery thread if for uplifting and fable like writing. My bb.com one is for getting booties off the couch and in gear. And my FitnessRX one is strictly weight loss!

I know...I'm a dork!

Quote Originally Posted by Zanelike View Post
    I have to say I fully agree! Your zeal for everything in life (as you come across) is very inspiring. You've made my terrible week a little bit better
    The cogs in my brain stopped turning, because I heard the T word.

Why the terrible week? Why?

Let me help you find the good in it! That's what my people do!

Page 15 of 807 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115515 ... LastLast