Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 17 of 807 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117517 ... LastLast

Thread: FitAdina's Blog Spot

Lightbulb Believe in Yourself

Jonah started soccer practice yesterday. I love it when the boys go through their seasons. There is no better way to get cardio in!

The second he hit the field, I took off running!

I ran past people eating.

I ran past obese people just sitting. Waiting. Doing nothing.

I ran past people saying, “I should get out there too.”

And I ran past one man who said, “I get hot just looking at you. How do you do that?”

But here’s the thing y’all…and…you knew the thing was coming. There’s always a thing!

He was sitting on the hood of his car next to his daughter. Both were overweight. Both were just sitting there, watching me jog.

Had to be like watching marathon coverage on ESPN.

“Oh look, she’s running.”

“Look, daddy, she’s still running.”

So when the man says that to me, I reply with, “You’re already hot just being outside. You might as well do something worthy of a sweat.”

I say this over my shoulder, of course. I wasn’t there to chit chat. I was getting my cardio out of the way!

And the next lap, he hollers out, “How far you going?”

And over my shoulder I say, “Four miles.”

“Oh. I don’t see how you can do that!”

And I tell him, “I do it, because I want it THAT bad.”

And I do, y’all. I really do.

But here’s what I was thinking last night…

It’s been about four years since the first time I laced up a pair of Nikes and took off running across that soccer field. And I guarantee you no one thought a 256 pound woman would last.

And they were right…that 256 pounds became 246.

236….226…and she broke 200…and she just kept running past the people who did not believe it could be done.

And it matters not who believes in you, just as long as you believe in yourself.

I did…and that’s why I’m here.

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    HMM...I didn't even know I had appeal
    Alright I'm gonna have to call you on that one! You know you have all kinds of appeal and tonnes to spare! Your attitude draws people...and that new body yours doesn't hurt any either . You don't need to be so modest with us here, get a little more swagger in that step of yours!
    The biggest temptation is to settle for too little. ~Thomas Merton~

Quote Originally Posted by Zanelike View Post
    Alright I'm gonna have to call you on that one! You know you have all kinds of appeal and tonnes to spare! Your attitude draws people...and that new body yours doesn't hurt any either . You don't need to be so modest with us here, get a little more swagger in that step of yours!
    Consider that call received!!! And you totally made my day!!!

WOO HOO!!!

Well it's nice to return the favour that you've done for a lot already. I'm off for the next couple weeks so I'll miss reading your inspiring posts but it'll give me something to read when I get back. Off for a little vacation. Going out into woods for a little camping, hunting, fishing and best of all relaxation!!! Well after today anyway. Here I am up before 4 just so I can catch a ferry to get to a meeting on time. I already feel like this I have only been up for 45 minutes! Gonna be long day. Light at the end of tunnel though...or maybe that is just the dawn . Have a great day!
    The biggest temptation is to settle for too little. ~Thomas Merton~

Quote Originally Posted by Zanelike View Post
    Well it's nice to return the favour that you've done for a lot already. I'm off for the next couple weeks so I'll miss reading your inspiring posts but it'll give me something to read when I get back. Off for a little vacation. Going out into woods for a little camping, hunting, fishing and best of all relaxation!!! Well after today anyway. Here I am up before 4 just so I can catch a ferry to get to a meeting on time. I already feel like this I have only been up for 45 minutes! Gonna be long day. Light at the end of tunnel though...or maybe that is just the dawn . Have a great day!
    OHH!! Vacation! FUN!!!

I will need a report when you get back? kThanks!

I live in Deliverance, so wood-like vacations...not so good!

I will miss your posts in my thread, but I'll excuse you this once!

Default What I Deserve Is...

There was cake in the break room at work yesterday. Know why I didn’t have any? There was cake the day before. And pie the day before that. Two pies last Friday.

In fact, I can’t recall a day there wasn’t something in the break room.

Too many times we feel deprived when we can’t have what others are having. Yet others are looking at us thinking, “What are they doing that I’m not? Why are they so fit? Why do they look the way I want to look?”

Well, I can tell you!

I’m not having cake in the break room!

But I have learned to look at deprivation in a different light.

I am not deprived if I can’t have cookies, cake, or pie.

I was deprived when I couldn’t cross my legs, sit in a booth comfortably, or had to worry about how many airline tickets to buy…for just me.

I was deprived when I didn’t know they joy of a good workout. I was missing out.

I was deprived when I had no visible muscles. Robbing myself of the joy of not cringing at my own reflection in the mirror.

And I was deprived when I sat at home eating while life passed me by. Not knowing the joys that were in store for me.

I spent years eating anything I wanted thinking I deserved to eat what I wanted because life was short.

I had it upside down, y’all! Totally upside down.

I deserved to be happy. I deserved to be thin. I deserved to be comfortable in my own skin. I just didn’t know it.

So I had to let go of some thing: cake in the break room. And that’s OK. GirlyMuscle didn’t have any birthday cake. And we all know Ondrea isn’t having cake these days. They don’t deserve cake…they deserve the awesome, fit bodies that come with choosing not to eat cake…even on a birthday! (Wow, Girly! Wow!!)

And I had to learn that missing out did not mean I was depriving myself. It meant I was out there finding what I deserved.

And I don’t miss any of the things I gave up to find what I deserved to have.

And there will be cake in the break room today, but I won’t have any…because I deserve to be happy…and that cake is in my way.

Or as Zanelike said it yesterday…I deserve to have a little more swagger in my step!!!

Beach Body

Hello gorgeous, how are you today?

I am just stopping by for my daily dose of motivation.

You are just the shizzle, LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I agreeeee with Tony CRAZYYYYY motivtion. I stopped in at the RIGHT time

I work at a tanning salon and today one of our regualrs brought in a BAG STUFFED full of halloween candies,twizzlers,M&M's, Butterfingers,starburst, COOKIES w/ ICING..ughhh.. So as soon as I put her in her bed I RAN the bag to the backroom and shut the door! lol

Then I hop on here, read your post and looked at the situation in a new light

I went and opened the door, smiled at the bag... and thought... "I'm not missing a thing not being able to eat that candy, THEY are missing out what it feels like to be one step closer to the body I desire to have"

You rock girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Muscle View Post

I work at a tanning salon and today one of our regualrs brought in a BAG STUFFED full of halloween candies,twizzlers,M&M's, Butterfingers,starburst, COOKIES w/ ICING..ughhh.. So as soon as I put her in her bed I RAN the bag to the backroom and shut the door! lol

I went and opened the door, smiled at the bag... and thought... "I'm not missing a thing not being able to eat that candy, THEY are missing out what it feels like to be one step closer to the body I desire to have"

You rock girl!!
    LOL i was just telling my daughter these are hard times going to the grocery store when they have "halloween" candy available for 2 months before halloween even comes!!!

i tried a 75% cocoa bar with 100 cals per bar & minimal sugar. i LOVED it. i had one of my favorite candy bars the other day and it was AWEFUL!! i realized i really like & want the chocolate (cocoa) and NOT ALL THE SUGAR!!!
    I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fitiron View Post
    Hello gorgeous, how are you today?

I am just stopping by for my daily dose of motivation.

You are just the shizzle, LOL!!!!!!!!!!
    Well....I have never been called THAT!!!!

Thank you! I'm honored that you come here for motivation. You keep coming, and I'll keep writing!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Muscle View Post

You rock girl!!
    And your comment helped me today! Someone brought a cookie to my desk. My VERY favorite kind. A thin sugar cookie with the right kind of icing.

And I had JUST read your comment, and I thought there is NO WAY I'm having that when Miss Muscle just used MY words to turn down CANDY!

So...it's all good! We motivate each other on this site! WOO HOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
    LOL i was just telling my daughter these are hard times going to the grocery store when they have "halloween" candy available for 2 months before halloween even comes!!!

i tried a 75% cocoa bar with 100 cals per bar & minimal sugar. i LOVED it. i had one of my favorite candy bars the other day and it was AWEFUL!! i realized i really like & want the chocolate (cocoa) and NOT ALL THE SUGAR!!!
    That's an awesome thing to realize. And you know...if you like coffee...you can put just a little cocoa powder in it with some splenda....good stuff.

And about that candy...take a look at the people buying it. It is never the people who look the way we want to look! They already have too much candy in their bag!

And your comment helped me today!

WOO HOO!!! I FEEL THE LOVE............

WOO HOO!!! I FEEL THE LOVE............
    I love this site!!!!

I love this site!!!!
    great AVI.......

IT feels like LOVE IS CONTAGIOUS & it feels better to give LOVE rather than spread hate.

all the LOVE makes me think of the movie PAY IT FORWARD.
    Last edited by bndniron4evrgal; October 2nd, 2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: LOVE

And your comment helped me today! Someone brought a cookie to my desk. My VERY favorite kind. A thin sugar cookie with the right kind of icing.

And I had JUST read your comment, and I thought there is NO WAY I'm having that when Miss Muscle just used MY words to turn down CANDY!

Thats right we have to stick together!!!

great AVI.......

IT feels like LOVE IS CONTAGIOUS & it feels better to give LOVE rather than spread hate.

all the LOVE makes me think of the movie PAY IT FORWARD.
    That is absolutely one of my favorite movies! I use the phrase PAY IT FORWARD all the time!!!

Page 17 of 807 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117517 ... LastLast