Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 18 of 807 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118518 ... LastLast

Thread: FitAdina's Blog Spot

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Muscle View Post
    Thats right we have to stick together!!!
    AND...we got keep the bad stuff from sticking to our thighs!!

Lightbulb Everything's Better in a Pile!

How much love did you feel in this thread yesterday? I know I felt it!!

There are a few phrases I get made fun of for using all the time, and since we love each other I thought I’d share them with you!!!

This will show you the true depth of my perkiness!!!

If I’m really enjoying myself, I will say, “Ohhhh! I love this day!”

If I’m not having the best day at work, I’ll look at my coworker and say, “I hate your job!”

Or if I’m out with a group of my friends and we’re laughing and carrying on, I’ll say, “Everything’s better in a pile!”

And it is y’all!

And here is the good thing: to be part of the pile, all you have to do is walk over to it!

All you have to do is post in this thread.

Or walk in the gym with your head up, looking people in the eyes.

Say something nice to someone.

Or just choose to make yourself part of a pile! I did that yesterday. I read Miss Muscle’s reply to me. And that helped me bypass the cookie. Then later in the day, when confronted again, I thought about Girly Muscle not even having birthday cake. And Ondrea not even having carbs at all!

And by the end of the day, not cheating became a game for me as I thought of my MD Buddies!

Even if no one around you is doing what you’re doing, you don’t have to look very far to find a support group. Or as I like to put it, a pile!

And…everything really is better in a pile! Because when it all comes down to it, we’re all in this together!

stopping by before I head out to Vegas....where a cookie will be the least of my temptations! Have a spectacular weekend everybody!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    AND...we got keep the bad stuff from sticking to our thighs!!
    Haha FOR SURE!
    *~When in doubt....SMILE~*

Middle of nowhere, center of everywhere. SK, Canada

FA,

your new avi is SLAMMIN.

OWW! (and whistles & cat-calls and such...)

Lookin hawt,
    Anvie

Quote Originally Posted by karenfromcali View Post
    stopping by before I head out to Vegas....where a cookie will be the least of my temptations! Have a spectacular weekend everybody!!!
    Miss Thing...I better see a report of this in your thread when you get back!

Quote Originally Posted by HumanAnvil View Post
    FA,

your new avi is SLAMMIN.

OWW! (and whistles & cat-calls and such...)

Lookin hawt,
    Anvie
    WOO HOO!!!

You made my day! And...of course, I was already having a FABULOUS day!

Now, it's EXTRA GOOD!

Lightbulb I Do it for Myself

A gym buddy of mine was asking me about my training the other day. I was telling him that I was working extra hard, because I had some projects I was working on. He interrupts me to say, “Man, that would get old. Dieting for someone else.”

But that’s not how I view it.

I diet for me. I diet, lift, and train because I want to be the best me I can .

The hardest I have ever dieted was for The Today Show. I only had three weeks notice. The second I got off the phone with the producer, I called my hot friend Kevin to get diet guidance. As an added bonus, my twenty year reunion was two weeks after this.

My appearance on the show lasted all of seven minutes!

Two weeks later, the reunion had come and gone.

The grueling part of my diet was over, because those events were over.

And here’s why I say it’s for me…

I woke up the day after it was all over, and I was in the best shape of my life. And it hit me, I had not done the work for them. I did it for me. Because I wanted to find my all time best. I wanted to find my mark. The mark I shoot for when I am going for all that I am capable of being.

How many people go through life never knowing this? WE know it.

Twenty years from now, I want to pull out that DVD and those reunion pictures and show my grandkids that I had it going on!!!

Everyone has pictures of parties and family gatherings.

WE have pictures of….flexed biceps, tiny posing suits, magazine layouts, strong men competitions, chest presses and dead lifts, competition tan, and pictures with our favorite IFBB men!! WOO HOO!!! Go Victor!

And my ultimate? A set of before and after pictures that will forever remind me what it’s like to have a goal in sight and make it there.

Sure we diet for competitions and reunions, magazines and TV…

But as for me, at the end of the day, I do it for myself. Because I choose to, and because I am worth it.

And one day in the future my grandkids will giggle and say, “Grandma was hot!”

Beach Body

Very, Very well said, ^^^^^^^^^^^!!

The reason you, myself and others succeed at this, is because we do it for OURSELVES....IMO this is one of your best post yet.

Those who fail..........Are usually doing it for someone else, or the wrong reason. When done this way, they will lack the determination, motivation and the discipline that this requires.

Thanks for writing. I may not always post, but I am always reading!!!!!

I just got off the phone with my trainer... my show is 2 weeks away... And I was admitting that I am scared to death that I will be TOTALLY lost when my "pre-contest" diet/workouts are no longer a part of my EVERY thoughtand action.

He tell's me it will be okay... we will set new goals.

Then.... I stop in here, read your post and realize..... pshhh I do not need a pre-contest diet to keep me focused, I do this for ME! Not for the show.. I like how I look and feel when I leave the gym dripping with sweat.

Yes.. winning the show is the ultimate goal but in the long run knowing I am pushing myself to be the best I can be in the gym is what really counts becsue that is what is important to me!

You are ALWAYS RIGHT on with your post.. LOVE IT!
    *~When in doubt....SMILE~*

Hey girl! Love the blog today! What your grandkids will be saying in the future needs some editing though. It'll be "Grandma IS hot! She was then and she is now!"

Quote Originally Posted by fitiron View Post
    Very, Very well said, ^^^^^^^^^^^!!

The reason you, myself and others succeed at this, is because we do it for OURSELVES....IMO this is one of your best post yet.

Those who fail..........Are usually doing it for someone else, or the wrong reason. When done this way, they will lack the determination, motivation and the discipline that this requires.

Thanks for writing. I may not always post, but I am always reading!!!!!
    Every time I failed at losing weight, it was because I was doing it for someone else!

And...I know you're here!!! And I love it when you pop in and leave me a message!

I think my BEST post is in the October 500 word contest thread...I wrote an MD Night Before Christmas! That's the kind of writing i like best! But thanks for what you said about this one...it made me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Muscle View Post
    I just got off the phone with my trainer... my show is 2 weeks away... And I was admitting that I am scared to death that I will be TOTALLY lost when my "pre-contest" diet/workouts are no longer a part of my EVERY thoughtand action.

He tell's me it will be okay... we will set new goals.

Then.... I stop in here, read your post and realize..... pshhh I do not need a pre-contest diet to keep me focused, I do this for ME! Not for the show.. I like how I look and feel when I leave the gym dripping with sweat.

Yes.. winning the show is the ultimate goal but in the long run knowing I am pushing myself to be the best I can be in the gym is what really counts becsue that is what is important to me!

You are ALWAYS RIGHT on with your post.. LOVE IT!
    I love how we match up all the time!

For me...it was that show. And when the show was over, and I stepped outside the studio...I still got to reap the rewards of what I had worked so hard for!

And really, it was MORE enjoyable when it was over, because the pressure was gone!

It's great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by connstellation View Post
    Hey girl! Love the blog today! What your grandkids will be saying in the future needs some editing though. It'll be "Grandma IS hot! She was then and she is now!"
    GIRL!!! You made me laugh, dance in my seat, AND do the happy clap all at once!!!!

Default There is Progress to be Made

So along the lines of what we were talking about yesterday, and the comment I made to Miss Muscle…

When I appeared on The Today Show I was a little worried that it would derail my diet. That seemed to be the pinnacle for me. The endpoint. I was a little worried I would go back to my old ways when it was over.

When I was on the phone with the producer from NBC for the first time, I was E-mailing my hot friend Kevin at the same time. I was trying to sound all fancy and tell him I would get back with him later, because I was on the phone with “my people”…he’s one of my friends I can say things like this too.

But the second I got off that phone, I called Kevin IMMEDIATELY. He figured out my diet for the next three weeks right there over the phone.

But while we were talking, I was thinking, when all this is over, I’m going to be let down. Again…I was thinking this was an endpoint. THE endpoint.

But the day of the show came…and it went.

And I waited for the sinking feeling. Only…it never came.

Because there I was…on the streets of New York. A professional had done my hair and make-up. I was leaner than I ever had been.

And…I’m going to have a sinking feeling???

I JUST DON’T THINK SO!!!!

I was going to enjoy my hard work. I was going to walk down the sidewalk like I OWNED that city. I worked hard for that moment. Only it wasn’t a moment. It was a day…that turned into a week…that never stopped…and led me to here. Right here. Right now.

And best I can tell…it wasn’t an endpoint…because I’m still going!

When these contests, shows, photo shoots, and competitions we work so hard for are over…it’s really just the beginning.

It simply means you get to grab some carbs on your way out the door to your next fabulous occasion! And we all know, just a few short weeks later, we’ll be ready to do it all again.

About a month after the show, Kevin E-mailed me my next diet. I didn’t ask him to. He just knew it was time for me to get at it again.

Because who wants to stay where they are when there is progress to be made?

Progress tastes better than peanut butter y’all…and by reading the threads…I know you all like that! WOO HOO!!!

Default The Little Things

I ate lunch with a friend of mine yesterday. She actually wanted to spend some time with me and talk about weight loss. She needs to lose about 150 pounds.

So when we went to the restaurant, I wasn’t surprised when she ordered what I did, which was Tilapia. She wanted to mimic me. To see what I did.

We were at a restaurant that served baskets of bread. They brought one to the table, and she quickly grabbed a roll. Then she grabbed another.

I had none. It was not a cheat day.

The salad had croutons. I pushed them aside. She ate them.

The food arrived, and the squash I had ordered was not fresh squash. It was a casserole. It obviously had bread crumbs, and was strangely sweet. I pushed it aside, and she ate it.

And she thinks we ate the same lunch.

She doesn’t understand that it’s the little things you do over time that add up…or take away.

It’s things like...

…pushing away the bread…

…ignoring baskets of chips..

…using the 20 minutes you’re waiting to pick up your kids to walk the soccer field instead of just sit there…

…getting up early to do cardio…

I spent a lot of time thinking that skinny people (that’s what a fat girl calls healthy people) had more time than me, they ate the same things as me, but they were blessed with something I just didn’t possess. I just knew everyone in the free western world had a better metabolism than me.

My friend will have to make the connection. She will have to see with her eyes and connect that we didn’t eat the same thing at lunch. We ALMOST did.

But when I looked across the table and saw my friend’s sad face as we talked about how to get her diet in check, I looked at those rolls in a different light.

When you break it down to its simplest form…that basket is the difference between where my friend wants to be and where she is. All she has to do is push the bread away.

Bravo! Well written as usual! It's the littlest things that make the difference.

Page 18 of 807 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118518 ... LastLast