Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 19 of 807 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119519 ... LastLast

Thread: FitAdina's Blog Spot

Quote Originally Posted by connstellation View Post
    Bravo! Well written as usual! It's the littlest things that make the difference.
    I am LOVING that Avi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    I am LOVING that Avi!!!
    Thank you! That's the Las Vegas Women's Tri-Fitness Competition in July of this year, and I bought the suit from a friend. My friend Amy did my hair and make-up and I owe looking good to her!

Quote Originally Posted by connstellation View Post
    Thank you! That's the Las Vegas Women's Tri-Fitness Competition in July of this year, and I bought the suit from a friend. My friend Amy did my hair and make-up and I owe looking good to her!

Pish, posh.

I mean YOU look good!

Suit - from a friend. Hair by a friend.

Body by YOU girlfriend...and that's what looks good. WOO HOO!!!

I want to E-mail "The little things" to my friend so bad but I am scared it will hurt her feelings... that is EXACTLY where she is! if she would just change the little things!!!
    *~When in doubt....SMILE~*

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Muscle View Post
    I want to E-mail "The little things" to my friend so bad but I am scared it will hurt her feelings... that is EXACTLY where she is! if she would just change the little things!!!
    I get EXCITED when I think I might get to talk to someone new about weight loss!

Hereís what I tell peopleÖ.

Send it as a group E-mail to more than one, so she wonít think itís just to her.

OR

Tell her you have a friend who was on The Today Show and send the linkÖIím telling you, that has gotten my foot in more doors to talk to people about weight loss.

OR

Wait for her to mention weight loss even one timeÖand attack her with my E-mail. FitAdina@aol.com. Tell her to put your screen name in the subject, because I get more in a day than I can answer, but I answer from my MD family first!!! And of courseÖIíll get her to my FitnessRX BlogÖthat is strictly weight loss.

But get her! Send her to me! I want her!

Lightbulb Peanut Butter

Iíve seen a lot of talk about peanut butter lately. So, I thought Iíd weigh in on the subject.

There is a lot to be learned from a jar of peanut butter. I wouldnít go so far as to say everything I needed to know I learned from peanut butter, but I did learn a few good things!

Itís a trigger food for me. Sure the kind I eat is wholesome. I buy the no sugar added variety. But it makes me want other things I should not have. So, even on days I could have it, I avoid it.

It can be healthy, if you allow it. It amazes me the people who will eat huge gobs of the sugar variety on white bread and think they have a health food in their hands. Therein lies the problem for so many. They allow themselves to think something is healthier than it in fact is.

I measure my peanut butter. Yes. I really get out the measuring spoons and measure it. I avoid portion distortion. I donít lie to myself and pretend that what Iím eating is a normal size portion.

And I eat a variety of butters. Cashew. Almond. Peanut. I donít keep just one.

So when people approach me about my diet, I tell them to go about it like I do peanut butter.

Avoid trigger foods.

Eat healthy voids.

Measure your portion sizes until you get it down.

Eat a variety of healthy foods.

Thatís all there is to it.

And I learned all of that from a little jar of peanut butter.

And yes, I know you want some peanut butter right now. But thatís OK, because so do I. So do I!!!!

Lightbulb Horizontal Stripes

You know why I live this lifestyle?

Because I can wear horizontal stripes.

I laughed when I caught my reflection at work yesterday morning. I was wearing a form-fitting, horizontal-striped turtle neck. And it was TUCKED!

Talk about the enemy of all obese women!!!

Obese women donít tuck.

Donít wear form fitting.

And NEVER wear horizontal stripes!

Because I know when I was fat, those vertical stripes and black pants made my 256 pounds look at least 10 pounds slimmer. At least, yíall. At least! Maybe even 15 pounds!

I remember going to parties and getting all fixed up, only to catch a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror.

And it would stop me dead in my tracks every time. Because at home, I would stand and pose in the mirror. I would find just the right angle. The angle where I looked as slim as I possibly could. And I would hope and pray that I was only seen at that angle.

Then I would catch that reflection laterÖor worse yet, see pictures.

And I would know that you donít walk through life with everyone peering at you through right angles.

So when I passed that mirror at work and caught my reflection, I laughed.

Itís been a long time now since I had to worry about my refection.

And I donít have to worry if the clothes I wear make me look slim, because I AM slim.

And the hard work was worth it, just so I could catch a glimpse of my refection and sayÖgood job, girl. Good job.

So if you can look at your refection today and be proudÖtell yourself, Good job! And it never hurts to remind yourself that itís worth it.

A joy as always!

Ha! Body by me...you're right! It's my own willingness to bust my own butt that got me this body, just like you, and everyone else on these boards! Another interesting fact about my avi is that it was two weeks prior to receiving my diagnosis.

Wonderful blogs as always!

Lightbulb My Water Glass

Good morning, People!

So hereís what I was thinking about todayÖ

I usually walk into my gym for my evening lifting session carrying a gallon jug of water.

And yes, while at the gym, I will drink right out of the jug. And there are quite a few people at my gym who do the same thing.

So I had a rather reserved man come up to me last week, point to my jug, and ask, ďWhy do you do that?Ē

And I said, ďDo what?

He said, ďDrink out of that. Why donít you pour it in a cup?Ē

ďI drink a gallon a day. I like to gauge my progress, and this is how I do it.Ē

This was the only answer he needed. Heís not into the lifestyle aspect of the gym. I knew he would have no concept of the fact that I drink a gallon a day.

And I know he wanted to know about the container too, but he needed to digest the amount of water I consumed before he grasped the container! Heíll ask that later, I have no doubt.

But hereís what he doesnít know. When I get home, I drink my water from a champagne glass.

Sometimes, we make this lifestyle a little more gruff than it has to be.

Iím hardcore. Iíve eaten cold chicken and rice from gladware containers during breaks from business meetings.

Iíve eaten cold, boiled egg whites driving down the road.

I do what I have to do now, and I did what I had to do to make it to goal.

But I forget that sometimes, I donít have to rush. I donít have to eat cold food. And I donít have to eat standing up.

Itís OK if I come home and realize I have time to cook hot, fresh chicken instead of eat from the already cooked supply in my fridge.

Itís OK if I take my meals out of the Ziploc baggies and plate it.

I donít have to eat standing up or on the run either.

I may be eating different stuff from everyone else, but I can eat it and enjoy it just the same.

And thatís why that water gets poured glass by glass into a champagne flute when I get home.

Itís hard to end your day on a bad note when youíre drinking out of one of those! You wonít guzzle it or rush it. You will be reminded to sit and enjoy it.

If you packed a cooler today, Iím proud of you.

ButÖdonít eat from it! Take it out and let how you use whatís inside add to the goodness of your day.

Put that chicken on a china plate, because what itís going into is worth it!

thanks Adina!
    just stopping by for my "dose" of your medication.

i have done ALL the things you are stating with such care & conviction in the past.............don't know what happened, but i am trying to get it back.

one proud thing i can say is that i have not "relapsed" into smoking! that i am incredibly proud of..........now if i could just get back to my old "steady training" person.
    I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Great point this morning. I have a girlfriend who eats her oatmeal right out of the pot she cooked it in. She says, Why make another pot dirty? I tell her because you wouldn't make your guest eat out of the pot...don't you think you deserve the same treatment? You're WORTH sitting down to hot oatmeal IN A BOWL at a table.

Amateur Threat

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Great point this morning. I have a girlfriend who eats her oatmeal right out of the pot she cooked it in. She says, Why make another pot dirty? I tell her because you wouldn't make your guest eat out of the pot...don't you think you deserve the same treatment? You're WORTH sitting down to hot oatmeal IN A BOWL at a table.
    Says the lady who, like me, will drink the protein shake straight from the blender without pouring it into a shaker or cup

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    Says the lady who, like me, will drink the protein shake straight from the blender without pouring it into a shaker or cup
    Hush!

True if all the big cups are dirty.

I used to have big fancy goblets and colored straws for my protein shakes.

Goooood point, I eat my eggs every morning out of the skillet while I am cutting up my grapefruit and packing my lunch bag for the day I just grab a bite every few min.

It would be nice to sit down and actually enjoy them once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
    thanks Adina!
    just stopping by for my "dose" of your medication.

i have done ALL the things you are stating with such care & conviction in the past.............don't know what happened, but i am trying to get it back.

one proud thing i can say is that i have not "relapsed" into smoking! that i am incredibly proud of..........now if i could just get back to my old "steady training" person.
    Girl! You CAN get it back. You can. You can!!!!

But...I am WAY proud of your for giving up smoking. That makes a better life for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    Hush!

True if all the big cups are dirty.

I used to have big fancy goblets and colored straws for my protein shakes.

Y'all made me laugh. Do I need to separate you two?!

Page 19 of 807 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119519 ... LastLast