Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 807 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: FitAdina's Blog Spot

Quote Originally Posted by Dabear View Post
    oh lord thats great...going to be my new signature if you dont mind....
    and the rest of the post was amazing.
    WOO HOO!! I don't think I've ever been quoted!!!

I'm flattered!!!

The former fat girl in me thinks it's funny that the first time I'm quoted is all about the bacon. I used to could eat me some bacon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    WOO HOO!! I don't think I've ever been quoted!!!

I'm flattered!!!

The former fat girl in me thinks it's funny that the first time I'm quoted is all about the bacon. I used to could eat me some bacon!!!
    no prob! it is a great quote. but it was the rest of the post that got me. during the past two years i have had a personal journey that rivals the titanic. the only thing that stayed steady thru it all was the iron.
    my strongman training
    Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Happyville & sometimes I visit Crazyville

Hi Adina...wow..i love ur posts...im so glad you started this journal. what a great read already. keep it up! congrats on all of ur achievments..physcially and mentally. you defintily seem like a very positive, happy and motivated woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondrea View Post
    Hi Adina...wow..i love ur posts...im so glad you started this journal. what a great read already. keep it up! congrats on all of ur achievments..physcially and mentally. you defintily seem like a very positive, happy and motivated woman.
    Girl, I was looking through yours last night. I wanted to read more of it before I replied. I LOVE the title....it makes me want to read it every time!!!

Default Mystery Minutes

I have come to the realization that those of us who try our hardest to be healthy and fit have something the general public does not: mystery minutes.

You see, people approach me all the time for help. But when I tell them what I do, I am often told: “I don’t have time to do what you do.”

Maybe, just maybe, they haven’t tapped into their mystery minutes?

Maybe they have not unlocked the power of the unused minutes in their own day?

Maybe they don’t know that sometimes you CREATE minutes by getting up at the butt crack of dawn? Or that you can use minutes in double time? I can watch TV and pack my cooler at the same time, y’all. That doubles my minutes!

I also use my lunch hour. I don’t need an hour to eat. More mystery minutes.

I am known for jogging around football and soccer fields while my kids are practicing. While others are holding their seats down to keep them from floating away, I created more mystery minutes! I have literally jogged up to other parents telling me they just can’t seem to find the time to exercise. They killed hours just sitting in their car…waiting. Those were their mystery minutes. And they expired. They’re not rollover minutes, they’re MYSTERY MINUTES. And there is a difference.

I keep just enough dumbbells at home to be able to do biceps or triceps while packing my cooler and watching TV. That makes TRIPLE minutes y’all!

Time is not the factor here. We all have the same allotted minutes in our day. Some of us choose to use them to stay fit and healthy and some of us do not.

When you look at someone who looks the way you want to look, do not kid yourself. They do not have an easier life or more time than you do. They don’t. They just make sacrifices and better use of the same 24 hours we are all given.

But the next time someone asks for my help and tells me they don’t have time, I know exactly what I’m going to say…

“I know you don’t. Very few of us choose to harness the power of the mystery minutes.”

And then I’ll walk on. I could stand there and listen to them tell me why they don’t have time to exercise or pack a cooler, but my mystery minutes are ticking away.

Tick-tock. Tick-tock

LOVE that!!! keep em coming!

Lowdown5

Outstanding as usual Adina. Can't wait for the next installment.

yes fitadina i did go to the gym last night, felt like home again. thanks girl, and i know all about those mystery minutes...won't be wasting mine anymore!

a good one. always seem to have more time when i have stuff to do.
    my strongman training
    Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by karenfromcali View Post
    LOVE that!!! keep em coming!
    Thank you! I'll be sending one your way every day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown5 View Post
    Outstanding as usual Adina. Can't wait for the next installment.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by dumbellblonde View Post
    yes fitadina i did go to the gym last night, felt like home again. thanks girl, and i know all about those mystery minutes...won't be wasting mine anymore!
    And I am proud!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dabear View Post
    a good one. always seem to have more time when i have stuff to do.
    That's just how it goes!

Default I Don't Have Time

I couldn’t even fathom a guess as to how many people have told me lately that they just don’t have time to do what I do. When I hear this, it always makes me wonder…

"You don’t have time to be fit or you don’t have time to be healthy?

You don’t have time to eat? …..because certainly, eating healthy food at lunch takes more time than eating a cheeseburger…..and I can see how you can’t give up a sitcom to do cardio. Time is of the essence after all.

(I just really need someone to explain this time thing to me!)

I was actually thinking about this because I was texting back and forth with a friend of mine yesterday while packing my cooler for today, when an E-mail taped to my fridge caught my eye.

The E-mail was from my hot ISS friend Kevin. A copy of my diet. And I laughed, because I had totally forgotten it was there.

And, OK. It’s not taped. It’s up there with an Oreo cookie magnet. You see, he makes fun of me because we fry Oreos here in Texas. But they were selling them at the street fair in New York when I was there for the Today Show a few weeks ago. So, the gig is up. I know it’s not just a Texas thing!

And I was thinking how when I started eating the way I do now, it DID take a lot of time to get everything ready, and I couldn’t text with anybody while I was packing my cooler. I had to concentrate! I had to focus!!! I was after perfection here, people!

But eating healthy is just like a trusted recipe you make over and over. The first time you make it, you read that recipe ahead of time. Gather what you need. Refer to it often. And keep it marked for future reference.

Then you get where you can gather the ingredients from the store without making a list.

And eventually you don’t even remember where you put that recipe…or that E-mail.

And that is the stage I am at with my diet. Packing my cooler takes no time. No thought. Little effort on my part.

And really the same can be said for the gym. When I first started, I made meticulous lists and charts. Now it’s second nature. I am in and out in 45 minutes…unless I’m being a Chatty Cathy…and that’s my own fault! And yeah, my Hot Friend fusses at me about that too.

What took so much time in the beginning takes no time at all now.

BUT…I had to be willing to make it through the months where it seemed to consume every spare second of free time I had.

But boy was it ever worth it.

And that E-mail will stay there with that cookie magnet, if nothing else but to remind me that I am no longer a cookie magnet! I’m a hot people magnet!

WOOO HOOO! Yea for me!

Don’t get discouraged because you think this lifestyle takes too much time or too much effort. Just stick with it till it becomes your second nature too!

Default Stumbling Blocks

Do you want to know what REALLY got me started down the road to weight loss success? I mean the REAL factor?

It was a break-up. A break-up that left me so hurt that I would lay in the fetal position on the floor of my shower and cry like a baby.

This was one of those break-ups like you see on TV. A big convoluted mess, culminating in losing a guy to a best friend. And don’t pity me. He was a man I should never have been involved with in the first place. But he was someone I cared deeply for and loved at the time.

In one of my more functioning moments of weepiness and self-pity, I decided to lose weight to get him back.

And that is where I learned one of the biggest and most valuable lessons of my two year journey….stumbling blocks can be your biggest internal motivators.

I’ve shared with you the fact that the first thing I did to lose weight was jog. What you didn’t know is that I was jogging to get that man back. That blonde-haired, blue-eyed Greek God.

But you know what? It doesn’t matter what made me lace up those jogging shoes the first time. What matters is that I did it. And that I kept doing it.
    And as my physical body gained endurance, strength, stamina…my soul and my heart found peace.

(And his eyes weren’t THAT blue.)

And I was no longer running to get this man back. I was just running.

(His hair WAS kind of stupid-looking.)

And the running led to the diet.

(He’s not even Greek.)

And the diet led to the gym.

(And he’s certainly not a God.)

And the gym unlocked the doorway to my soul.

(Not even a demigod.)

And I would go through that break-up ten times over to get to where I am now.
    That man went on to marry my former best friend. And I went on to find the two best friends a girl could ever have and joy like I have never known.

Stumbling blocks only stay stumbling blocks if you let them. You can jump overthem. Walk around them. Change directions. Shimmy under them. There are infinite ways to move around a stumbling block, yet so many of us choose to walk right into them. Knowing they’re there. Or worse yet, strap them on like a backpack and wear them everywhere we go.

As for my stumbling block?

It’s now a coffee table. And on that coffee table are pictures of me with my two best friends. Copies of the magazines I have been in. A DVD of the Today Show episode I was on. The racing numbers I wore in the 5K runs I have been in. Scads of E-mails from well-wishers. Pictures from….

Y’all…I have to move so much good stuff to get to my stumbling block, I’m not so sure it’s even there anymore.

But herein lies the key: I do not ever search for that stumbling block. I don’t go back to it and wonder what if? Because which joyful memento would I remove to go back and uncover a block?

A big, ugly block.

Facing a stumbling block today? That means you are at the beginning of something wonderful, and the best is yet to come.

Besides, y’all…clearly that man is crazy for giving THIS up.

(He should probably get himself checked!)

And that stumbling block was nothing but a stepping stone in disguise.

Once again....

I love reading your "daily messages of inspiration" your journal is the first thing I check every morning when I get to work!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Once again....
    Thanks, sister friend!!! You know you're my best girl!

Quote Originally Posted by erinelainea View Post
    I love reading your "daily messages of inspiration" your journal is the first thing I check every morning when I get to work!
    Really? Thank you so much for telling me that! That brightens my day!

Amateur Threat

That post was AWESOME!!!

All of them are, but... DAMN, WOMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    That post was AWESOME!!!

All of them are, but... DAMN, WOMAN
    I like it when people bow to me. I should have a thread just for little bowing smiley things.

Oh....I was digressing. I meant to say....THANKS!!!!

From one writer to another....that means a lot to me.

Page 2 of 807 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102502 ... LastLast