Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 807 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: FitAdina's Blog Spot

Amateur Threat

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    I like it when people bow to me. I should have a thread just for little bowing smiley things.

Oh....I was digressing. I meant to say....THANKS!!!!

From one writer to another....that means a lot to me.
    You will get more, I am sure!!

I've been reading your bb.com blog but like eating candy for a cheat meal I limit myself so I can make it last longer. I only allow myself to read one month's worth of posts per day. That's why I asked about a book. There's tons of weightloss books out there but very few, if any, that gets into the head of someone who's been there done that. People who have never been overweight have no idea what it feels like. The bright side to us being overweight at one time is how amazing we feel now. I appreciate so many little things that I think other people take for granted. If you've never been fat you have no idea how good it feels to be able to cross your legs (or double cross them!) or fit in a rollercoaster seat or buy clothing off the rack that's not a plus store.

So get writing girl! I want a signed copy!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    I've been reading your bb.com blog but like eating candy for a cheat meal I limit myself so I can make it last longer. I only allow myself to read one month's worth of posts per day. That's why I asked about a book. There's tons of weightloss books out there but very few, if any, that gets into the head of someone who's been there done that. People who have never been overweight have no idea what it feels like. The bright side to us being overweight at one time is how amazing we feel now. I appreciate so many little things that I think other people take for granted. If you've never been fat you have no idea how good it feels to be able to cross your legs (or double cross them!) or fit in a rollercoaster seat or buy clothing off the rack that's not a plus store.

So get writing girl! I want a signed copy!
    I'm working on that book, I promise. I've been on page 176 for a LOOONNG time now! After being on The Today Show, I got so many cries for help, that it came to a halt. I just can't turn down cries for help. I just can't! But...I would write all day long if I could...I just love it! And my book will be different from the other ones out there. I TOTALLY have a plan and direction I want to go with it!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Amateur Threat

And how about this, Adina? Check her post count... only 7 posts... pretty much a lurker... yet you have drawn her out once again to post here in your thread... who knows? She might even do it consistently! Your blog is on her daily to-do list. That has to be cool to you

Quote Originally Posted by erinelainea View Post
    I love reading your "daily messages of inspiration" your journal is the first thing I check every morning when I get to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    And how about this, Adina? Check her post count... only 7 posts... pretty much a lurker... yet you have drawn her out once again to post here in your thread... who knows? She might even do it consistently! Your blog is on her daily to-do list. That has to be cool to you
    It actually made me a little weepy!

The words I write come from my soul...and whether or not anyone read them, I would still have to write them. So, to know that someone reads them daily honors me.

This blog is like the Howard Stern Show .......... we just cant wait to see what she says next

I like this place, I think I will visit often

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm View Post
    This blog is like the Howard Stern Show .......... we just cant wait to see what she says next

I like this place, I think I will visit often
    Well thank you very much!

Personally, I like wandering around and seeing the comments you make in the threads!

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    Well thank you very much!

Personally, I like wandering around and seeing the comments you make in the threads!

You must like bad girls then

wow....stumbling blocks, i have had a few of those.

that was like the sunshine and rainbows speech from rocky balboa. great post Adina!
    my strongman training
    Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

holy cow girl, that one gave me goose bumps. You have a gift for sure, thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabear View Post
    wow....stumbling blocks, i have had a few of those.

that was like the sunshine and rainbows speech from rocky balboa. great post Adina!
    We ALL have a few.

I will have to go back and watch that speech...I don't remember it, but I bet I can Blog about it!!

Quote Originally Posted by karenfromcali View Post
    holy cow girl, that one gave me goose bumps. You have a gift for sure, thanks for sharing it.
    Thank you! I like knowing the reactions my writing brings...make me know which direction to take!

Default FitnessRX for Woman

Today I thought I would share with you my success story as it appeared in the December 07 edition of FitnessRX for Women. The pictures I've attached are the pictures that ran with it.

But before I share it, let me tell you this: it was not my idea to share my story. I only did it because The Nazi (OK that's not his REAL name, but I call him that because he pushed me SO hard)....anyway, because The Nazi challenged me to. I had met every challenge physically, so we he asked me to get my story in print, I had to do it.

What I learned is this: if you have a story to tell, tell it. I had no clue people would want to know. But what I DO know is this....lots of you have a story to tell as well...and.....I'm waiting!!!

Here's the story....

The Lifestyle, Not the Diet

It’s a lifestyle, not a diet.” Oh, how I used to hate that phrase. A phrase uttered by countless skinny girls with flat stomachs and perky little behinds.

I was never skinny, little, or athletic. I thought you had to be born that way. I did not realize that from the time I was nine, I consistently made choices that led me into becoming the 5’5”, 256 pound woman that I was. I assumed some people were born with the genes that let them wear the jeans they wanted! I was just not one of those people. The lucky. The genetically gifted.

I did lose weight twice in my young years. I knew what it was like to be thin, even if only for a moment. It’s just that I never dealt with the reasons that made me overweight in the first place, thus the weight flew back to my thighs like a homing pigeon back to base! I firmly believe that until we deal with what makes us overeat, we cannot heal ourselves from the disease of obesity.

I decided to try the route of the pre-packaged meals. I dedicated myself to give two months without cheating, and an amazing thing happened in those two months. I learned what a portion size really was, and I never ate the same way again.

Thanksgiving Day marked the end of the two months, and I was ready to cheat. I filled a plate to heaping, fully intending to eat that and go back for seconds. However, my body was now use to regular portions, and I could not eat even a third of what was in front of me.

Next came the chocolate pie. I had waited two months for this moment. I took the generous size piece that had been cut for me. Slowly I brought the fork to my mouth, wanting to savor this moment. The shock of the sweetness made me shudder. Me! Surely this could not be so. I took a second bite, just to make sure. That was all I could eat.

I had been worried that a day of cheating would get me off track. Send me spinning into a spiral of self-destruction. However, the next day I woke up craving my healthy food. The heavy food of the day before, although certainly delicious, left me feeling bloated and lethargic. My new smaller portion sizes of good food leave me feeling energized and alive.

Along the way I also started going to the gym. I knew from research that we lose six pounds of muscle a decade after age thirty. Compound that with dieting, and I knew I had to get to the gym. I am proud when people say I don’t look like someone who lost a lot of weight. Lifting moderate weights shaped my physique so that I look like I have always been this size!

Yes. The journey was long, but so worth it. I have become one of “those” people who can proudly say, “It’s a lifestyle, not a diet!”
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm View Post
    You must like bad girls then
    I like girls who speak their mind!

Question My Life Is ______________??????

I learned something about myself last week…

I got up late to begin with, which is rare for me. Then I fiddle-farted around until I looked up and realized I had less than an hour till church started.

I had not eaten breakfast, and I had not gotten ready.

In the blink of an eye, I realized I had crossed another bridge. And this far into maintenance too!

When faced with not enough time to eat AND look fabulous….I chose to go get ready! I chose to get a shower and put on make-up before I chose to eat.

And I flashed back to the day before, and remembered that I didn’t eat meal number one until 12:30. Just too much going on to be bothered with eating!

And it struck me…the girl who used to weigh 256 pounds would rather do a lot of things than eat!

Then at church, the preacher said something that really got my wheels spinning. He said to fill in this blank: my life is _________?

So, I was thinking….what is the answer to that?

When I was a child the answer would have been: my life is sad.

When I was a teenager: my life is scary.

When I was a young adult: my life is over.

When I was thirty: my life is pathetic.

But now? Today?

My life is: happy, joyful, fulfilled, inspiring…. My life is just beginning!

I took the time to fix what was wrong in my life. Yes, struggles still come my way. Of course they do, but when you face them head on, they are sure easier to fix.

Take a look at what’s around you. If you don’t like the answer to your question….it’s time to do some work, so you can fill in the bank with happy words! Inspiring words. Moving, touching, sentimental words.

The struggles that brought me to my goal, also brought me to my happy! So when you are struggling, that’s just your body and your mind working overtime to help you fill in that blank!

So keep at it! You never know what wonderful words are waiting to be written in your blank!

Your life is __________________??!?!?

Tell me. Leave it for me here. What is your life? I want to know.

My life is unfolding.
    My life is moving forward.
    My life is becoming what I've always wanted it to be.
    My life is happy.
    I am happy.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    My life is unfolding.
    My life is moving forward.
    My life is becoming what I've always wanted it to be.
    My life is happy.
    I am happy.
    You are ALREADY happy, yet it's still unfolding...meaning...the best is yet to come! WOO HOO!!!! Way to be girlymuscle, way to be!

I am proud of you!

my life is rewarding
    my life is fulfilling
    my life is joyful
    my life is full of new challenges to overcome
    my life is clean and sober

Page 3 of 807 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103503 ... LastLast