Page 4 of 807 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: FitAdina's Blog Spot

Quote Originally Posted by karenfromcali View Post
    my life is rewarding
    my life is fulfilling
    my life is joyful
    my life is full of new challenges to overcome
    my life is clean and sober
    Clean and sober? Clean and sober? WOO HOO!!!

I happened to Blog about that on BB.com today...and I hate to throw a second Blog up there....this one's for you Karen!!!

The Battle Continues

I had an interesting talk with a dear friend of mine on Friday. You see, he spent years of his life addicted to Crack. But he has been clean for over nine years now, which makes him one of my own personal heroes. And aren’t those the best kind? The ones you actually know. Not just see about or read about. You actually get to know them.

We were comparing stories. And it’s funny. Just like my classmate I told y’all about, he views what I did as harder than what he did. Yet, I am totally in awe of what my friend has accomplished.

And so I said to him, “So few people do what you have done. You act like it is nothing, when really it is everything.”

And it is. I really believe that.

So he went on to tell me how he knows what he did is a big thing. About how many people come to meetings and don’t stick around very long. Very few left at the five year mark, and even fewer at the ten.

And are you catching that? It’s been over nine years, and he still goes to meetings. And from talking to him, I can tell you, it’s numerous times a week.

Because that’s how he keeps his sobriety. That’s how he stays clean.

And y’all…that’s how he maintains.

There are actually areas outside of weight loss were people have to work on maintenance.

There are actually things in this world that are just as hard as losing and maintaining weight loss. We aren’t doing the hardest thing in the world, y’all.

But the biggest lesson I learned through my friend? He told me, “I have to stay humble, or I go right back to hell. The minute I think I’ve conquered it, I’ve lost it.”

So, let’s see. The minute I think I’ve conquered my battle with the bulge, and go back to eating the way I used to eat….hmmm…I’ve lost it.

So…maybe, just maybe, never feeling like I’ve conquered it is key to my maintaining my loss.

He goes to narcotics anonymous meetings to maintain while I go to the gym and eat healthy.

And while we both focus on the ongoing battle, secretly we both know the other has won. We just don’t tell each other that.

Battle on friends.

Fight the good fight.

my life is full of laundry
    my life is full of lessons
    my life is full of oppurtunity
    my strongman training
    Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    Clean and sober? Clean and sober? WOO HOO!!!

I happened to Blog about that on BB.com today...and I hate to throw a second Blog up there....this one's for you Karen!!!

The Battle Continues

I had an interesting talk with a dear friend of mine on Friday. You see, he spent years of his life addicted to Crack. But he has been clean for over nine years now, which makes him one of my own personal heroes. And aren’t those the best kind? The ones you actually know. Not just see about or read about. You actually get to know them.

We were comparing stories. And it’s funny. Just like my classmate I told y’all about, he views what I did as harder than what he did. Yet, I am totally in awe of what my friend has accomplished.

And so I said to him, “So few people do what you have done. You act like it is nothing, when really it is everything.”

And it is. I really believe that.

So he went on to tell me how he knows what he did is a big thing. About how many people come to meetings and don’t stick around very long. Very few left at the five year mark, and even fewer at the ten.

And are you catching that? It’s been over nine years, and he still goes to meetings. And from talking to him, I can tell you, it’s numerous times a week.

Because that’s how he keeps his sobriety. That’s how he stays clean.

And y’all…that’s how he maintains.

There are actually areas outside of weight loss were people have to work on maintenance.

There are actually things in this world that are just as hard as losing and maintaining weight loss. We aren’t doing the hardest thing in the world, y’all.

But the biggest lesson I learned through my friend? He told me, “I have to stay humble, or I go right back to hell. The minute I think I’ve conquered it, I’ve lost it.”

So, let’s see. The minute I think I’ve conquered my battle with the bulge, and go back to eating the way I used to eat….hmmm…I’ve lost it.

So…maybe, just maybe, never feeling like I’ve conquered it is key to my maintaining my loss.

He goes to narcotics anonymous meetings to maintain while I go to the gym and eat healthy.

And while we both focus on the ongoing battle, secretly we both know the other has won. We just don’t tell each other that.

Battle on friends.

Fight the good fight.
    This is so true. It happened to me. I lost the weight. 70 pounds of it! And I maintained for two years bouncing around in the 130s wearing a size 4. I made the mistake of thinking I'd conquered my weight problem. I took my eye off the ball. The first huge emotional upheaval in my life led me right back to the fridge and let me tell you, that 40 pounds came on quick. I swear I went to bed thin and woke up fat. That isn't gonna happen in the future. I've learned that lesson. I can never take my eye off the ball and I can never think I've got it licked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabear View Post
    my life is full of laundry
    my life is full of lessons
    my life is full of oppurtunity
    And I hope you are taking advantage of those opportunities!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    This is so true. It happened to me. I lost the weight. 70 pounds of it! And I maintained for two years bouncing around in the 130s wearing a size 4. I made the mistake of thinking I'd conquered my weight problem. I took my eye off the ball. The first huge emotional upheaval in my life led me right back to the fridge and let me tell you, that 40 pounds came on quick. I swear I went to bed thin and woke up fat. That isn't gonna happen in the future. I've learned that lesson. I can never take my eye off the ball and I can never think I've got it licked.
    AWESOME! And just like he had to do whatever it takes to stay clean and sober...we have to do whatever it takes to stya thin and fit. Good job, girl. Good job!

And I hope you are taking advantage of those opportunities!
    they are providing me with lessons in patience
    my strongman training
    Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabear View Post
    they are providing me with lessons in patience
    Ten years from now, you won't look back and wish you had been less patient. So...that is not a bad thing. Not at all.

Ten years from now, you won't look back and wish you had been less patient. So...that is not a bad thing. Not at all.
    its just taken this long to learn it.
    and it is a wonderful thing
    my strongman training

Amateur Threat

My life is my own.
    My life is lived on my terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    My life is my own.
    My life is lived on my terms.
    Good answers.
    I like that.

You need to go read the story I put in my member gallery.
    It's not motivational...but you'll think it's a good read!

Talking

So I got stuck at my desk last week as meal number three was quickly approaching. Meal number three being 1 ½ scoops of ISS Whey Power and 1 slice of Ezekiel Bread.

No matter what, I could not seem to break away from my desk.

Now, I know you all think I am Ms. Susie Sunshine, and, well, OK, I am…but there are some things I can get down right fanatical about. One of those things being my diet. Unless it has been designated as a cheat day far in advance by me, I don’t cheat. I simply don’t allow it. You see, I keep a running list of things I have to look my best for. I always keep looking to the next big thing. It keeps me clean!

While waiting for an answer , I come to the realization that I am going to be on hold for quite some time. And that this will push me past my three hour max. I always start the next meal within three hours of the last. But, all is not lost as I spy my DRY whey powder in the corner.

Being as I am tough as nails in the diet department (slash anal retentive), I think to myself, “What can it hurt?”

I take a small spoonful of the dry powder. And you may not know this, but you take one small spoonful of ISS Chocolate Whey, and it makes a Tootsie Roll in your very mouth! On the spot, y’all. I made a Tootsie Roll!

So I say to myself while still on hold, “That was fun!” And shouldn’t my food be fun? People ask me that ALL the time, and I was thinking, “Herein lies the answer!”

So, STILL on hold, I decide to make another Tootsie Roll in one of those “Yea for me” moments I have so many of throughout my day! I love this creativity thing I’ve got going on. It’s kind of like making those recipes with Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. Like Banana with Chocolate would make a chocolate covered banana…

But tragedy strikes. Failing to account for the chocolaty remnants of goodness in my mouth from the first bite, the second bite didn’t make so much a Tootsie Roll as a small wad of gelatinous goo.

And at this point my thoughts become, “I hope nobody comes by.” Because if I were to smile, each individual tooth is now coated in the chocolate concoction I have created in my mouth. So, essentially I have created Whey Bubba Teeth.

And you would think that I wouldn’t try again…unless you REALLY know me, then you’re not surprised one bit that I go back for round three! Tootsie Roll. Bubba Teeth. What was next?!

By the third bite, the remnants of the tootsie roll and the gelatinous goo join forces with the fresh powder I had thrown in the mix…and created a, well, let’s call it cement, so strong that not even the jaws of life could extract my bottom jaw from my top.

And, of course, at precisely this moment, the hold music that had been mindlessly drumming in my head stops, and I hear the voice I had been awaiting utter the magic phrase, “Can I help you?”

To which I reply, “Yeaoh alkt toiuer thoei.”

Of course, she doesn’t understand. She doesn’t speak stupid. “Please speak up, I’m having trouble understanding you.”

Speak up? Now there’s a phrase I don’t hear very often, I can assure you! She didn’t know I WAS speaking up. I was just speaking inside my mouth!

And in the end, I hung up. Even if she does have Caller ID, she won’t know my extension!

But cheating on a diet is like this. If I had stopped at one bite, I would have been left with the deliriously happy thought that one small bite of ISS Chocolate Whey = Tootsie Roll! And that would have been enough. I would eventually get to the break room. And it would indeed have been enough to tide me over.

Just like that one bite of the cake you eat to “keep you from craving it all day” becomes a half slice. Which becomes a whole slice. When in reality, one bite would have killed the craving.

Stop at one bite, tootsie roll. Keep going, cement.

Stop at one bite of what you are craving, or keep going and let it get out of control.

I choose the Tootsie Roll, y'all. I choose the Tootsie Roll.

I thought of YOU this morning when the alarm went off at 4am. See, I have to get up and get to the gym by 4:30am in order to get my cardio in and shower before work. It helps that I work at a gym. Still, when that alarm goes off and I'm all sleepy snuggly the last thing I feel like doing is getting up and doing cardio. That's when I thought of you. What would FitAdina do? LOL...WWFD? I got up, got to work, did my cardio, showered and now I feel good. No regrets. Now I just have to lift after a 13 hour work day!

And I have protein powder here. I'm having ONE tootsie roll today!

Adina, thanks for sharing the story about your friend. I have almost 13 years and still go to meetings, still call my sponsor, still work the steps. He is so right about the humble part.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    I thought of YOU this morning when the alarm went off at 4am. See, I have to get up and get to the gym by 4:30am in order to get my cardio in and shower before work. It helps that I work at a gym. Still, when that alarm goes off and I'm all sleepy snuggly the last thing I feel like doing is getting up and doing cardio. That's when I thought of you. What would FitAdina do? LOL...WWFD? I got up, got to work, did my cardio, showered and now I feel good. No regrets. Now I just have to lift after a 13 hour work day!

And I have protein powder here. I'm having ONE tootsie roll today!
    YEA!!! I like people thinking of ME!!! WOO HOO!!!!

You know...I am right there with you, sister frined. My alarm is set for 4:19. I get up and do the same, exact thing for the same exact reason!

I think for my Blog tomorrow, I'll go through EXACTLY what a morning with me would be like! That would be fun for me to write!

Let me know how the Tootsie Roll is!!!

And....13 hours?

But girl...at the end of those 13 hours...you just still have to be glad you have a healthy body that can lift....because I'm watching the Telethon...and we know so many people would kill to have a body that would allow a 13 hour work day....or even a 1 hour work day.

Quote Originally Posted by karenfromcali View Post
    Adina, thanks for sharing the story about your friend. I have almost 13 years and still go to meetings, still call my sponsor, still work the steps. He is so right about the humble part.
    Thank you for sharing that with me. I know it's not easy. I had known my friend a year before he told me. And the good Lord knows that man knew everything about me already.

And even though he knew all along I was safe ears to tell...it took him that long. It was at the end of a phone call. He knew I was about to have to hang up to answer a call at work...and he just blurted it out.

And sometimes he goes as much as 4 times a week.

And you know what...humble people are the best people.

I think people who are not humble have simply not reached the moment that will humble them one day. We have just already had ours.

So I got stuck at my desk last week as meal number three was quickly approaching. Meal number three being 1 ½ scoops of ISS Whey Power and 1 slice of Ezekiel Bread.

No matter what, I could not seem to break away from my desk.

Now, I know you all think I am Ms. Susie Sunshine, and, well, OK, I am…but there are some things I can get down right fanatical about. One of those things being my diet. Unless it has been designated as a cheat day far in advance by me, I don’t cheat. I simply don’t allow it. You see, I keep a running list of things I have to look my best for. I always keep looking to the next big thing. It keeps me clean!

While waiting for an answer , I come to the realization that I am going to be on hold for quite some time. And that this will push me past my three hour max. I always start the next meal within three hours of the last. But, all is not lost as I spy my DRY whey powder in the corner.

Being as I am tough as nails in the diet department (slash anal retentive), I think to myself, “What can it hurt?”

I take a small spoonful of the dry powder. And you may not know this, but you take one small spoonful of ISS Chocolate Whey, and it makes a Tootsie Roll in your very mouth! On the spot, y’all. I made a Tootsie Roll!

So I say to myself while still on hold, “That was fun!” And shouldn’t my food be fun? People ask me that ALL the time, and I was thinking, “Herein lies the answer!”

So, STILL on hold, I decide to make another Tootsie Roll in one of those “Yea for me” moments I have so many of throughout my day! I love this creativity thing I’ve got going on. It’s kind of like making those recipes with Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. Like Banana with Chocolate would make a chocolate covered banana…

But tragedy strikes. Failing to account for the chocolaty remnants of goodness in my mouth from the first bite, the second bite didn’t make so much a Tootsie Roll as a small wad of gelatinous goo.

And at this point my thoughts become, “I hope nobody comes by.” Because if I were to smile, each individual tooth is now coated in the chocolate concoction I have created in my mouth. So, essentially I have created Whey Bubba Teeth.

And you would think that I wouldn’t try again…unless you REALLY know me, then you’re not surprised one bit that I go back for round three! Tootsie Roll. Bubba Teeth. What was next?!

By the third bite, the remnants of the tootsie roll and the gelatinous goo join forces with the fresh powder I had thrown in the mix…and created a, well, let’s call it cement, so strong that not even the jaws of life could extract my bottom jaw from my top.

And, of course, at precisely this moment, the hold music that had been mindlessly drumming in my head stops, and I hear the voice I had been awaiting utter the magic phrase, “Can I help you?”

To which I reply, “Yeaoh alkt toiuer thoei.”

Of course, she doesn’t understand. She doesn’t speak stupid. “Please speak up, I’m having trouble understanding you.”

Speak up? Now there’s a phrase I don’t hear very often, I can assure you! She didn’t know I WAS speaking up. I was just speaking inside my mouth!

And in the end, I hung up. Even if she does have Caller ID, she won’t know my extension!

But cheating on a diet is like this. If I had stopped at one bite, I would have been left with the deliriously happy thought that one small bite of ISS Chocolate Whey = Tootsie Roll! And that would have been enough. I would eventually get to the break room. And it would indeed have been enough to tide me over.

Just like that one bite of the cake you eat to “keep you from craving it all day” becomes a half slice. Which becomes a whole slice. When in reality, one bite would have killed the craving.

Stop at one bite, tootsie roll. Keep going, cement.

Stop at one bite of what you are craving, or keep going and let it get out of control.

I choose the Tootsie Roll, y'all. I choose the Tootsie Roll.
    try nectar syntrax...you can eat it dry on a spoon...once you put it in your mouth it gets hard and you chew it like a hard candy...very good

"they" say that the first three bites are the best, most satisfying and that after that you get nothing, but keep eating to try to get the feeling of the first 3 bites

so after 3 bites STOP !!!!!!!!!

Page 4 of 807 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104504 ... LastLast