Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 807 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107507 ... LastLast
Results 103 to 119 of 13709

Thread: FitAdina's Blog Spot

  1. #103

    Default

    I love starting my day like this. Thanks, Adina!

  2. #104
    Amateur Threat
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    20,214

    Default

    I would call my friends, but they stopped dealing with me after I got married because they did not like my choice of spouse, and even after I came back home, and announced that it was coming to an end, I guess I was not the same person they remembered, and still wanted no part of me, and STILL drifted off

  3. #105

    Default

    Don't worry, GX. You always have ME! And I'm as good as ten of your old friends! LMAO!

    There's a line from an old Scottish song called Caledonia that says, "I've left the friends that needed leaving, made others along the way." That's life. It happens to everyone.

  4. #106
    Amateur Threat
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    20,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Don't worry, GX. You always have ME! And I'm as good as ten of your old friends! LMAO!

    There's a line from an old Scottish song called Caledonia that says, "I've left the friends that needed leaving, made others along the way." That's life. It happens to everyone.


    Honestly, when I finally understood what had happened, I think I was affected... maybe ten... twenty minutes... if that. I absorb, process, and move on from everything VERY fast. I have often been called uncaring or heartless because I really show no emotion or appear to be so nonchalant about everything... which is not true. I just do not dwell on what is. I am all about forward movement. You go nowhere fast if you stand still though.

  5. #107

    Default

    I f you think about it, we're all moving forward all the time in one way or another. What you have to pay attention to is WHERE are you moving to? For a lot of people it's in a circle, repeating the same things over and over, wondering when life will change. Then there are those of us who understand it's a choice we get to make daily.

    Where are you going today?

  6. #108
    Bro Scientist
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    getbig.com
    Posts
    5,451
    Gender
    Female

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    I would call my friends, but they stopped dealing with me after I got married because they did not like my choice of spouse, and even after I came back home, and announced that it was coming to an end, I guess I was not the same person they remembered, and still wanted no part of me, and STILL drifted off
    Omg, thats so terrible! They should understand and be more open minded about life!

  7. #109
    Amateur Threat
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    20,214

    Default

    Circles are no good for me. Never have been...never will be. I pity those who enjoy them. They seem so lost.

    I know where I am going though

  8. #110
    Amateur Threat
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    20,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tight booty View Post
    Omg, thats so terrible! They should understand and be more open minded about life!
    Terrible, yes... but that is life. People come and go.

    I am pretty much a loner at this point. I come into people's lives, and I am there for them until they decide I do not need to be there anymore, and then I walk... no argument, no incident, no looking back. Like a ninja, I disappear as quickly as I appeared, and if I am nothing more than a distant memory in those people's lives, my presence was worth it because at least they can remember me being around. I am certain I have forgotten most people that I have come in contact with, based on their overall insignifigance.

  9. #111

    Default

    I'm not going to start calling you ninja, just so ya know.

    And ya aren't walking out my life, buddy. I'm not letting you.

  10. #112
    Amateur Threat
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    20,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    I'm not going to start calling you ninja, just so ya know.

    And ya aren't walking out my life, buddy. I'm not letting you.
    That is fine... I do not need it It is just a great example! My start in the martial arts was Ninjutsu though... But I prefer where I am now, anyway.

  11. #113
    Bro Scientist
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    getbig.com
    Posts
    5,451
    Gender
    Female

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    Terrible, yes... but that is life. People come and go.

    I am pretty much a loner at this point. I come into people's lives, and I am there for them until they decide I do not need to be there anymore, and then I walk... no argument, no incident, no looking back. Like a ninja, I disappear as quickly as I appeared, and if I am nothing more than a distant memory in those people's lives, my presence was worth it because at least they can remember me being around. I am certain I have forgotten most people that I have come in contact with, based on their overall insignifigance.
    People do come and go, this is true but some people stay too!!!!!
    And for friends to drop you because they don't like your wife, well that happens sometimes but to not be there for you when you separated.....they can't have been good friends to start with! Its not good enough, simply put! You deserve better and don't forget it!

  12. #114
    Amateur Threat bndniron4evrgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    a wee bit above 5,000 feet........
    Posts
    1,874

    Default

    friends come and go depending on what i'm doing in my life.

    family will always be there.......i think.

    thanks ADINA for the positive strokes.
    I'm workin on getting better K!!!

  13. #115
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    I would call my friends, but they stopped dealing with me after I got married because they did not like my choice of spouse, and even after I came back home, and announced that it was coming to an end, I guess I was not the same person they remembered, and still wanted no part of me, and STILL drifted off
    OK Gaxy…I always call you Gaxy in my mind….so…it’s just time you should know that….

    Anyway…I have this friend, John. We used to eat out EVERY Friday night. This was when I was heavy, and he was as well. We were kind of a weight loss support group of two.

    Here’s the thing…he started dating this girl, and I didn’t really care for her. It was a train wreck waiting to happen.

    And John drifted away. And then that train wrecked and John came back.

    And while I did let him back into the fold, it’s just not the same. Because I’m on guard around him…knowing that he could easily do the same thing again.

    It takes time to rebuild a bridge. You have to remove the old one and wade out in a lot of water to get it done.

    It’s even this way with my friend that I wrote about. We still see each other, but it’s not the same. Because she knows she doesn’t really have me back. She’ll never have me back completely….because I won’t go back to the person I was.

    Just like your friends will know that they won’t really have you back…because you’re looking. After all…you are in the singles forum with me! WOO HOO!!!

  14. #116
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    I love starting my day like this. Thanks, Adina!
    Girl...I did the happy clap when I saw there was a little conversation thread going on within my thread....I LOVE that!

  15. #117
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
    friends come and go depending on what i'm doing in my life.

    family will always be there.......i think.

    thanks ADINA for the positive strokes.
    My family did not stay...haven't seen my dad in 29 years...hard to belive.

    BUT...I am blesssed to have a best friend who came with a family of my very own...and even though they are not blood...they will never leave me.

    I actually got to see a piece of that tonight. As my best friend's dad was in the ER and I was the only one who could get to him. And it was just us there, being scared....but scared together...and I knew that he was indeed my family by choice.

    And...thanks for stopping by! I like seeing the same people come by for a second round!

  16. #118
    Amateur Threat
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    20,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post
    OK Gaxy…I always call you Gaxy in my mind….so…it’s just time you should know that….

    Anyway…I have this friend, John. We used to eat out EVERY Friday night. This was when I was heavy, and he was as well. We were kind of a weight loss support group of two.

    Here’s the thing…he started dating this girl, and I didn’t really care for her. It was a train wreck waiting to happen.

    And John drifted away. And then that train wrecked and John came back.

    And while I did let him back into the fold, it’s just not the same. Because I’m on guard around him…knowing that he could easily do the same thing again.

    It takes time to rebuild a bridge. You have to remove the old one and wade out in a lot of water to get it done.

    It’s even this way with my friend that I wrote about. We still see each other, but it’s not the same. Because she knows she doesn’t really have me back. She’ll never have me back completely….because I won’t go back to the person I was.

    Just like your friends will know that they won’t really have you back…because you’re looking. After all…you are in the singles forum with me! WOO HOO!!!

    I understand what you are saying

    I have not seen these people in two years... no phone calls, or anything. And I tried to keep things going with them. But one day, I decided that, much like with my marriage, I could not be the only one who tried to make it work. If I got no response, then to Hell with it.

    So, true to form, when someone no longer wants me around, I walked, and did not look back. So where they are now, I have no idea... but I hope everyone is doing okay

  17. #119
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    I understand what you are saying

    I have not seen these people in two years... no phone calls, or anything. And I tried to keep things going with them. But one day, I decided that, much like with my marriage, I could not be the only one who tried to make it work. If I got no response, then to Hell with it.

    So, true to form, when someone no longer wants me around, I walked, and did not look back. So where they are now, I have no idea... but I hope everyone is doing okay
    I did that with a guy I was dating last year. It suddenly occured to me...I was running a marathon while he was sitting in a recliner, feet propped up, drinking a margarita.

    When we have to work THAT hard...like you say...sometimes, you walk.

Page 7 of 807 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107507 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •