Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 807 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: FitAdina's Blog Spot

Quote Originally Posted by Dabear View Post
    my ego and need to be independent got in the way.

after my divorce i discovered who my true friends and family were.
    My need to pity myself got in the way.

One day it hit me...ten years from now, I won't look back and wish I had felt sorry for myself more often.

Quote Originally Posted by FitAdina View Post

One day it hit me...ten years from now, I won't look back and wish I had felt sorry for myself more often.
    felt sorry for myself for a couple days, drank myself silly. then got back on it and hit the iron.
    my strongman training
    Handle every situation like a Dog.If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Bro Scientist

I know, girl. I know!

He drove an hour to come take me to lunch yesterday.
    I hope you had a really yummy lunch Adina! I enjoy food so when I eat out I go all out...I do not sit there picking at a salad like some girls! Does that annoy you, when you see a guy take a girl out for dinner and the girl orders a salad and then picks at it and hardly touches it? I think thats insulting...for goodness sake enjoy your dam food. Men like women who enjoy food and not pick at it...hahahha

Bro Scientist

I'm at my best friend's house right now. He's making me and my son pancakes for breakfast.

He just hollared from the kitchen, "We're going to eat family style today, I hope you don't mind. Even though we're not family"

We usually just eat around, but he wants us to sit at the table today.

Without thinking I yell back, "You're my family. My family by choice."

And he is.

We aren't given everything we want in this world, but that doesn't mean we can't have it.

I wasn't born with shoulder caps. I wasn't born with a sleek, sexy, svelte body.

But I can have these things by choice.

I can eat clean, lift heavy, and get these things by choice.

I am in control of the shape of my body. But I have to chose to take control.

Sitting at home and fretting over not having what I want will not make changes.

Eating more because I am already overweight won't do it either.

Skipping the gym because I'm not sure what to do...you guessed it. That won't do it either.

Every day, you have to choose to do something that will get you closer to where you want to be.

You won't get there over night, but you can get one step closer every day.

When I sit down to eat breakfast, that may be a "family by choice" but it is still a family. It is enjoyable. It is who I am.

Just like when you look in the mirror after months of hard work, you will enjoy your body by choice.

And it's all good, people. It's all good.
    Very positive post Adina! Your book is going to Rock!

Weird as that sounds I have that same streak. It goes hand in hand with actually wanting to feel bad. I'm done with that now. While I may have enjoyed in a sick sort of way feeling good and being positive is soooo better!

Quote Originally Posted by Dabear View Post
    felt sorry for myself for a couple days, drank myself silly. then got back on it and hit the iron.
    And you know...you cannot feel sorry for yourself and lift weights. It just cannot be done.

You may feel sorry for yourself when you walk in the gym doors, but the workout takes over...and you don't even remember why you were upset when you leave.

I love lifting!

Quote Originally Posted by tight booty View Post
    I hope you had a really yummy lunch Adina! I enjoy food so when I eat out I go all out...I do not sit there picking at a salad like some girls! Does that annoy you, when you see a guy take a girl out for dinner and the girl orders a salad and then picks at it and hardly touches it? I think thats insulting...for goodness sake enjoy your dam food. Men like women who enjoy food and not pick at it...hahahha
    Sure it does! It's a date for Pete's sake! Unless you are in contest prep, I say dates are to be enjoyed!

Very positive post Adina! Your book is going to Rock!
    Thanks, girl! Now...I just have to finish is and get it out there!!!

I've got things I want to say!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Weird as that sounds I have that same streak. It goes hand in hand with actually wanting to feel bad. I'm done with that now. While I may have enjoyed in a sick sort of way feeling good and being positive is soooo better!
    For me it was like this...when I was heavy...that was my only way to get attention. And...what a sick twisted way that was. But I had to make sure EVERYBODY knew how pitiful my life was.

But that's OK...now I have to make sure everyone knows how wonderful my life is!!!

WOO HOO!!! It's sure better on this side!!!

Lightbulb The Girl at my Gym

I just saw a T-shirt that caught my eye. My Indian name is Runs with Beer.

And then I read a story about a contest where people try to find the strangest book names. A few of the winners were:

How to Avoid Huge Ships

Be Bold with Bananas

101 Super Uses for Tampon Applicators

We are all given a name where we are born, but it’s the name we make for ourselves that really counts.

For those of us who have kids, you remember choosing names.

There were a few names that you said, “There is no way. I knew this one kid named that….”

Actions can ruin a name. We all know this.

James is a lovely name, but there was this one guy...well, he just ruined that name for me. (Sorry all you people named James out there!)

Adina means beautiful. But do I act beautiful? Would someone that knew me be able to give that name to their baby? Or have I ruined it for them?

There was a time in my life that Adina meant sad. Lonely. Depressed. Bitter. Angry. Who would want to saddle a child with that name?

But you know what? That’s the beauty of getting in shape. You fix so much more than just the outside. You see, it’s awfully hard to fix the outside without working on the inside too.

As I shed the weight, I was essentially forced to learn to deal with my problems in ways other than eating. But what I really learned was to deal instead of run, hide, or ignore.

I am happy with the name I have made for myself. It took time, patience, and effort to get to this point. But it was well worth the journey.

My coworker Michael said just last week, “Boy that Adina sure is a live wire.”

I think I’ll keep that name. I like one. It says it all.

But I think my Indian name would be Writes with Feathers – because I’m wordy, and I know it.

But I’m a happy wordy girl…who really, really wants to get her hands on a copy of that third book. 101 uses? Seriously? There just cannot be? I can’t even think of one y’all. Especially not a SUPER use. Somebody fill a girl in…

Bro Scientist

I just saw a T-shirt that caught my eye. My Indian name is Runs with Beer.

And then I read a story about a contest where people try to find the strangest book names. A few of the winners were:

How to Avoid Huge Ships

Be Bold with Bananas

101 Super Uses for Tampon Applicators

We are all given a name where we are born, but it’s the name we make for ourselves that really counts.

For those of us who have kids, you remember choosing names.

There were a few names that you said, “There is no way. I knew this one kid named that….”

Actions can ruin a name. We all know this.

James is a lovely name, but there was this one guy...well, he just ruined that name for me. (Sorry all you people named James out there!)

Adina means beautiful. But do I act beautiful? Would someone that knew me be able to give that name to their baby? Or have I ruined it for them?

There was a time in my life that Adina meant sad. Lonely. Depressed. Bitter. Angry. Who would want to saddle a child with that name?

But you know what? That’s the beauty of getting in shape. You fix so much more than just the outside. You see, it’s awfully hard to fix the outside without working on the inside too.

As I shed the weight, I was essentially forced to learn to deal with my problems in ways other than eating. But what I really learned was to deal instead of run, hide, or ignore.

I am happy with the name I have made for myself. It took time, patience, and effort to get to this point. But it was well worth the journey.

My coworker Michael said just last week, “Boy that Adina sure is a live wire.”

I think I’ll keep that name. I like one. It says it all.

But I think my Indian name would be Writes with Feathers – because I’m wordy, and I know it.

But I’m a happy wordy girl…who really, really wants to get her hands on a copy of that third book. 101 uses? Seriously? There just cannot be? I can’t even think of one y’all. Especially not a SUPER use. Somebody fill a girl in…
    Yes you do change on the inside as you change the outside! Reading this makes me remember when I caught up with a group of friends after I had began competing! They commented that I had changed. You see when they had seen me last I had just lost the man I had lived with and shared my life with for ten years. Instead of sitting around feeling sorry for my loss, I pursued my dreams by busting my ass in the gym and competing for the first time 18 months after his death! So by the time I saw these friends again I had won my state titles and went on to place runner up at the Nationals held later that year! I had changed....I was living life to the fullest and doing what I always wanted to do but had always made excuses! My life with Anatol may have been over but another new chapter was opening up for me!
    Life is like a book...it has many chapters in it!!!
    Last edited by tight booty; September 8th, 2008 at 07:08 AM.

Yes you do change on the inside as you change the outside! Reading this makes me remember when I caught up with a group of friends after I had began competing! They commented that I had changed. You see when they had seen me last I had just lost the man I had lived with and shared my life with for ten years. Instead of sitting around feeling sorry for my loss, I pursued my dreams by busting my ass in the gym and competing for the first time 18 months after his death! So by the time I saw these friends again I had won my state titles and went on to place runner up at the Nationals held later that year! I had changed....I was living life to the fullest and doing what I always wanted to do but had always made excuses! My life with Anatol may have been over but another new chapter was opening up for me!
    Life is like a book...it has many chapters in it!!!
    Anatol would be proud...and so am I.

Bro Scientist

Anatol would be proud...and so am I.
    Awwwww thank you Adina! Yes he would be, when I did my first comp and won I looked up and felt his presence with me! I am very spirtual and I know he was there with me smiling!
    And I am proud of you Adina. You have changed your lifestyle and outlook on life and look amazing and the best thing is with your writing skills and passion you are going to help others change their lives for the better! You will make a difference and your writings are enjoyable to read! You always have my support in everything you pursue!

Awwwww thank you Adina! Yes he would be, when I did my first comp and won I looked up and felt his presence with me! I am very spirtual and I know he was there with me smiling!
    And I am proud of you Adina. You have changed your lifestyle and outlook on life and look amazing and the best thing is with your writing skills and passion you are going to help others change their lives for the better! You will make a difference and your writings are enjoyable to read! You always have my support in everything you pursue!
    What a nice message to login to this morning. Thank you!

Default The Sprout

I noticed a tree in my front yard yesterday. A new little sprout of a tree. Probably six inches tall or so. It was growing through the concrete in my driveway.

I started to pull it up, but that little tree reminded me of something.

I thought about all that little sprout had to do to get to where it is.

That little seed had to make its way through that hot concrete to find enough ground to grow in.

Then, although mired in darkness, it had to find some light.

And it had to take water through the only opening available. One little hole.
    Then it had to force its way back up through that concrete.

And it had to get big enough and strong enough till finally it could say, “I’m here Look at me.”

And isn’t life this way? Whatever is holding you back, you have to be like that little tree.

You have to find your way to a soil you can survive in.

You have to find the light. The place where you can be happy and overcome.

You have to take what you need to move on from where you need it. Even if it’s a simple as buying healthy food from the grocery store or as complex as finding the shelter or support group you need.

But then comes the good part.

You make your way back through that concrete. And while you went in a tiny, scared little seed. Knowing you were small enough to get through the tiny whole you found, but not sure if you can push your way out.

But you do. You absolutely do.

And what comes out is so much more beautiful than what went in.

And you’re strong.

And you push that concrete aside like it’s nothing.

And it crumbles at your new found strength.

And it was all because you found one small place in that concrete that would allow you to become the person you were all along. You just didn’t know it.

Keep on pushing….because I’m pulling for you.

Ahhhh...I love this time of the morning. A hot cup of coffee and a little Adina to get me started on the right foot today. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    Ahhhh...I love this time of the morning. A hot cup of coffee and a little Adina to get me started on the right foot today. Thanks!
    I like it when "little" is anywhere in the vicinity of my name!!!

Page 9 of 807 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109509 ... LastLast