Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was told this stack was ridiculous

Banned

Default I was told this stack was ridiculous

When I first started working out I was really into supplements and wanted to try everything. This is what I ended up with after a few months. People on another bodybuilding site said it was ridiculous. I was still eating 5 meals a day and using a shake for meal 6.

Was it really all that bad?

Banned

What's so bad about it aside from the Nitrix and ZMA? (looking back I didn't even need those)

I have no idea why people call it stacking, that's for anabolics only. Protein, vitamins, fish oil and creatine only. A fat burner depending on your goals.
    Trueprotein.com 5% Discount code- KEM010

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Youngguns View Post
    I have no idea why people call it stacking, that's for anabolics only. Protein, vitamins, fish oil and creatine only. A fat burner depending on your goals.
    I always thought your supps were called stacks. I'm a newbie man.

Dont worry about him. Its cool dude. Your pic is not comming up for me, but peopple will tell you the truth here. Trust me, its only a good thing. You will get answers to your questions, and soemtimes it might not be the ones you wanna hear. Stick around man! NIce to have you here!
    Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
    F.I.T. Corps

Banned

Thanks lilGiant. What my goals are is to stay focused and get into the routine of working out. Get things going smoothly and slowly make it my lifestyle.

They are called supplements hun.

Hello and welcome

This is the idea bro. Ease into, and you will slowly become addicted as the results come. Good luck to you!
    Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
    F.I.T. Corps

Spotter

Hey man, its nice to see some Canadians on the forum. As for the stack, looks solid bro, no matter what some of the negative clowns on this thread might tell ya. You got the basics, sure ya got a couple things that aren't really neccessary, but im sure they do more good then not being there still. Maybe switch one of those tubs for casein protein which you can take before bed to keep in an anabolic state. Remember tho, food is a real supplement, nothing works better then eating proper nutrition and alot of it!!!! take food over supplements anyday.

One more thing, i have used the same cheap ass creatine man!!!but dont knock it guys , it actually works well!! train hard, eat big!

Banned

I always choose food over supplements for my protein except after working out and my last meal. I'm very fond of beef patties with a small bit of bbq sauce and a big fan of blade steaks. I love chicken too. Not really all that big on tuna but I do like cod and halibut. Big on eggs, love turkey bacon, love whole wheat bread. I basically like everything except tomatoes, oatmeal, and I haven't tried cottage cheese yet.

The reason that people told you that the supplements that you were taking was rediculous was becuase you were taking creatin while taking a fat burner. That just doenst make any sense. You are filling your body full of water while the fat burner is trying to take the water/fat out. The protein, fish oil, creatine, and zma would be fine to take together and the fat burner would be ok if you were taking less then the dose and taking it for energy for workouts, however using a fat burner with a creatine is kind of pointless. That is likely what they were getting at man.

Banned

Ah, okay. I plan on going on a fat burner again so I won't use creatine at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Youngguns View Post
    No it's not. I stack my tupperware, plates, dishes, bowls, eating utensils. I stack boxes, papers, stereo equipment.

Sheesh. You can stack alot of things. Even that game Jenga. That's just a bunch of wood blocks stacked up...
    TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
    www.fitcorps.net

Well the problem that lies within taking creatine and a fat burner at the same time, is just that. It doesnt make any sense. You are basically taking two products that will counteract eachother to an extent. Basically the creatine molecule goes into the muscle cell and draws water in. When the cell expands it is now more capable of growth due to increased protein metabolization (creatien increases igf-1 levels and increases your muscles capacity to not only take more protein in and regenerate itself, but also produce more chemical compounds such as atp which allow you to train harder. ) Now you are taking this along with a fat burner which basically wants to incinerate the fat and water stores that you have in fatty and muscle cells. As you can see, this is highly counter productive because the creatine will be trying to swell your muscle cell, while the fat burner is trying to extract the water. You are basically paying 100 bucks for two supplements that wont do anything or very little for you.

Yes, please dont listen to Youngguns. If you follow him around, you will understand what lilGiant and I mean.

First of all, a stack is a stack of supplements or anabolics. *shrug*, no big mysticism there, it's just something that you place together for a synergistic effect.

Second, since you are a begginer, I wouldnt have sold you all that crap. In the begining, you need to let your body's natural process take you as far as it can. You will learn what it's limitations are a lot better that way. When you start out, your body pretty much makes amazing gains on it's own due to it trying to meet the demand of the new workload. Once you learn what your body needs help on, you can start adding supplements based on that knowledge.

At this point in time, all you need is Protein, a good multivitamin and a good diet. Let tha take you as far as it can. With the new muscle, your metabolism will start gearing up, and you will find that you can lose fat on your own. How much fat is totaly different for everyone, but you will lose some.

Once you hit a point where you're not making progress, or where you can see what it's capable of doing, start adding in the creatine and other supplements. Make a journal here in the journal section so we can see your progress and be able to guide you better.
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

man screw everyone who has a go at you! your just asking for advice
    welcome to this place and learn all you can

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast