Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 436 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Layne Norton

Default Layne Norton

I was just thinking that it would be a great idea to have Layne or someone with similar knowlegde/accomplishments have a thread, so that those of us that are natural have people to ask ?'s to. Layne if you would be willing to have a thread here, and if a mod would make this a sticky that would be great... Thanks.

-Jeff

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

i'm more than happy to answer questions, don't know if I deserve a sticky. Let's just see how much interest there is.
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Thumbs up

Layne that would be awesome...you have a accomplished so much in such a short time in Natural Bodybuilding definitly worthy of a sticky

Forum Leader: Performance, Nattie, Training bodyfx2's Avatar

LAYNE! LAYNE! LAYNE! LAYNE!
    CEO BBuilt International www.broserbuilt.com
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Talking

I have a couple questions for Layne:

1. What brand of glutamine do you recommend?

2. Are squats better than deadlifts?

3. What supplement will help me build muscle and lose fat?

4. Can I use all protein shakes instead of eating real food?

5. How many sit ups does it take to get a six pack?

Thank you in advance!

-D
    Heretic

Quote Originally Posted by Deserusan View Post

Thank you in advance!

-D
    LOL
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Alright... well i'll start up with some serious questions Layne.

I'm currently 6 weeks out from my contest... at about 2050 calories with roughly 50% being protein, and 25% from fat, and 25% from carbs. Should I just keep chipping away equally from fat and carbs... or cut back on one more than the other? And if I should... what meals should i cut the carbs out from (currently ingesting w/breakfast, pre&post workout).

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff

Made Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deserusan View Post

Thank you in advance!

-D
    same , i really wanna know what type of glutamine he uses also , we all know layne is a super huggeeee fan of glutamine , i hear sometimes when hes alone he has meals of just glutamine powder and water in a big bowl. imtalking like 100 grams a pop.

The guy knows his stuff...

One of the top dogs in Natural Bodybuilding...

chris

Timski also should have a thread. He has more natural BBing trophies on his mantel than Adonis has weird thoughts in his head! And THAT is saying something!
    NGA
    PRO BODYBUILDER
    PRRS/FDFS PIONEER

Quote Originally Posted by bbjeff86 View Post
    Alright... well i'll start up with some serious questions Layne.

I'm currently 6 weeks out from my contest... at about 2050 calories with roughly 50% being protein, and 25% from fat, and 25% from carbs. Should I just keep chipping away equally from fat and carbs... or cut back on one more than the other? And if I should... what meals should i cut the carbs out from (currently ingesting w/breakfast, pre&post workout).

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff
    Jeff,
    what is your weight right now. What is your bodyfat (approx)? How often are you doing cardio? How many weeks left til the show and how much weight loss have you been averaging/week?
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by chris250 View Post
    The guy knows his stuff...

One of the top dogs in Natural Bodybuilding...

chris
    thanks chris, extremely nice of you to say that. But right now i'm not a top dog; more like a lil' puppy in the world of pro natural bodybuilding. Hopefully I'll make it to the top one day, right now i'm taking it day by day workout by workout trying to improve to get there.

When does your contest season start this year?
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Layne,

Well Im considering you a top dawg, because you get in better conditioning than most guys in the NPC top level shows...My season, will start in June...At the Jr.Nationals...

chris

Why have you decided to stay a "natural" and NOT join the big league with "AAS" experimentation over your career thus far, Layne?

Did you feel like you couldn't cut it with the "big boys" no matter what AAS you took or was it something else?

How do you feel about those who take AAS and are at present rolling in four, five or six figure supplement contracts, when that could quite possibly have been you?

Finally, what feeling of displeasure and/or indignation, if any at all, do you hold against other bodybuilders who have elected to NOT pursue the route you chosen?

An honest detailed answer would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    Jeff,
    what is your weight right now. What is your bodyfat (approx)? How often are you doing cardio? How many weeks left til the show and how much weight loss have you been averaging/week?
    5 weeks 6 days out
    200lbs-current started at 225lbs
    averaging 2lbs per week
    I would say my bodyfat is in the 6-8% range
    Cardio is 40 min low intensity 4 days per week, and 15 min low intensity the reamainging 3 days ( i've tried to keep the cardio down this year... and so far it has helped me hold on to more muscle than ever before).

Thanks again man.

P.S. You gonna be at the Arnold expo at the primaforce booth?

-Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Grubrunner View Post
    Why have you decided to stay a "natural" and NOT join the big league with "AAS" experimentation over your career thus far, Layne?

Did you feel like you couldn't cut it with the "big boys" no matter what AAS you took or was it something else?

How do you feel about those who take AAS and are at present rolling in four, five or six figure supplement contracts, when that could quite possibly have been you?

Finally, what feeling of displeasure and/or indignation, if any at all, do you hold against other bodybuilders who have elected to NOT pursue the route you chosen?

An honest detailed answer would be appreciated.
    Well just because you don't know much about pro natural bodybuilding doesn't mean it's not the 'big leagues' as it is for natural bodybuilders. As to whether I could cut it or not with the top competitors if I took steroids... that is pure speculation and there is no way to know... so why bother speculating about it? why did I decide? Well I never really had to decide as to be honest I've never seriously considered using. to be honest it's just not for me. It's expensive, illegal, and when abused can be dangerous and like any drug it can be addicitive; not physically but certainly psycologically as I have seen this first hand. To me bodybuilding is a hobby, I love it and it's a big part of my life; but it's not my entire life. My goal was to be able to compete against the best in the world... now I can compete against the best natural bodybuilders in the world. What's wrong with that? I have absolutely NO ill will at those who choose to take steroids. None whatsoever. That is a personal choice, it is just not my choice. I have quite a few friends that use steroids; we get along fine. It's not 'the juicehead' vs. 'the snotty natural guy' like I said, bodybuilding is part of my life; not my entire life... why would I let it get in the way of having friendships with good people?

As far as people rolling in big time supplement contracts... six figure? lol. There might be a very very very small handful rolling in six figures. I know that most guys; even with companies say like MRM; a decent size company; are lucky to get maybe 20 grand a year. I'm not going to speculate but my guess is that may not be enough to cover their bill for the year for food, drugs, travel, etc. You may or may not know this but I am sponsored by scivation and I'm not going to discuss specifics but they take care of me. I've been in several of their ads, am a co-author on their new book, work at all the big trade shows; hell I get all my expenses covered (travel, hotel, food, transportation) to go to vegas and columbus, not too shabby of a deal. I may not be getting 20 grand per year; but I'm also not spending a chunk of that on anabolics. I also have all my travel, entry fees, and supplements covered for any contests I do as well as guest posing.

Again, I hold no ill will towards those who have chosen a different path; that's their choice. I'm not going to judge them for it. Hell I've watched the olympia the last few years as a fan, just as I watch every natural bodybuilding show as a fan. I enjoy going to local shows as much as big shows; I LOVE BODYBUILDING; just because i've chosen to compete in natural bodybuilding over IFBB bodybuilding does NOT mean I am not a fan of both. In the end bodybuilding is a personal endevor and you should be true to yourself and your motives. I have never had any desire to do steroids; I would never START doing them because I was jealous or felt jaded.

-Layne
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Perfect response!

Page 1 of 436 123456789101151101 ... LastLast