Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liver Support :: Protect that puppy!

Future

Default Liver Support :: Protect that puppy!

The following supplements are recommended for liver support while using gear, drinking alcohol, and/or taking oral medications known to cause liver damage over time. It is also good to use them to detoxify the system on a regular basis, even if you are not using gear, drinking alcohol, and/or taking oral medications known to cause liver damage over time.

Liver Support

Supplement Dosage Frequency
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Water 128+ ounces ED
    Drinking water is instrumental in detoxification. Water flushes toxins and waste from the body and transports nutrients to where they are needed.

Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) 1000 mg ED
    Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) is a natural anti-oxidant which has been used for years in Europe because of it's ability to help MAINTAIN AND RESTORE LIVER HEALTH. It's anti-oxidant capabilities are so ideal it has been called "a universal antioxidant" and has been used in the treatment of radiation and mushroom poisoning, alcoholic hepatitis, diabetes-related neuropathy and (most importantly) ELEVATED LIVER ENZYMES.

N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) 600-1000 mg ED
    N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) is the acetylated derivative of cysteine, a conditionally essential amino acid. For more information on cysteine, see the Product Summary for L-Cystine.

The availability of cysteine is believed to be rate-limiting for the synthesis of glutathione (GSH). GSH is the most abundant intracellular antioxidant. In addition to scavenging free radicals, GSH assists in keeping the active sulfhydryl (-SH) groups of cellular proteins (e.g., hormone receptors, enzymes) in a reduced state, necessary for proper functioning.

Milk Thistle (80% Silymarin) 600-1000 mg ED
    Milk thistle was named Silybum by Dioscorides in 100 AD for its large purple thistle-like flower heads. Since ancient times, the plant was valued for its nutritional and medicinal properties. By the Middle Ages the seed of the Milk Thistle was commonly used to treat liver diseases, to promote the flow of bile, and as a general tonic for the stomach, spleen, gallbladder, female organs, and liver.

Selenium 800 mcg ED
    Selenium works closely with Vitamin E as an antioxidant. It helps fight premature aging and hardening of the tissues through oxidation. Selenium helps with the male reproductive system.
    Note: Anything over 800 mcg/day is toxic!

Essential Forte is great stuff for the liver. The guy that recommend it to me (a pharmacist that has worked with bodybuilders) said to take 1 or 2, 3 times a day with meals. I started taking one, 3 times per day... but then got a hectic schedule and kept forgetting. So I started to take two, 2-3 times per day. I ended up cutting my liver enzymes by more than half while taking it. If your training hard, taking orals, or otherwise concerned about your liver, Essentiale Forte is a recommended dietary sup. It helped me quickly cut my liver enzymes by over half. After about 5-6 weeks of use during my last cycle, my values dropped from ALT 89 and AST 98, to ALT 35 and AST 39.

I live in the Middle East and throughout Asia and Africa there is a strong market for liver protectants due to the threat of Hepatitis... in many poor countries, getting Hep A is like getting the chicken pox in Western countries - everyone gets and usually beats it. Hep B is also prevalent but is not curable - so the person has to keep medicating themselves to protect their liver... they do some crazy shit sometimes to treat their liver... especially in the North African countries (one remedy recommends drinking camel piss!). But anyway, in these societies where liver health is a genuine concern, Essentiale Forte seems to be one the most recommended products by pharmacists - over Liv52. From my experience at least. I tried it and had great results, confirmed by blood work.

Drug name: Essential Forte

Active Ingredients: E and PP, Linoleic, Linolenic Oleic acid Vitamin B

Therapeutic actions: ESSENTIALE FORTE is an original combination of essential phospholipids, which are used in our bodies as building blocks for our cells. Special molecules called ENZYMES are able to uptake phospholipids from our diet and repair a damaged cellular membrane or build a new one. All enzymes in human bodies produced from vitamins and protein what we get with our food. ESSENTIALE FORTE combines phospholipids with a vitamin complex for the maximal therapeutic effect

Indications: Essential Forte is used to improve functionality of liver in cases of infectious and toxious diseases of the liver. Clinically proven to RE-BUILD the damaged liver's cells. adults 2 capsules 3 times a day. May be taken as prevention measures 1 capsule 3 times a day as fod supplement. Recomended course 1-2 month

Contraindications and cautions: There are no known contradictions but you should consult your doctor before taking Essentiale.

Adverse effects: Because ESSENTIALE is 100% natural, it is also completely side-effect free.

Interactions: Tell your doctor or pharmacist what medicines you are already taking, including those bought without a prescription and herbal medicines, before you start treatment with this medicine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	liver_0002.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	107274  

why not cycle support?

Barbarian

What about SAMe heard at 400mg daily is good for liver regeneration and protection?

Spotter

liverfix from Myogenix seems pretty comprehensive and has all the ingredients mentioned above....should liver support be used as a daily supplement, or should it be used maybe, every month?

Quote Originally Posted by aminopopper View Post
    liverfix from Myogenix seems pretty comprehensive and has all the ingredients mentioned above....should liver support be used as a daily supplement, or should it be used maybe, every month?
    How often do you drink, use meds, or use orals/harsh steroids?
    PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Spotter

i dont drink or take any meds...ill probably use a ph once every 4 months....should i use a liver support when im on a ph?

i dont drink or take any meds...ill probably use a ph once every 4 months....should i use a liver support when im on a ph?
    I would say yes, especially if running methylated Ph's. Im stocking up on Liver Juice from Primordial Performance right now. Its supposed to be the best thing out right now for your liver. And its priced very well.

/\ If milk thistle even works, lol. Some feel it doesn't... I say NAC or alpha lipoic acid first, MT second. I heard a DR recommend ALA and NAC for the liver, but he didn't even mention MT.

You can, or you can only use it before and after. Some feel it takes away from the strength to use while on. A healthier liver is a more functional liver. Liver's job is to filter shit out, but I say it's BS. If it's true it's not noticeable.

Taking care of your liver is important, but the liver is also incredibly strong and can take a serious beating. As long as it's not pushed too far it will repair itself with no supps at all.

What's more important than live support is lipid support. This is the shit that is bad for your heart and can cause you to have a heart attack/stroke. Orals fuck your lipids up. Good cholesterol goes down, bad cholesterol goes up. Sometimes like crazy especially with something like superdrol.

For this take 4-6 grams of fish oil ED, and atleast 200mgs of niacin. Do not get the flush free version though. NOW foods has a 500mg niacin tab that is sustained release to help with the flush. Flush free is fake niacin from what I've heard.

Also eating helthy and doing cardio will help with your lipids.

Spotter

thanks for the info guys

Beach Body

Should one take ALA, NAC, MT, & Selenium all at the same time, or will one or two of them only do the job?

Personally I take NAC. If anything take ALA as well..... MT is realy up in the air if it works at all.

Beach Body

Well so much for this PP liver support haha, that's cool though because it is much less expensive to just get the Now Foods NAC, ALA anyhow.

Beach Body

Just picked up some ALA today, gonna start out at 600mg/day and go up from there.

Beach Body

Word of warning about the above recommended dosage of ALA. I would not recommend anyone begin dosage at 1000mg per day. In fact, I have yet to find a study which suggests such a high dosage, and taking about half that dosage per day gave me nausea and severe uncomfortable feelings for several hours. Start at 100-200 once or twice per day, and look into increasing the dosage if you want to, but be respectful of this supplement it can be punishing.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    The following supplements are recommended for liver support while using gear, drinking alcohol, and/or taking oral medications known to cause liver damage over time. It is also good to use them to detoxify the system on a regular basis, even if you are not using gear, drinking alcohol, and/or taking oral medications known to cause liver damage over time.

Liver Support

Supplement Dosage Frequency
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Water 128+ ounces ED
    Drinking water is instrumental in detoxification. Water flushes toxins and waste from the body and transports nutrients to where they are needed.

Alpha Lipoic Acid (ALA) 1000 mg ED
    Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) is a natural anti-oxidant which has been used for years in Europe because of it's ability to help MAINTAIN AND RESTORE LIVER HEALTH. It's anti-oxidant capabilities are so ideal it has been called "a universal antioxidant" and has been used in the treatment of radiation and mushroom poisoning, alcoholic hepatitis, diabetes-related neuropathy and (most importantly) ELEVATED LIVER ENZYMES.

N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) 600-1000 mg ED
    N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) is the acetylated derivative of cysteine, a conditionally essential amino acid. For more information on cysteine, see the Product Summary for L-Cystine.

The availability of cysteine is believed to be rate-limiting for the synthesis of glutathione (GSH). GSH is the most abundant intracellular antioxidant. In addition to scavenging free radicals, GSH assists in keeping the active sulfhydryl (-SH) groups of cellular proteins (e.g., hormone receptors, enzymes) in a reduced state, necessary for proper functioning.

Milk Thistle (80% Silymarin) 600-1000 mg ED
    Milk thistle was named Silybum by Dioscorides in 100 AD for its large purple thistle-like flower heads. Since ancient times, the plant was valued for its nutritional and medicinal properties. By the Middle Ages the seed of the Milk Thistle was commonly used to treat liver diseases, to promote the flow of bile, and as a general tonic for the stomach, spleen, gallbladder, female organs, and liver.

Selenium 800 mcg ED
    Selenium works closely with Vitamin E as an antioxidant. It helps fight premature aging and hardening of the tissues through oxidation. Selenium helps with the male reproductive system.
    Note: Anything over 800 mcg/day is toxic!

LIVER CARE AKA LIV-52 !!! type Liv-52 into google!! drops my liver level next to nothing!

what about liver stabil by molecular nutrition is this a good product to use for somebody taking oral AAS and occasionally some pain med

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast