Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kid dies because of XBOX 360

Banned

Question Kid dies because of XBOX 360

Teenager found dead after dispute with parents over Xbox

Sophie Tedmanson
    A teenage boy who ran away from home last month after his Xbox was confiscated has been found dead in Canada.
    Brandon Crisp, 15, went missing on October 14 after his father forbade him from playing his video game console after becoming concerned about the teenager’s obsession with the online game Call of Duty 4.
    Steve Crisp said he removed the Xbox 360 after his son’s behaviour began to change. He said Brandon’s grades were slipping, he had started skipping school and stealing money.
    Brandon fled his home on his bicycle and was last seen in a popular hiking and cycling path near Barrie, Ontario, north of Toronto.

A local newspaper and Xbox creators Microsoft offered a $C50,000 reward (27,000pounds) and 1600 volunteers searched the local area, but all they found was his abandoned bicycle with a flat tyre.
    Brandon’s body was found by hunters in a cornfield on Wednesday.
    In an interview with Canada’s Globe and Mail, Mr Crisp said he had not known how important the gaming system was to his son or how he would react when it was taken away.
    He warned other parents to be wary of how obsessive children can get with video games. Experts commented that gamers may form bonds with fellow online players, and Brandon’s parents said they were concerned he may have been lured away.
    "This had become his identity, and I didn't realize how in-depth this was until I took his Xbox away," Mr Crisp told the Globe and Mail. "That's like cutting his legs off."
    "This is such an issue that hits every parent out there, with video games that are starting to control our kids' lives," he said.
    "I just took away his identity, so I can understand why he got so mad and took off. Before, I couldn't understand why he was taking off for taking his game away."
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5095138.ece
    http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/110125
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...ad-996510.html

Sorry, but this TEENAGER is fucking stupid. The fact that MICROSOFT gave money to look for him is fucking DUMB. The kid was dumb, plain and simple.

"In the east of Canada, born and raised,
    On the Xbox was where I spent most of my days.
    Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' with the door locked,
    All shootin' some Iraqis in CoD4.

When a couple of parents who were up to no good,
    Started making trouble up in ma hood.
    We got in one little fight and my mom got scared,
    She said, "We're movin' your Xbox 360 downstairs!"

I begged and pleaded with her for a day,
    But she packed up the console and sent me on my way.
    With no Iraqis to kill and no clan wars ma' guild,
    I left the house and said, "Imma' die irl."

I looked for my bike and when I came near,
    The tire was flat and it was missing a gear.
    If anything I could say that this bike was rare,
    But I thought, "Nah forget it" - "Yo homes get out of there!"

I pulled up to the road over 9000 or 8,
    And I yelled to my 'rents, "Yo hommes, smell ya later!"
    I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there...
    To die in the field, as the Prince of CoD 4ir." lol
    Last edited by Dark Knight; November 6th, 2008 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Links to news sources.

LOL. i play COD4. great game
    "Feel ill as fuck - not sure if it is protein powder or tren?"-bigdog123

I bet his death is a lie so you could put up your rap about xbox 360 lol
    guess what ill crack your fukin head open again coz im stupid.

Natural Selection at work...
    -If you're good at something, never do it for free.-

It's sad when children have no consequences for their behavior, but it's even worse when children are defiant and won't accept the consequence that has been offered by a responsible and caring parent.

This kid, unfortunately, paid the ultimate price for his poor choices.
    IronMagLabs Inc. 15% Off Code = Curt15

Quote Originally Posted by DT5 View Post
    LOL. i play COD4. great game
    Double-check the inflation on your bicycle tires or, you know.

Quote Originally Posted by curtjames View Post
    It's sad when children have no consequences for their behavior, but it's even worse when children are defiant and won't accept the consequence that has been offered by a responsible and caring parent.

This kid, unfortunately, paid the ultimate price for his poor choices.
    Agreed. I drove the SPed vans...in particular the kids that needed to go to 'lock up' due to their defiant behavior. In many cases those kids were allowed free rein for too long and when they had to finally pay the consequences for bad behavior they were in shock.

Many kids need a shock.

My shock was the U.S. Navy. Life was pretty much a joke until I joined the service. Then the consequences for being a doofus hit home. It was a good thing that I worked part of the time in personnel. I got to see what happened to idiots who couldn't play by the rules.

Learning vicariously is a lot better than losing your own stripes and being restricted to the ship, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by curtjames View Post
    Many kids need a shock.

My shock was the U.S. Navy. Life was pretty much a joke until I joined the service. Then the consequences for being a doofus hit home. It was a good thing that I worked part of the time in personnel. I got to see what happened to idiots who couldn't play by the rules.

Learning vicariously is a lot better than losing your own stripes and being restricted to the ship, etc.
    Amen.

Banned

running away in the cold gets you a nice frozen treat!
    FROZEN DEATH.
    lol photoshop

Lol. What a weirdo. Remember that asian kid that killed his family over a cancelled W.O.W. account?
    Somebody put somethin' in my drink.

Amateur Threat

That kid didn't die because of his X-Box 360, that kid died because years of bad parenting made him think he was in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikerrjones View Post
    That kid didn't die because of his X-Box 360, that kid died because years of bad parenting made him think he was in charge.
    Actually it sound like he's dead because of good parenting. Bad parenting would have allowed him to continue playing the game despite his poor grades.

Do you have children? My son is 14 and I routinely take his game away for periods at a time. Those things are a serious time sucker and these kids DO obsess over them. I actually found him talking to himself in his sleep one time going over Call of Duty strategy. That's when I kick him out of the house and force him to get some sunshine.

I truly think online gaming is awesome and don't discourage our kids from participating but we put time limits on it. Generally I won't let them go for more than a few hours at a clip. They have to learn balance.

JUST NUTS

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RJP View Post
    Actually it sound like he's dead because of good parenting. Bad parenting would have allowed him to continue playing the game despite his poor grades.

Do you have children? My son is 14 and I routinely take his game away for periods at a time. Those things are a serious time sucker and these kids DO obsess over them. I actually found him talking to himself in his sleep one time going over Call of Duty strategy. That's when I kick him out of the house and force him to get some sunshine.

I truly think online gaming is awesome and don't discourage our kids from participating but we put time limits on it. Generally I won't let them go for more than a few hours at a clip. They have to learn balance.
    My parents did the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by AnabolLecter75 View Post
    Natural Selection at work...
    X2.
    Its impossible for a guy of my stature intelligence and moral fibre to befriend a guy like orstki who is a slimey rodent like person

Quote Originally Posted by RJP View Post

That is what we did. Time limits. They also had to have their school work done (keep their grades up) and their chores done. My kids were one of the rare few that had chores to do.

And I often kicked my kids outside on a good day. We have a huge yard and all the kids in the neighborhood used to come to our place to have their ball games.

I feel badly that it went so badly for that family. That father saw a problem and took a stance. His kid chose to react with drama and paid dearly for it.

It's not uncommon for a kid to 'run away' when pissed off at mom and dad. I did it, my middle brother did and my middle son did. In all cases we didn't go far, but we were trying to 'take a stand'. All three of us failed in taking those stances (We didn't get exactly what we wanted.)...but for all three of us compromise was eventually met because in my case and my brother's my mom realized she needed to listen to us a bit more closely. In my son's case I remembered why I had 'run away' on my mom and realized that I had to come to a compromise with him.

(BTW...for the curious. I ran away because my mom kept making me eat potatoes every night and they made me sick to my stomach and gave me muscle cramps. She cut my nightly portion in half after I ran away. Years later, my daughter and I cannot eat potatoes as we both get muscle cramps. There is solanine (sp) in the potatoes that we are sensitive to. My mom felt like a total wretch when she figured out that all those years I had not been faking my stomach aches and cramps after eating potato.)

In my son's case...he had been getting attacked in school because of his size and family name. He was frustrated with me and the school because even though I kept putting in reports the kids responsible were not being disciplined and I would not allow him to fight back even though he was quite capable of defending himself. I pulled him to home school him at the end of that school year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast