Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What are the prospects for the future of the US economy?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • The US economy will rebound within 5 years

36 46.15%
  • It stay in decline and alter our lives permanently

23 29.49%
  • We don't have enough information, yet.

19 24.36%
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Economy Thread

The futures for the US market are down 5% all over.

Monday might bring to interesting news from the markets.

Enjoy.

GeorgeForemanRules

The US standard of living has been going down for 90% of Americans since the late 1960's.....so this thread makes no sense to those who are educated.

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules View Post
    The US standard of living has been going down for 90% of Americans since the late 1960's.....so this thread makes no sense to those who are educated.
    Agreed on the first part, FR.

But on the second part, I want as many Americans to KNOW.

Knowledge = power.

At least the power to know. Changing things? That will be hard. But knowing is key.

Quote Originally Posted by sargent View Post
    Agreed on the first part, FR.

But on the second part, I want as many Americans to KNOW.

Knowledge = power.

At least the power to know. Changing things? That will be hard. But knowing is key.
    What do you want Americans to know that they don't already know?
    That their financial viability is determined by the top economic class, corporations and the politicians that they have bought out?
    That they are made into consumer debt slaves, in-order to increase the wealth of the elite listed above?
    That the elite for years has been waging Reaganomic capital transfer class warfare on the lower economic classes.
    This is not new news.

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules View Post
    Yes and no. Even ghetto dwellers have flat screen tvs while living in a shack and driving a $50,000 escalade. It's as much an Americans are idiots who don't know how to save money problem as anything else. Every asshole in this country lives off of credit because they "need" a ps3 or flat screen or shiny rims. The only debt we have is our mortgage and funny enough we are living off of my wife's income while I am in school comfortably.

The big problem with America is that at some point it became OK to be in a shit load of debt.

Quote Originally Posted by kezef76 View Post
    Yes and no. Even ghetto dwellers have flat screen tvs while living in a shack and driving a $50,000 escalade. It's as much an Americans are idiots who don't know how to save money problem as anything else. Every asshole in this country lives off of credit because they "need" a ps3 or flat screen or shiny rims. The only debt we have is our mortgage and funny enough we are living off of my wife's income while I am in school comfortably.

The big problem with America is that at some point it became OK to be in a shit load of debt.
    How many "ghetto dwellers" that you personally know, are driving 50k escalades.

Quote Originally Posted by DBowden View Post
    While not "ghetto dwellers", I do personally know more people than not that are simply living beyond their means and have significant debt whether it's credit card, mortgage, car, etc. I think that was the point. The last generation or two has simply over-extended themselves to buy things the previous generation simply wouldn't. They're not buying necessities on credit but luxuries.

I guess you can argue that businesses pushed credit cards on the public by making them easier to obtain but in the end we all are responsible for our own personal finances. Too many people are trying to keep up with the Jones rather than spending only what they can afford and too many people are trying to blame "the man" rather than looking inward.

Quote Originally Posted by DBowden View Post
    When I lived in the Phoenix area it was not uncommon to see $50k vehicles parked in front of shacks. Don't know any personally because that is not the type of person (moron) I associate with.

Quote Originally Posted by RJP View Post
    While not "ghetto dwellers", I do personally know more people than not that are simply living beyond their means and have significant debt whether it's credit card, mortgage, car, etc. I think that was the point. The last generation or two has simply over-extended themselves to buy things the previous generation simply wouldn't. They're not buying necessities on credit but luxuries.

I guess you can argue that businesses pushed credit cards on the public by making them easier to obtain but in the end we all are responsible for our own personal finances. Too many people are trying to keep up with the Jones rather than spending only what they can afford and too many people are trying to blame "the man" rather than looking inward.
    He's splitting hairs. He knows what I meant.

Quote Originally Posted by kezef76 View Post
    When I lived in the Phoenix area it was not uncommon to see $50k vehicles parked in front of shacks. Don't know any personally because that is not the type of person (moron) I associate with.
    Amen!

The Federal Reserve is Engineering the Economic Collapse

Quetzalcoatl

Good job starting this thread sargent.
    Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by GSXR1000 View Post
    Good job starting this thread sargent.
    Thanks for the Atta Boy, GSX.

I'll be adding more snippets of articles and brief youtube interviews from the likes of

Peter Schiff, Jim Rogers, Nouriel Roubini, Ron Paul, and others.

This topic does affect almost all of us.

Here is Peter Schiff and Art Laffer having a debate about the US economy in August of 2006.

Over 2 years ago (and even 7 years ago) Peter Schiff was predicting serious problems in the US economy for several reasons.

Art Laffer is a Supply-Sider who invented the famous (or infamous) "Laffer Curve" in a Washington D.C. bar on a napkin.

And look who's turned out to be spot on. This is one reason why I listen to Schiff when he speaks, today.

Excellent.

I just want to stamp FAIL on the foreheads of all those people who were laughing and oposing Peter.

Although they pretty much did it themselves.
    Quetzalcoatl

Were not going to come out of this Financial Mess until the US Gov't starts reducing the National Debt. Only way that is going to happen is across the board spending Cuts in all areas of Government and use those savings to pay down the debt.

That ain't gonna happen though so were basically fucked until then

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast