Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What are the prospects for the future of the US economy?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • The US economy will rebound within 5 years

36 48.00%
  • It stay in decline and alter our lives permanently

21 28.00%
  • We don't have enough information, yet.

18 24.00%
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354

Thread: The Economy Thread

Sept. Jobs Report Confirms Weakening Labor Market

http://youtu.be/aVp8fJaQS-M
    -Mater

Yup. that 4-letter word: J.O.B.S.

Food service workers at a record high in US economy: Record percent of Americans now employed in food services as a share of total employment coupled with peak food stamp usage.

One of biggest contributors to jobs over the last few years has come from the low-wagefood service sector. A record 7.6 percent of Americans now work in food services and drinking places. Given that we have 47+ million Americans on food stamps and this figure has boomed in the last decade, it should come as no surprise that as Abraham Maslow would have it, people are reverting to the basic necessities of life. Yet there is a larger story of our economic recovery. There was a McDonald’s hiring a cashier but looking for someone with a college degree. Welcome to the low wage recovery. A large part of America is simply trying to get by and this population is growing. Those that frequent financial sites on the net are probably a very small part of the overall population. So I know it comes as a surprise to some readers when they realize the per capita wage in the US is $26,000. I’m sure this record percent of Americans in the food services industry must come as a shock as well.Record employment in food servicesThe record figures regarding food service employment doesn’t surprise me. The growth has been steady for the last few decades:

http://www.mybudget360.com/food-serv...omic-recovery/

Not gloom and doom. Just want to keep this topic alive.

U.S. Economic Outlook 2016

Earnings and revenue growth for the S&P 500 companies have been contracting for months and this makes it crystal clear that the economy is in trouble.
    Going into 2016, I remain pessimistic about the U.S. economy. I see recessionary pressures building up. I see the stock market (a leading indicator) having spent all of 2015 putting in a major market top—thus telling us that’s it for the U.S. economy.
    http://www.profitconfidential.com/ec...r-the-economy/

Mass Monster GeorgeForemanRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeHearts View Post
    Did georgeforemanrules also die ? I thought I saw something that said he did. I suppose a lot has changed since I have been around. California has been great
    Love it when losers quote my name. Took me over a year and a half to see this, have no idea if this loser even posts here anymore.

CA has been great? LMOA.

CA is a shit hole and it gets worse every year.
    Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

Not gloom & doom but perhaps another cycle downward. According to to the textbook definition of 2 consecutive quarters of negative GDP grown defining a "recession," the majority of Americans have never recovered by the Great Recession that started in 2007.

The retail dip may signal less consumer spending or perhaps it's the switch to online buying.

Retail Sales in U.S. Decrease to End Weakest Year Since 2009

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ear-since-2009

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    Love it when losers quote my name. Took me over a year and a half to see this, have no idea if this loser even posts here anymore.

CA has been great? LMOA.

CA is a shit hole and it gets worse every year.
    Yeah, I have not seen Chrome here for a very long time (at least not in this section).

My parents recently went to SoCal for holiday after not being there for decades and they it was "sad" and just not a good change from years ago. (I think we've all felt the same away about that.)

An update from Gerald. Oneo of them is "too big to Jail."

Schiff, Jan 26, 2016:

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354