Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Q&A with IFBB Pro Guy Cisternino

Quote Originally Posted by rtricky32 View Post
    I am having a cheat meal once a week, and it usually is Taco Bell and I am going pretty heavy... maybe too heavy... 15 bucks worth. or Pizza with a sub and some diet coke. Once in awhile with all honesty I eat a protein bar if I am tight for time, but never miss my eggs, chicken, or red meat meal...sometimes 2 bars a day thanks a lot guy
    Instead of eating that shit GO OUT and eat a real meal, get a small appetizer, dinner, and if you want a SMALL dessert..It's a cheat meal you should feel like death when your done..stay away from that shit your eating, that def isn't helping your case, with all that fake meat and sodium....I usually got sushi and ate a candy bar or a few brownies, thats it..
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

Dedicated Noob

Thanks a lot man... I will def put that in effect starting tomorrow AM

Let me know bro...good luck, youll be fine..just take the meds for pain, my shoulder was killing me the first day/night
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

Guy when you take a break from lifting do you eat the same diet or eat the typical palumbo style diet with little carbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shulk View Post
    Guy when you take a break from lifting do you eat the same diet or eat the typical palumbo style diet with little carbs?
    Instead of consuming 8 meals Ill back it down to about 6 and only eat carbs my first 4 meals...Even thoughwe as bodybuilders have a lot of muscle on our frame, eating too many calories and not burning any is going to lead to fat storage...So when I had surgery last year I still ate my protein like usual, but dropped my carbs down...And plus it gives your liver a break so it doesn't have to process all the food for a few weeks when your resting...

On the days were you don't train, do you still consume eight meals a day (from your off-season diet).
    Do you have your pre and post workout shakes with the waxy maize in anyways? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DaTop View Post
    On the days were you don't train, do you still consume eight meals a day (from your off-season diet).
    Do you have your pre and post workout shakes with the waxy maize in anyways? Thanks.
    On the days I don't train it's either 6 or 7...Depends on what time I get up...If I get up early Ill get 7 in if I sleep later I can get 6 in...I only have the waxy maize on the days I workout so only 5 times a week...

Guy I am just curious about your diet on speciesnutrition.com. As your last meal you sometimes eat isolyze and carbolyze. Is this to restore glycogen after tough workouts or is it just something that works for you. Also in the offseason do you have one or two cheat meals?

on your training split it says you workout shoulders and hamstrings. I want to bring up my hamstrings this year so I am thinking of following a similar split...what exercises do you do besides leg curls and straight leg deads for hamstrings?

Guy I am just curious about your diet on speciesnutrition.com. As your last meal you sometimes eat isolyze and carbolyze. Is this to restore glycogen after tough workouts or is it just something that works for you. Also in the offseason do you have one or two cheat meals?
    that depends sometimes on when I workout and if I need to eat some extra carbs...As for cheat meals I do one...dave wants 2 per week, but I know my body and I tend to get soft if I eat too much shit, so I eat very clean in the offseason..

on your training split it says you workout shoulders and hamstrings. I want to bring up my hamstrings this year so I am thinking of following a similar split...what exercises do you do besides leg curls and straight leg deads for hamstrings?
    Ill do
    lying hamstring curls 3-4 sets
    stiff leg dead lifts -with db or barbell 3-4 sets
    standing one leg ham string curls 3-4 sets or seated hamstring curls

But mix it up do drop sets, super sets, giant sets, thats were you really just force blood into the muscle to expand the facia to make the muscles grow...I have been doing some FST-7 lately and I love it...Try that out and see how it works, talk about a pump..Last week after shoulders this is what I did for hams
    Lying hamstring curls-3 sets 10-12 reps no more than 1 minute break
    stiff Leg barbell deads-3 sets 10-12 reps no more than 1 minute break
    setated hamstring curls-7 sets 12-15 reps no more than 30 sec break
    ***Your hams will be on FIRE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thaAtrain View Post
    hi guy, back from surgery. they performed a "bankart repair", which hopefully means the shoulder should b stable now. ill b in a slng for 3-4 weeks. the sutures come out in 2. and they say i can do weight bearing movements in 3 months!!! which sucks, but wots 3 mths in life eh? the positive is that ill b sooo antsy that bt the time im back in the gym ill tear it up. i know we boht had labrum tears, but u were only out 4 a mth. whas that docs orders, or did u start back ahead of time?
    Well, according to Dave he was doing Legs and forearms and some bis and tris that week he was done...I didn't want to mess anything up the doc said I can do what I want as long as it didn't hurt, He told me to stay out 2 months but I started back up after a month and didn't go nuts VERY VERY light and controld motions...but after a month I was steadily increasing the wieght again..You're going to find the hardest thing to do is chest..shoulders is actually not back the motion from pressing with bench and flys is a bitch because it's an unnatural motion for your body to perform...Just take it easy..back down your calories on what you're eating for a month, and make sure you doing some self rehab stuff..Recovery is important...get well soon bro

Guy, for quads what do you hit besides leg extensions an squats?

Guy, for quads what do you hit besides leg extensions an squats?
    Yesterday for Quads this is what I did..Like I said Im trying out the fst 7 workout so this is what it looked like
    2 warm up sets with extensions
    squats-3 sets for 10-12
    leg press-3 sets for 10-12
    leg extensions-3 sets 10-15
    power squats-7 sets 12-15 reps...

Sometimes Ill do 8 sets of squats, or superset my workout, or do a lot of drop sets, but besides those I like hacks and lunges, Ill throw front squats in once a month to hit more of the quads..but thats what I normall do

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Cisternino View Post
    Instead of consuming 8 meals Ill back it down to about 6 and only eat carbs my first 4 meals...Even thoughwe as bodybuilders have a lot of muscle on our frame, eating too many calories and not burning any is going to lead to fat storage...So when I had surgery last year I still ate my protein like usual, but dropped my carbs down...And plus it gives your liver a break so it doesn't have to process all the food for a few weeks when your resting...
    Don't let him BS you! Since hanging out with me I got Guy on the real get big fast plan. Chocolate cake babi! How do you think I stay so lean all the time. LOL JK. Guy stays true to his eating clean and solid about 90% of the time, I've tried to convert him to the Dark Side....but he won't budge...

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Cisternino View Post
    These pics were taken yesterday after I did chest and 30 min of cardio...I was around 207ish...

Come on you freak! Eat a little bit and be happy........chocolate cake!

HEY GUY I KNOW YOU EAT VENISON BUT HOW MANY HAVE YOU KILLED THIS YEAR.I'M TAKING A WHOLE WEEK OFF WORK NEXT WEEK AND GOING TO SWEET HOME ALABAMA AND DEER HUNT ALL WEEK.

Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast