Thread: Q&A with IFBB Pro Guy Cisternino

guy when you say POWER SQUATS for your 7 sets on leg day
    can you please describe a power squat?
    thank bro

Quote Originally Posted by kreilly1656 View Post
    guy when you say POWER SQUATS for your 7 sets on leg day
    can you please describe a power squat?
    thank bro
    I don't always do power squats, I started training at a new gym in jersey its a Golds in Tetorboro, and they have a power squat machine..Its like a hack sqaut except you are looking at the machine and your feet are on a decline whereas on a hack squat you are facing away from the machine and you feet are on an incline...It's a good change, hacks beat my knees up and power squats are nice and smooth..PJ and myself use to do them all the time when we trained together when I was living in CT, but I haven't done them in so long I had to hit up that machine when I was there...If I can find a pick Ill post it on here
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

Beach Body

Hey Guy
    Just wondering, what kind of full body workouts do you do?? I'm searching for a Full body workout for tomorrow. My training split has sbeen a lil crazy this week. But I'm back next week.

I guess one movement per body part. type of workout to limit the time overall in the gym.

thanks Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_hardy View Post
    Hey Guy
    Just wondering, what kind of full body workouts do you do?? I'm searching for a Full body workout for tomorrow. My training split has sbeen a lil crazy this week. But I'm back next week.

I guess one movement per body part. type of workout to limit the time overall in the gym.

thanks Guy
    I am assuming legs not included but this is what I would do

Flat Barbell Bench 3 sets x failure
    Incline Flys 3 sets x failure
    Tricep pushdowns 4 sets x failure last set drop set
    Lat pull downs 3 sets x failure
    Under hand barbell rows 3 sets x failure
    Preacher or Barbell curls 4 sets x failure last set drop set
    DB shoulder Press 3 sets x failure
    Cable lateral raises 1 set x failure
    Cable front raises 1 set x failure

Thats what I would do if I needed to get a full body in, going to failure is just pumping a ton of blood into the muscle, and thats the order I would do becasue chest then tri's the tri's are pre exausted same thing with back and bis, and end with shoulders.
    Guy
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

MARCO

guy I wanted to ask you,in these pictures that you post 3 weeks after the nationals you said your weight is 207 and in the video in the trenches you were 185...am interested how you gain that much weigt in 3 weeks,it`s not all fat of course but I ask you that cause every bodybuilder I see only couple weeks after the competition they are already gained around 20 pounds,why this happen??...isn`t for someone a better way to start let`s say from that competition weight to slowly add calories and start their offseason...and this 20 pounds would be gained in couple months not couple weeks...what do you think??thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MARCO View Post
    guy I wanted to ask you,in these pictures that you post 3 weeks after the nationals you said your weight is 207 and in the video in the trenches you were 185...am interested how you gain that much weigt in 3 weeks,it`s not all fat of course but I ask you that cause every bodybuilder I see only couple weeks after the competition they are already gained around 20 pounds,why this happen??...isn`t for someone a better way to start let`s say from that competition weight to slowly add calories and start their offseason...and this 20 pounds would be gained in couple months not couple weeks...what do you think??thanks
    Marco, actually it's impossible not to gain any weight after a show..depending on what diet you do depends on how much you gain..in my case with Daves ketogenic diet and not eating any carbs for 16 weeks, eating any carbs will cause you to gain wieght...and the day of the show I was 176, dehydrated and very depleted...so add back in fluids, clean protein and carbs, your gaining 20lbs without a doubt...when your that lean it's very unhealthy and your body holds onto all the nutrients it hasn't had while dieting...ITS IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO REBOUND...

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Hey Guy who was your first hands on mentor in bodybuilding? And what is the MOST IMPORTANT lesson that you have learned about bodybuilding? Also GREAT JOB on this thread you take alot of time to GIVE back to the sport!

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Hey Guy who was your first hands on mentor in bodybuilding? And what is the MOST IMPORTANT lesson that you have learned about bodybuilding? Also GREAT JOB on this thread you take alot of time to GIVE back to the sport!
    MAYOR!!! first off check you pm I got back to you....my first hands on mentor was a guy named Steve Papas who was Mr. North NJ and won some other titles he helped me for my first show which was a NABBA WV Championships, I won but after that he stopped working at the gym wheree I was working out then never heard from him again. But since then I had many people mentor or more so point me in the right direction since then. My boys Evan, PJ, Kris, and Dom, I consider mentors in a way because they all have been by side helping me out. But Dave has had a major impact in my life as well and will contiue to be one throughout my pro carrer. But I also have to say the biggest mentor has been my father and mother, although they didn't know a lot about bodybuilding and what I was trying to accomplish they always were there supporting me and making sure I stayed on track and foucsed...My father would always call me every day and ask how I was and if he knew I was miserable or tired he would always say or do something to make sure I never strayed off my path of focus..The most important lesson that I have learned is that..YOU CAN ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT...I never thought I would be a pro body builder that's something I had always dreamed about but I never gave up..I'll be the first to admit my genetics for bb aren't good, but you play with the cards youre delt, and work with what God gave you.,..I was also told I would never start HS football or make it to play in college and I did all of that. But another important one is that when you're a bb you have to know that we are not the normal ones, so you have to kow how to sperate bb with your normal life. You still have to make time for freinds, family, and girl friends..It can be a very selfish sport but it's up to you to make itas un egotisical as possible. I always made time, although I lost relationships with girls bc of it, I never lost focus of who I am and my morals...

Spotter

Default sets

guy how many sets do you do per bodypart and how many are to failure.

5 whole eggs, 1 cup oats, 1 tbsp oil, 1 scoop Isolyze, in a blender..PROTEIN PANCAKE

HEY BRO WHAT OIL YOU USING , I HAVE OLIVE OIL ?????

how about i little honey ??

LOOKS COOL IM GOING TO START DOING THIS for 1 MEAL
    you know why you are training, if you dont get out !

Quote Originally Posted by tornquad2 View Post
    guy how many sets do you do per bodypart and how many are to failure.
    Chest, Back, Quads, Shoulders any where from 15-20 NO LESS than 15...

Bis, Tri, Calves around 10-12

Failure depends on what I am doing that day but if I am doing failure it's usually the last set and Ill do it for every exersice. Pumps a ton of blood into the muslce and gives you a great pump...But some days I won't do any failure Ill do maybe some drop sets or supersets...
    hope this helps bro

Quote Originally Posted by BGOO101 View Post
    5 whole eggs, 1 cup oats, 1 tbsp oil, 1 scoop Isolyze, in a blender..PROTEIN PANCAKE

HEY BRO WHAT OIL YOU USING , I HAVE OLIVE OIL ?????

how about i little honey ??

LOOKS COOL IM GOING TO START DOING THIS for 1 MEAL

Olive oil is fine but mac nut oil gives it a little nutty taste...but try this instead of the 1 cup of oats do 1/2 oats and 1/2 cooked yam, makes it nice and thick...I use sf syrup or honey which ever is fine..tastes awesome though

Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Cisternino View Post
    Olive oil is fine but mac nut oil gives it a little nutty taste...but try this instead of the 1 cup of oats do 1/2 oats and 1/2 cooked yam, makes it nice and thick...I use sf syrup or honey which ever is fine..tastes awesome though

Guy
    im assuming you use the vanilla flavor izolize for the pancakes, but have you ever tried it with chocolate/strawberry flavor? haha just curious...

Quote Originally Posted by krn-gookx891 View Post
    im assuming you use the vanilla flavor izolize for the pancakes, but have you ever tried it with chocolate/strawberry flavor? haha just curious...
    Actually I only use the Chocolate...lol

Guy, Is there a reason why you only take two testolyze?

Beach Body

Hey Guy
    I was curious, what kind of music do you have on your Ipod / MP3 ??

Page 12 of 79 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast