Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Q&A with IFBB Pro Guy Cisternino

Quote Originally Posted by phillipgtac22 View Post
    guy is there a certain way you prepare the venison?
    sautee some mushrooms and onions with a little olive oil in a pan...if you don't make it right it can tast very gamey...Venison is great and much leaner than beef..
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

Quote Originally Posted by blahzay128 View Post
    Guy,

Congrats on your achievement...You've got a physique that I aspire to have.

How long have you been using the 'Palumbo' diet for contest prep? When did you start the diet for nationals?

What was the progression of your cardio (did you start at 30 mins then move to 45,60, etc.).

Lastly, how would you describe your metabolism? Reason, I ask is b/c I've got what I consider a slow metabolism...and I'm wondering how the 'Palumbo' diet would work for me.....In the past I've used Layne Norton to prep (Moderate carbs/fats w/ high intensity cardio).

Thanks!!!!!!!!
    Ive been using dave for over 2 years now and I love his diets and theories of nutrition they have brought me a long way. I started 16 weeks out on aug 4th. I started at 40 min of cardio I got up to about 2 hours..my metabolism isn't great I can get pudgy if I dont' watch what I eat, I am a very clean eater in the offseason...I always have a cooler with me in or off season
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

Oh and im 5'6 for the record...on a good day..lol

Haha u eat venison in the off season? Sweet I do as well. Free meat in the winter , can't beat that!!
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

Guy,

What's your weight in the off season?

Guy,

I didn't attend the Nationals but saw your posing routine at the NPC Gold's New Jerdey a few weeks earlier. Did Collette Nelson help you put that together? It was awesome.
    Heretic

Guy, I hope you don't mind me making this thread.
    I got a question for you. What do you think is going to seperate you from the other 202lbs IFBB pro's when you add you mass and get to were you whant to get to? What I mean is, what is going to make you stand out? And what can we expect for you.
    Thanks for being so cool and down to earth
    Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Cisternino View Post
    Oh and im 5'6 for the record...on a good day..lol

A very, very good day.

NYC BIG MIKE

Guy, you made it despite being a shorter bodybuilder, and despite the fact that you don't have the best genetics. But through dedication and hardwork, you fucking proved everyone wrong and now you're a pro.

I don't knock on doors motherfucker I knock doors over. -Flex Wheeler

darkhrse99-offseason I get to 220-225..now who knows I always had to watch my wieght and not get to heavy but now there is no class or weight limit so God only knows now..

Deserusan-I chose the music colette put it together, and my posing coach kenny wallach helped a little with the routine, but the routine was mostly me just fee posing...

Norway Power-I was shocked when i saw the thread, thank you...Not really sure what will seperate me, you have a lot of guys that are great right now..the thing I have going for me is that I am always in condition, but I hope to make improvements every where from head to toe to compete with those guys, right now I am not even thinking that far down the line..when i get there I'll let you know..lol

aded-greatness-thanks man, just goes to show anything is possible if you put your mind to it..I have been told i couldn't accomplish a lot in life, that shit just fuels my fire

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Guy your PRESENTATION AND PRO POLISH really put you over the top! And you were RIPPED as well. I hope SPONSORS take note of your great interaction with the FANS you would be a GREAT REP FOR ANY COMPANY!

Mayor thanks so much for the support, I tried to just bring a better package than I did last year, so regardless of what happened I wanted to have my personal best ever which I did and in hand I was rewarded with my pro status...Thanks for all the support over the past 2 years it means a lot to me...Hope all is well with the fam...Hope your bday dinner and cake was good...ur lucky I wasn't there, you would have gotten no cake
    Guy

Banned

Hey guy congrats on the PRO card...since I know you and have seen your log book...why dont you show the members here a sample of just one page of your daily logs you keep you fucking nut!!!

hahaha...thanks bro..I know some people think Im nuts I do it for a few reasons...First, it gives me something to do extra when I'm dieting, secondly, there are days that I feel better than others, or my wieght drops a few pounds for no reason, so its nice to have a reference to what my body does...Dave said I write when I go to the bathroom which is a little far fetched...I log these few things:
    morning weight on an empty stomach
    what time I eat my meals and what I eat along with the supps I take with each meal
    how I slept and how many hours
    how my training went that day.

PS..I DON'T HAVE A JOURNAL IN THE OFFSEASON...LOL...

From the interview it sounds like your a pain to live with haha, do you have any stories where you completely lost it? how did you like cali?

Quote Originally Posted by krn-gookx891 View Post
    From the interview it sounds like your a pain to live with haha, do you have any stories where you completely lost it? how did you like cali?
    hahaha...I'm just more of an asshole to certain people, my mohter gets the brunt of it sometimes, but Im usually good until about 4 weeks out then I start getting pissy...The worst I ever lost it was last year dieting for nationals I was driving back from New Haven Gold's with dom and I was late eating my meal and we got stuck in traffic and finally I was 2 min from my house and some other driver pushed me into on coming traffic so I then cut off three other cars, turned my car sideways and blocked the road got out of my car ran over and was about to drag this guy out of his car but then I saw he had two kids in the back seat and then just walked away...dom can vouch for that story...it was a combo of dieting, not eating, traffic, and that guy being a complete asshole..who does that with
    their kids in their car..thats about it..haha
    Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Cisternino View Post
    hahaha...I'm just more of an asshole to certain people, my mohter gets the brunt of it sometimes, but Im usually good until about 4 weeks out then I start getting pissy...The worst I ever lost it was last year dieting for nationals I was driving back from New Haven Gold's with dom and I was late eating my meal and we got stuck in traffic and finally I was 2 min from my house and some other driver pushed me into on coming traffic so I then cut off three other cars, turned my car sideways and blocked the road got out of my car ran over and was about to drag this guy out of his car but then I saw he had two kids in the back seat and then just walked away...dom can vouch for that story...it was a combo of dieting, not eating, traffic, and that guy being a complete asshole..who does that with
    their kids in their car..thats about it..haha
    Guy

lol thats a funny story...the scary thing is i would do something crazy like that in the offseason never mind if im dieting

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast