Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Q&A with IFBB Pro Guy Cisternino

Quote Originally Posted by -DNTS- View Post
    That's a lot of food Big Evan Centopani said he is taking 400-450g of protein, same carbs and about 180g fats it's almost equal to yours intake.
    So you take fats in your pre ant post workout shakes?
    Are you doing any cardio in the offseason?
    I eat a lot, but a lot of clean food, I don't measure my food in the offseason, it's all eye balled, when I diet Im a nurotic as fuck...I do the fats pre workout shake not post workout...And no cardio in the offseason, no need to..You want to grow in the offseaon you don't want to jepordize your muscle by doing cardio, let your body grow..Some people have to do it bc it keeps them mentaly sane...but imo a few days a week won't help or hurt, but I do enough when I diet so I stay away from those machines..lol
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

Hi guy,
    Congratulations on your success man youre a true inspiration.
    I plan on doing my first show in the fall Nov 09' and ive been told my main focus is to bring up legs and shoulders. I was wondering if you think the following split would be strategically beneficial to target these bparts. Any suggestions or recommendations would be great!
    Mon: Chest
    Tue: Back
    Wed: Hams + Calves
    Thu: Shoulders
    Fri:Arms
    Sat: Quads+Calves
    Sun: Off -Cheat day

Quote Originally Posted by jerryjuice View Post
    Hi guy,
    Congratulations on your success man youre a true inspiration.
    I plan on doing my first show in the fall Nov 09' and ive been told my main focus is to bring up legs and shoulders. I was wondering if you think the following split would be strategically beneficial to target these bparts. Any suggestions or recommendations would be great!
    Mon: Chest
    Tue: Back
    Wed: Hams + Calves
    Thu: Shoulders
    Fri:Arms
    Sat: Quads+Calves
    Sun: Off -Cheat day
    In my opinon if you want to bring up a body part I like to focus on those body parts early in the week: This is what my split currenlty for the past year:
    Monday-Quads
    Tuesday-Chest, Abs
    Wednesday-OFF
    Thursday-Back, Abs
    Friday-Shoulders, Hamstrings
    Saturday-Bis, Tris, Calves
    Sunday-OFF

****I don't do quads and hams together, I feel workout the way you should with your quads you shouldn't be able to do hams, I usually can't bend my leg when I'm done...That's what I do...You don't have to do exactly that...but I used to do quads on Sat but I switched it to Monday and like it a lo better
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

guy do you use a Multi at all, and if so which one?
    Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

Quote Originally Posted by Norway Power View Post
    guy do you use a Multi at all, and if so which one?
    I used to use a GNC multi, then for awhile I was using animal pack which is great....but after doing some research if you're eating healthy you don't need a regular multi, so instead I take a fruit/veggie complex called ultra juice which you can get at vitamin shoppe...ever since I have been taking that I feel a lot better, haven't gotten sick at all...there was a time when I kept getting sick and sinus infections and shit, Evan would always tell me "why the hell you always getting sick" and ever since I have started that I haven't gotten sick....Dave recommends juice plus on his site, I found one that I like, but I would def look into one of those..

Guy when in off-season mode, will you have more that one cheat meal/day in a week and what type of "cheat" foods do you eat. I just feel guilty for eating 3 pieces of pumpkin pie in 3 days. LOL

Guy when in off-season mode, will you have more that one cheat meal/day in a week and what type of "cheat" foods do you eat. I just feel guilty for eating 3 pieces of pumpkin pie in 3 days. LOL
    Ill try to have 2 but I eat clean and I like what I eat so I dont mind not having 2 cheat meals and I always have sushi at least once a week so I guess you can consider that a cheat meal..tonight me, pj, and out buddy bill went to outback I got the seared ahi tuna, 12oz steak and a dry sweet potato and at two little pieces of the breead, and a salad w/ blue cheese dressing, to me that's a cheat meal....but depends I guess on how I look and feel...If I feel it would benefit me having 2 I would but if I am gaining ample wieght with just one per week ill keep it there

Beach Body

Hey Guy
    Hows it going? I was wondering if you eat protien bars? I work in an olffice and have littile time in the end of the day. I have lunch then I have no breaks but I seek off to the stair well or by the restrooms to get in a quick meal. I would take a shake but next meal is my whe + waxy maize pre workout meal. I dont want to take two shakes in a roll.

What foods do you eat when there is a time cruch at work?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_hardy View Post
    Hey Guy
    Hows it going? I was wondering if you eat protien bars? I work in an olffice and have littile time in the end of the day. I have lunch then I have no breaks but I seek off to the stair well or by the restrooms to get in a quick meal. I would take a shake but next meal is my whe + waxy maize pre workout meal. I dont want to take two shakes in a roll.

thanks
    I think it depends on the type of bar you are eating (brand). Some have loads of fat and will put the weight on you (fat), and there are a select few that are good. In my opinion I think Dave P. should make a great protien bar(Guy tell dave that).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_hardy View Post
    Hey Guy

thanks
    If youre crunched for time what you can do is keep some oil and oatmeal at your desk and make a shake so you get some whole foods out of your meal...don't worry about having back to back shakes it's better than all the shit found in bars..I'm sure you can drink at your desk, people drink water and coffee at their desks all day, so just have your shake right there...I don't eat bars ever..rather have a shake...But I have to say, when I was in Cali with Mike Liberatore, he gave me a zero impact bar from vpx it was pumkin spice flavored...I read the ingredients, it had sweet potatoe, wheat, oatmeal, protein powder, no added shit, so if I had to have a bard I would have one of those...

I think it depends on the type of bar you are eating (brand). Some have loads of fat and will put the weight on you (fat), and there are a select few that are good. In my opinion I think Dave P. should make a great protien bar(Guy tell dave that).
    Colette has a lot of great recipes Ill see if I can find one for protein bars

guy I'm 17 and I still have 2 years of high school left. What were you doing at 17, and what did you whant to do with you life at that time?

guy I'm 17 and I still have 2 years of high school left. What were you doing at 17, and what did you whant to do with you life at that time?
    Dam I wish I was 17 again, I was in high school, playing football, track, and town basketball and baseball...I pretty much was on a sports team all year round, then on top of that I also used to skateboard and snowboard..so all that shit kept me busy...Even when I was in highschool I was working my father owned a hunting and fishing buisness so I worked there during the weeks and weekends, and in the winter my father owns his own little butcher shop so I am also a butcher by trade so when Sept rolled around I would be butchering after school..Was never a big partier, but I still had my group of boys who I hung out with on a regular basis...I can tell you at 17 I never thought I would be where I am today, so I am very thankful for that..Enjoy your time in HS while you can, I would go back to HS in a minute if given the chance..
    guy

vargasty

Guy congrats on getitng that Pro Card, now Dom's next lol. I just got back from Navy boot camp about a week and a half ago and back training again. Great to be back in the gym and on the boards. Hope all is well, you looked phenominal at the nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by vargasty View Post
    Guy congrats on getitng that Pro Card, now Dom's next lol. I just got back from Navy boot camp about a week and a half ago and back training again. Great to be back in the gym and on the boards. Hope all is well, you looked phenominal at the nationals.
    Dom or PJ

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Cisternino View Post
    Colette has a lot of great recipes Ill see if I can find one for protein bars
    If you find her recipes could you send me a PM of it, please?

a question i've always wondered for people who reach your level of condition is do you do anything special to get your skin real thin and tight? I realize you have to get very lean and dry but do you do anything special? I've heard some pros such as Jay talk about eating only fish during prep because he believes it thins out his skin.

Page 4 of 79 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast