Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Q&A with IFBB Pro Guy Cisternino

Quote Originally Posted by caliTOin View Post
    a question i've always wondered for people who reach your level of condition is do you do anything special to get your skin real thin and tight? I realize you have to get very lean and dry but do you do anything special? I've heard some pros such as Jay talk about eating only fish during prep because he believes it thins out his skin.
    have you seen Jays condition to date?
    Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

Quote Originally Posted by Norway Power View Post
    have you seen Jays condition to date?
    lol agree, but this is from one of his older dvd's i wanna say 2001 when he looked great.

Quote Originally Posted by vargasty View Post
    Guy congrats on getitng that Pro Card, now Dom's next lol. I just got back from Navy boot camp about a week and a half ago and back training again. Great to be back in the gym and on the boards. Hope all is well, you looked phenominal at the nationals.
    Thanks bro you training back at reps?? Boot camp that shit must have to been tough..how you been bro??
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

Quote Originally Posted by thaAtrain View Post
    Sayyyy Wuuut?...so no more trips to Wendy's or the Cheesecake Factory then? lol

Also Guy, what was your diet like wen u werent training, because of ur shoulder?
    LOL..im not saying that I don't have my cheat meals I love cheese cake factory I get the skirt steak and rice or the bang bang chicken and shrimp...but when I wasn't training due to my shoulder I kept my protein the same, but cut my carbs down and was eating 6 meals a day instead of 8...I didn't want to consume all the extra calories if I weren't burning anything since I wasn't working out...
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

Quote Originally Posted by caliTOin View Post
    a question i've always wondered for people who reach your level of condition is do you do anything special to get your skin real thin and tight? I realize you have to get very lean and dry but do you do anything special? I've heard some pros such as Jay talk about eating only fish during prep because he believes it thins out his skin.
    well for starters, not cheating on your diet helps..seconldy cardio, people loooove finding ways to cut down on cardio, you get lean and dry by burning more calories than you take in, so cardio is a MUST when your dieting...there are a select few pros that don't do it, and they are blessed...seconldy tanning helps dry out your skin a lot especially towards the end...and sleep, a lot of guys (me included) can't sleep well the last few weeks before a show, but regardless of whether your 16 weeks out or 2 sleep is a MUST, if you're not getting at least 8 hours I think it can be detrimental to your physique...the longer you sleep the better your body will look and feel, it needs that time to rest and recover..I took things to help me sleep the last 3 weeks, species Somalyze was one of them, and it made a huge difference..last year preparing for nats I couldn't sleep worth of shit those last weeks and my body got very stubborn with dropping the last few pounds...
    Guy

Beach Body

Hey Guy
    I was curiuos, what supplements did you use before hooking up with Dave and Species? I'm always curious about suppements b/c there's no surpise as to what a bbing diet looks like and how many different ways to cook egg whites.

Thanks Guy,

P.S. your a G'mean fan right? I read one of your Blogs at the Giants going to the SuperBowl.

Button Man

Hey Guy,a couple of questions

-Have you ever had a rolemodel in bodybuilding?

-Who do you think got the best genetics that ever been on stage?

Thank you.

vargasty

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Cisternino View Post
    Thanks bro you training back at reps?? Boot camp that shit must have to been tough..how you been bro??
    Na, I'm in San Antonio, Texas right now but the gyms here on base are off the hook so I lucked out with that. I just got 30 lbs. of whey Isolate sent to me and people looked at me caryring the box like i was nuts lol. Boot camp wasn't bad physically, it was easy. Just the mental part of being away from everyone was hard. I have an 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. day and then I have all the time to train in the world and I couldn't ask for more. Still nothing beats being home. i'd love to train some time if you are free when I come back for leave....

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_hardy View Post
    Hey Guy
    I was curiuos, what supplements did you use before hooking up with Dave and Species? I'm always curious about suppements b/c there's no surpise as to what a bbing diet looks like and how many different ways to cook egg whites.

P.S. your a G'mean fan right? I read one of your Blogs at the Giants going to the SuperBowl.
    I take these other supplements along with Daves....this is offseason, so Im not including the fat burners..
    omegalyze-omega 3,6,9
    fiberlyze-fiber
    artholyze-joint support
    isolyze-protien
    carbolyze-waxy maize
    ultra juice-fruit and veggie complex
    Vit C 100mg 4 x day
    acidohphilus-digestion enzyme
    zma-before bed
    coral calcium
    Liver enzye-I am currently using Universals
    beverlys aminos-pre, during, and post workout

And Yes I am a big GMEN fan..I had box seats to the game yesterday which was great except we lost (the wind was outta control)...but it was all you can eat/drink, all catered food, they had tenderloin there, so I was all over that the whole game..
    Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Dalorenzo View Post
    Hey Guy,a couple of questions

-Have you ever had a rolemodel in bodybuilding?

-Who do you think got the best genetics that ever been on stage?

Thank you.
    Role Model- Well in bodybuilding it's tough, there are a few who I aspired to be/look like- I love lee priest and kevin levorone's physiques...But now, I have been in the industry and been able to talk to many of the competitors, I have to say I think Kai Greene is a great roll model despite what people say..I have talked to him on many different occasions and he is one hell of a guy, very down to earth, and always chats with me for awhile when we catch each other..he went as far as getting my number and calling me after Nationals to congratulate me which made my night...Having one of the top pros call you for no reason really hit home..But as far as a roll modle my mother and father, if it weren't for them I wouldn't be in the place I am today...

Best genetics-Right Now, hands down Phil Heath, at his age and the improvements he has made in such a short period of time are amazing, I can't imagine what he will look like next year at the Mr. O..But right behind him I would say Evan, he's walking around at well over 300, and lean, he has some freaky genetics and has made great improvements every year, he is going to do some serious damage at the NY Pro show in May..can't wait...

Quote Originally Posted by vargasty View Post
    Na, I'm in San Antonio, Texas right now but the gyms here on base are off the hook so I lucked out with that. I just got 30 lbs. of whey Isolate sent to me and people looked at me caryring the box like i was nuts lol. Boot camp wasn't bad physically, it was easy. Just the mental part of being away from everyone was hard. I have an 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. day and then I have all the time to train in the world and I couldn't ask for more. Still nothing beats being home. i'd love to train some time if you are free when I come back for leave....
    Def bro, keep up all the good work, and well def get up when you get back be sure to get a hold of me when your here...also if there's anything I can do to help you while you're there shoot me an email..keep up the good work bro
    Guy

Beach Body

I take these other supplements along with Daves....this is offseason, so Im not including the fat burners..
    omegalyze-omega 3,6,9
    fiberlyze-fiber
    artholyze-joint support
    isolyze-protien
    carbolyze-waxy maize
    ultra juice-fruit and veggie complex
    Vit C 100mg 4 x day
    acidohphilus-digestion enzyme
    zma-before bed
    coral calcium
    Liver enzye-I am currently using Universals
    beverlys aminos-pre, during, and post workout

And Yes I am a big GMEN fan..I had box seats to the game yesterday which was great except we lost (the wind was outta control)...but it was all you can eat/drink, all catered food, they had tenderloin there, so I was all over that the whole game..
    Guy
    I saw that yesterday on TV. It was crazy how the NYG's kicker kept getting all the field goals blocked. But I'm looking for this sunday night when its your GMan vs. my Cowboys. I'm a big Cowboy fan so its on LOL

have a nice one!

Ill try to have 2 but I eat clean and I like what I eat so I dont mind not having 2 cheat meals and I always have sushi at least once a week so I guess you can consider that a cheat meal..tonight me, pj, and out buddy bill went to outback I got the seared ahi tuna, 12oz steak and a dry sweet potato and at two little pieces of the breead, and a salad w/ blue cheese dressing, to me that's a cheat meal....but depends I guess on how I look and feel...If I feel it would benefit me having 2 I would but if I am gaining ample wieght with just one per week ill keep it there
    and what about precontest cheat meal, Guy? I assume that when on Dave's diet you're craving for carbs and want anything with it for that one meal

I usually was just having sushi there was a group of us that met every sunday night for my cheat meal it was either sushi and some brownies that my boys girlfriend made me, and I always got my iced coffee with cream at the end, or I went to cheese cake factory and got a skirt steak, rice, and for an appetizer I get the fried mac and cheese or avacado egg rolls...that was it I really didn't go too nuts, and I think keeping your cheat meal to a level where your not feeling sick afterwards help with being in better conidition...

What up Guy. Just wanted to say congrats on your win at the nationals! You looked shredded! Guess hookin up with Dave was a great idea. What will be the next show you do? And will you keep working with Dave? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SG2550 View Post
    What up Guy. Just wanted to say congrats on your win at the nationals! You looked shredded! Guess hookin up with Dave was a great idea. What will be the next show you do? And will you keep working with Dave? Thanks.
    Not sure what is next for me I am actually heading to Dave's this weekend to sit down with him and figure out a game plan for what might be next for me...Depending upon when I step on stage next I plan to compete around the 190's with major improvments on my physique....I refuse to step on a pro stage without a pro package...I will not be one of the guys who steps on stage to just say " I did a pro show" there's no gratitude in that for me...I have to be bigger and better than my previous showing or I won't get on stage..And also I won't fix something that's not broken...so Dave and I will have a long future together it seems...
    Guy

wsup guy! do you ever start back day with deadlifts? or do you swtich from starting with deadlifts and ending a workout with deadlifts? what do you feel are the benefits of starting with them and ending with them?

Page 5 of 79 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast