Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Q&A with IFBB Pro Guy Cisternino

Quote Originally Posted by krn-gookx891 View Post
    wsup guy! do you ever start back day with deadlifts? or do you swtich from starting with deadlifts and ending a workout with deadlifts? what do you feel are the benefits of starting with them and ending with them?
    I switch it up all the time, sometimes i'll do them first, in the middle or dead last...Besides that I have been switiching up deads and rack pulls, my legs were getting ahead of my upperbody, so Dave told me to back off on regular deads and do more rack pulls...the benefits of doing them last is that your back is already pre exausted and there is a lot of blood in there so when you go to dead lift your back has to work that much harder on it's core lift...If I do them first I might just do 8 sets of dead and end with pull ups or some other sort of row...It all depends on how I feel and what I did that prior week in the gym for back.
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Cisternino View Post
    Not sure what is next for me I am actually heading to Dave's this weekend to sit down with him and figure out a game plan for what might be next for me...Depending upon when I step on stage next I plan to compete around the 190's with major improvments on my physique....I refuse to step on a pro stage without a pro package...I will not be one of the guys who steps on stage to just say " I did a pro show" there's no gratitude in that for me...I have to be bigger and better than my previous showing or I won't get on stage..And also I won't fix something that's not broken...so Dave and I will have a long future together it seems...
    Guy
    Sounds good Guy, and I can't wait to see the new package! I'm sure you will kick some ass. Good luck

I hope so bro if all goes well, that 202 class is looking stacked these days...
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

Spotter

Guy - Great candid photos in your latest member section update. Shredded Quad shots! The Putnam comparison shots remind me that i thought you or Marvin Ward could've been Giant killers that night - no disrespect to Nunn or Libertore.

Quote Originally Posted by kenergy View Post
    Guy - Great candid photos in your latest member section update. Shredded Quad shots! The Putnam comparison shots remind me that i thought you or Marvin Ward could've been Giant killers that night - no disrespect to Nunn or Libertore.
    Thanks bro, those quad pics were taken sat morning I believe...But I def had some of the top conditioning in the show but Mike and Ed are both stacked with some muscle and had good conditioning as well....I knew I didn't have a shot at the overall as a MW, but I didn't mind it was fun and Mike is a close friend of mine, plus after being in Cali with Ed and Mark, those guys are great guys, and great bodybuilders and both have a huge future in the sport..Ed is making his pro debut soon, he's def gonna do some serious damage
    Guy

Beach Body

Hey Guy
    I was curious what kind of diets do you put some of your clients on? your still helping out people with contest diets, right??

thx Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_hardy View Post
    Hey Guy
    I was curious what kind of diets do you put some of your clients on? your still helping out people with contest diets, right??

thx Guy
    Yeah I have a decent amount of clients right now, it depends on the client some I will have do the keto diet, others I do the regular, fats, carbs, and protein diet, but I am constantly changing their diet up...Some of my clients if I tried putting them on the keto diet wouldn't be able to handle it so it's a cleint by client basis...I get a feel for what I think they can handle some people just don't have the will power to do no carbs, so to each is own I guess....

Guy what are your views on taking bcaa and eaa before am cardio and workouts?

Default Hey Man

Quote Originally Posted by vargasty View Post
    Na, I'm in San Antonio, Texas right now but the gyms here on base are off the hook so I lucked out with that. I just got 30 lbs. of whey Isolate sent to me and people looked at me caryring the box like i was nuts lol. Boot camp wasn't bad physically, it was easy. Just the mental part of being away from everyone was hard. I have an 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. day and then I have all the time to train in the world and I couldn't ask for more. Still nothing beats being home. i'd love to train some time if you are free when I come back for leave....
    Hey man I just saw your a in San Antonio I am a BB who competes on a national level who in the past 9 months just moved out to San Antonio from New York. It's awesome here I have known you from watching your posts on this board for over a year now. We should getup sometime and hit it ....

Not sure if you been around to the gyms yet but I have pretty much a fee membership at most and Olympic gym in town is the hardcore gym that I haven't spent much time at but where all competitors train.

I have been close with Dave P. since I was a kid and he does my pre contest diet which will start in June/July for the Eastern USA's 09.

Hit me back...

JD

Hey Guy, congrats man... quick ?... regarding your baked egg white recipe, whats cook time and temp? Thanks buddy

Quote Originally Posted by leoc View Post
    Guy what are your views on taking bcaa and eaa before am cardio and workouts?
    Well, this is a good one because I asked Dave about this awhile ago he believes its a wash, meaning doesn't help or hurt...I like taking them before, during, and after my workouts...I feel it helps a lot with my recovery and endurance while I am working out..So I recommend taking them....
    Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus78 View Post
    Hey Guy, congrats man... quick ?... regarding your baked egg white recipe, whats cook time and temp? Thanks buddy
    I cook them for about 15-20 min on 400 degrees in a med size baking pan...Just keep an eye on them make sure they don't over cook or burn...Some ovens might be a stronger those are the times and temps for my oven....I also sprinkle cinn and splenda on top when I am done...
    Guy

whats up guy its pete just seein whats good?

Quote Originally Posted by pmaks88 View Post
    whats up guy its pete just seein whats good?
    Whats up buddy how you doing....same old shit here just working and working out...so youre doing a show and not listening to me..lol...

Beach Body

Guy, I was curious what is your view on stretching? do you stretch or just stretch when you have to? i.e. like Evan only stretching to fit under the squat bar.

thanks a lot

p.s good cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_hardy View Post
    Guy, I was curious what is your view on stretching? do you stretch or just stretch when you have to? i.e. like Evan only stretching to fit under the squat bar.

thanks a lot

p.s good cowboys
    Whats up bro, Ill stretch in between sets and shit but I don't take 20 minutes before I workout to stretch....When Im doing legs Ill stretch my quads periodicaly, and when Im doing chest Ill hang onto a machine and stretch out my pecs and shoudlers but nothing major....
    Guy

Guy, I ask all pro bodybuilders this question: (who did you look up to/who did you want to look like when you first got in to bodybuilding?) Most of the time they say Arnold or Lee Hany. For me, I always wanted to look like Toney Freeman. Knowing that I will never get that big I now want to look like Mark Dougdale
    Though the pain may come over you, never let it overcome you.

Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast