Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Q&A with IFBB Pro Guy Cisternino

Quote Originally Posted by Paladino View Post
    207 in those pics?!?! Wow, your HARD at that weight to. You can really notice the arm improvements at this weight. Congat on this year, enjoy you holidays and all that good food.
    Thanks bro appreciate it...def will enjoy the food, make sure you do the same..
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

Quote Originally Posted by Norway Power View Post
    Guy can you tell us what type of training protocal you are doing at this time. I think it was Evan or PJ who said they were using some DC training. What are you doing?
    I do basic instinct training..I have a regime that I follow, meaning certain body parts on certain days but as far as my training...I train heavy all year round, but I always am switching it up, Ill do some days all straight sets, others Ill do drop sets, giant sets, I'll through in some fst-7 some weeks...I hate keeping things the same I like shocking my muscles and keep them guessing and growing..I spoke with Dave over the weekend, and after a few months of letting my body finish rebounding we have some plans for mass building for the up coming year that i am excited to start..
    It ain't bout how hard you're hit, it's bout how hard you can get hit and keep movin forward."

GUY I SEEN A PAGE AGO THAT YOU TAKE UNILIVER.I RECENTLY ADDED THIS TO MY DAILY SUPPLEMENT ROUTINE.BUT MAN I HAVE HAD THE SHITS.WHAT KIND OF DOSES DO YOU TAKE ON THIS I MAY BE TAKING TOO MUCH OR SOMETHING.I HAVE BEEN TAKING 2 PILLS WITH A MEAL FOUR TIMES A DAY.

KILLER PIC'S MAN

Quote Originally Posted by phillipgtac22 View Post
    GUY I SEEN A PAGE AGO THAT YOU TAKE UNILIVER.I RECENTLY ADDED THIS TO MY DAILY SUPPLEMENT ROUTINE.BUT MAN I HAVE HAD THE SHITS.WHAT KIND OF DOSES DO YOU TAKE ON THIS I MAY BE TAKING TOO MUCH OR SOMETHING.I HAVE BEEN TAKING 2 PILLS WITH A MEAL FOUR TIMES A DAY.

KILLER PIC'S MAN
    I usually take 2 pills 2 times a day...and I haven't had a problem with it at all try backing down the dosage and see what happens

Guy,
    first off congrats on your pro card! I just noticed that you now have your own thread here! That's awesome.

I was wondering if you could give a typical off-season's day from the time you wake up to bedtime from meals, supps, and how you manages to eat 8 meals a day with a day job. This could motivate some of the up and comers (myself included) who also have to work a steady full time job and see that it can be done.
    What type of work do you do, is it hard labour or office-type job?
    Last, how much water to you take in per day, 1 gallon, 2 gallons?
    All the best, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DaTop View Post
    Guy,
    first off congrats on your pro card! I just noticed that you now have your own thread here! That's awesome.

I was wondering if you could give a typical off-season's day from the time you wake up to bedtime from meals, supps, and how you manages to eat 8 meals a day with a day job. This could motivate some of the up and comers (myself included) who also have to work a steady full time job and see that it can be done.
    What type of work do you do, is it hard labour or office-type job?
    Last, how much water to you take in per day, 1 gallon, 2 gallons?
    All the best, thanks.

Whats up bro and thanks, the thread was started by a member and they moved it here, definatly wasn't expecting anything like this but getting good feed back so just trying to keep up with it...So I'll start with your first question and work my way up..I drink about 1 1/2 gallons per day offseason, pre contest about 2. I work in an office, suit and tie all day long..sucks..lol..I do finance, basically mortgages, insurance, home and auto policies etc.
    My daily routine is usually this right now talking OFF SEASON:
    Wake up at 7:30am, prepare all my food for the day, check emails and website to make sure I answered any questions I have before work.

Meal 1: 8:45am
    5 whole eggs, 1 cup oats, 1 tbsp oil, 1 scoop Isolyze, in a blender..PROTEIN PANCAKE

Meal 2: 12pm
    8-10oz chicken
    1 cup rice
    1 tbsp oil
    1/2 cup nuts

Meal 3: 3pm
    8-10 oz red meat
    potato
    2 tbsp oil
    asparagus

Meal 4: 6pm
    same as meal 3 with 1 cup rice-no potato

7pm leave work, usually get home at 7:20, change and head off to the gym to train.

Meal 5: (pre workout) 7:30pm
    2 scoops isolyze
    2 scoops carbolyze
    1 tbsp oil

Meal 6: 9pm
    same as meal 5 without oil

Meal 7: 9:30-9:45pm
    Same as meal 1

Meal 8: 11:30pm
    2 scoops isolyze
    2 tbsp natural PB

NO later than 12 in bed.

My supps right now are
    ultra juice
    acidophilus
    zma
    vit c
    coral calcium
    Uniliver by universal
    Artholyze-species joint supp
    Testostolyze-species anti estrogen
    Fiberlyze-spercies fiber
    Omegalyze-species omegas
    Isolyze-species protein
    Carbolyze-speceis waxy maize
    and yes I take all those species products not because Im sponsored by them but because they are very good and they work, if they didn't I wouldn't use them..The other products I take I get from vitamine shoppe.

I eat meals 2,3,4 at my work, I bring a cooler to work and eat at my desk, my boss never says anything, as long as I do my work and get my shit done I can pretty much do what I want so it's good in some ways but I hate what I do Im looking for something else. It's not hard to eat even with a job all you need is a cooler and some tupper wear and your good to go..I don't understand how people bitch about it, its not hard. And I cook all my food on Wed and Sun..I cook in bulk to make my life easier.

Wow, that was very detailed! I appreciate the response.
    Thanks for taking the time and I wish you a healthy and outstanding off-season period so you can hit the stage with shocking improvements at your first pro show in 2010!

Keep up the good work with your thread, you're building a great fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by 2DaTop View Post
    Wow, that was very detailed! I appreciate the response.
    Thanks for taking the time and I wish you a healthy and outstanding off-season period so you can hit the stage with shocking improvements at your first pro show in 2010!

Keep up the good work with your thread, you're building a great fan base.
    Thanks bro, I hope to bring a very very improved package come 2010...Any questions Im always here...Happy holidays to you and your love ones
    Guy

Quote Originally Posted by jj2006 View Post
    Is it me or is all of the athletes of Species Nutrition polite? expecially Guy. Good luck!
    LOL..Dave has a very good judge of character I guess...Happy Holidays Bro
    Guy

Guy, love your physique bro. It may sound funny, but I thought your tan is what really made you stand out at Nationals. Anyway, wanted to see what your gameplan was for 2009 since you are obviously going to take time off to build up into a quality 202 competitor. Were you thinking multiple DVD's to journal your experience? Not just the freebie stuff you put on "In the Trenches" here at MD. Were you thinking about being a major spokesperson for Species or other supplement companies (that may approach you). I think the most important thing for you is going to be the challenge of staying visible while taking the time to improve.

Dedicated Noob

Guy-

What do you think about Wheat Protein Isolate? My last competition after I dropped my water I was light real light at 210 lbs on May 3rd. I am now 265 lbs, I eat pretty clean other then having a protein bar here and there but I am getting 400 g protein a day and I am following a good off season program, my question is... I seem to have developed a fat ass lol, and I guess it really isn't funny but its like cellulite when I squeeze my glutes. My waist looks a little wide as well. I know I have to let my body grow and take in essential fat but I can't figure out where I am going wrong. Anything?

Quote Originally Posted by thaAtrain View Post
    What are u looking to move into Guy? A complete departure or something similar?
    Also getting back to somebody's critique of ur calves?
    I 2nd that your physique is perfectly balanced other than the calves that need to come up. Would you say thats attributed to being flat-footed? Im also flat footed (1 flexible arch, 1 rigid) and my physio noticed 1 calve has sigifcantly less girth than the other. I think its cos of the fallen arch, theres no adjacent calf muscle involvement when theres no arch. No stretch, therefore no squeeze. What cha reckon?
    Yeah I have had flat feet since I was a kid, and I have orthodics for about 8 years, I actually just got fitted for my new pair 3 weeks ago...My calves definatly lag because of my feet, problem is when I do my calve raises my bottoms of my feet give out before my calves, the pain on the bottoms of my feet are unbearable...Playing football was a bitch sometimes too because if we had to do any distance running I was always hurting becuase the pain of having flat feet is ridiculous..When I was in HS I had to get 4 cordizone shots in the bottoms of my feet bc I had planerfacitious (spelling)..and you want to talk about pain, worst pain of my life

Quote Originally Posted by NITRO300 View Post
    Guy, love your physique bro. It may sound funny, but I thought your tan is what really made you stand out at Nationals. Anyway, wanted to see what your gameplan was for 2009 since you are obviously going to take time off to build up into a quality 202 competitor. Were you thinking multiple DVD's to journal your experience? Not just the freebie stuff you put on "In the Trenches" here at MD. Were you thinking about being a major spokesperson for Species or other supplement companies (that may approach you). I think the most important thing for you is going to be the challenge of staying visible while taking the time to improve.
    I am taking all of 2009 off and hopefully going to compete in May of 2010.. But things I do plan on putting together a DVD, but I am not sure how it would do, so when I get feed back from people I take it into consideration, I don't know how many people want to see a middle weight training, but I have gotten some decent feedback so that might be a good plan this year to put something together. As for species I plan to be with Dave/Species for awhile, things are being discussed about my future with Species so we will see what happens..

Quote Originally Posted by rtricky32 View Post
    Guy-

What do you think about Wheat Protein Isolate? My last competition after I dropped my water I was light real light at 210 lbs on May 3rd. I am now 265 lbs, I eat pretty clean other then having a protein bar here and there but I am getting 400 g protein a day and I am following a good off season program, my question is... I seem to have developed a fat ass lol, and I guess it really isn't funny but its like cellulite when I squeeze my glutes. My waist looks a little wide as well. I know I have to let my body grow and take in essential fat but I can't figure out where I am going wrong. Anything?
    Post your diet or PM it to me and let me see what your doing that might need to be changed...

Dedicated Noob

Guy-

Meal #1 - 6 Omega 3 eggs, 1 cup of grits, a little sea salt, 1 tbl mac nut oil, 1 vit C, 1 omega complex, 1 multi, Creakic

#2 - 50g of whey isolate, 2 tbl of natty pb

#3 - 8 oz of shrimp, or chicken, or flounder, 1 1/2 cups of Basmati Rice (white), 1 tbl of mac nut oil, same vitamins as meal #1 w/o the multi

#4 - 50g whey, 2 tbl of natty pb

#5 - 8oz of venison, or steak, or lean beaf mixed with 2 tbl of olive oil and chopped onions, 2 cups of green beans, 1 1/2 cups of Basmati Rice (white), same vitamins as meal 1

#6 - PWO 50g whey, Creakic, 5g glutamine, 16 oz of Gatorade

#7 - 6 Omega 3 eggs with 1 cup of grits with light sea salt

#8 - 50g Whey isolate with 2 tbl of natty pb

No cardio, 2 on 1 off 3 on 1 off split

Dedicated Noob

I am having a cheat meal once a week, and it usually is Taco Bell and I am going pretty heavy... maybe too heavy... 15 bucks worth. or Pizza with a sub and some diet coke. Once in awhile with all honesty I eat a protein bar if I am tight for time, but never miss my eggs, chicken, or red meat meal...sometimes 2 bars a day thanks a lot guy

TRY THIS...

Meal #1 - 5 Omega 3 eggs, 1 cup oatmeal, 1 tbsp mac nut oil

#2 - 50g of whey isolate, 1 1/2 tbsp of natty pb

#3 - 8 oz of shrimp, or chicken, or flounder, 1 cup of Basmati Rice (white), 1 tbl of mac nut oil

#4 - 50g whey, 1 1/2 tbsp of natty pb

#5 - 8oz of venison, or steak, or lean beaf mixed with 2 tbl of olive oil and chopped onions, 2 cups of green beans, 1 yam or sweet potato

#6 - PWO 50g whey, 50-60 grm waxy maize (too much sugar in the gatorade)

#7 - repeat meal #5 without the carbs

#8 - 50g Whey isolate with 1 1/2 tbsp of natty pb

You don't need 6 eggs when you eat them, I think that might be a little, much plus you were eating a good amount of carbs so instead of 1 1/2 per meal if you have only 1 for those 2 meals your losing 1 full cup a day which is about 50grms less, plus adding in the waxy maize and taking out the gatorade gives you the carbs without the sugars. And I backed off teh PB to 1 1/2 instead of 2, so theres a little less calories there...If you think your getting a little fat, its a calorie game..Also add in like 30 min cardio EOD either post workout or in the morn before breakfast..

Page 9 of 79 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast