Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Do you train forearms????

Voters
451. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! you have to train them

247 54.77%
  • No! they'll grow from all the heavy lifting on its own

136 30.16%
  • don't care and do them when they feel like doing them

68 15.08%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Forearms!!! who trains them ???

I train forearms together with arms (it works for me).

Forum Leader: Computers/Video Games Nick D's Avatar

No not really. I train them when i do curls.
    Ah shucks BK is fine wit me. I'm low maintenance" Beni Mama

Ive started training my grip recently, but only because Ive been dropping the bar on deads.
    Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Started doing reverse barbell curls about a year ago and it has developed my forearms something unbelievable aswell as my overall grip strength on all exercises.

I definetely recommend training them twice a week..........gives a great look to your arm as a whole..........

Your forearms get trained every day with pretty much every exercise. Every time you're holding a db/bb you're working your grip, and hence your forearms. Doing them more would just be overkill and would make them too sore to do other shit. I've never seen someone with small forearms and big upper arms, it's pretty much impossible to do that. So I don't think it's efficient to train forearms separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jecko45 View Post
    Your forearms get trained every day with pretty much every exercise. Every time you're holding a db/bb you're working your grip, and hence your forearms. Doing them more would just be overkill and would make them too sore to do other shit. I've never seen someone with small forearms and big upper arms, it's pretty much impossible to do that. So I don't think it's efficient to train forearms separately.
    I have.
    PanterA is a fictional character for entertainment purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    I have.
    Hmm, did he eat a lot of spinach?

Hmm, did he eat a lot of spinach?
    Probably not

Probably not
    Well, while I don't not not believe you , I'd still like to see that myself. So if you ever see a picture of something like that please post it. I mean, most pros don't really train forearms and they all got big ones. Ok how bout this, ever seen someone with small upper arms but big forearms? lol. Other than Popeye

Well, while I don't not not believe you , I'd still like to see that myself. So if you ever see a picture of something like that please post it. I mean, most pros don't really train forearms and they all got big ones. Ok how bout this, ever seen someone with small upper arms but big forearms? lol. Other than Popeye
    I have seen forearms in pics and in person that could/should be bigger. I just had a guy griping to me and telling me the other day he needs to start working his forearms.

It's not too common, but it happens. Atleast where they could be bigger without looking too big. Just start taking notice from now on when you see pics of pros, amateurs, or even MD members. Sometimes I think good arms, but those forearms suck.

And also, it's not too uncommon to see guys in construction with decent forearms and average upper arms. Seriously..... My Dad for one. He even has these 2 thick veins going up the back of them, and he's not lean. The rest of his body does not match....

I have seen forearms in pics and in person that could/should be bigger. I just had a guy griping to me and telling me the other day he needs to start working his forearms.

It's not too common, but it happens. Atleast where they could be bigger without looking too big. Just start taking notice from now on when you see pics of pros, amateurs, or even MD members. Sometimes I think good arms, but those forearms suck.

And also, it's not too uncommon to see guys in construction with decent forearms and average upper arms. Seriously..... My Dad for one. He even has these 2 thick veins going up the back of them, and he's not lean. The rest of his body does not match....
    Alright I guess there's exceptions you're right. But I still wouldn't work them out separately unless they're obviously lacking...

Alright I guess there's exceptions you're right. But I still wouldn't work them out separately unless they're obviously lacking...
    I do most of the time, but not always. I like big forearms though. Like Lee Priest/Frank McGrath big

Priest doesn't do anything for forearms, but McGrath does.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I do most of the time, but not always. I like big forearms though. Like Lee Priest/Frank McGrath big

Priest doesn't do anything for forearms, but McGrath does.
    Genetics play a big part though. Just like with calves. Forearms are probably my best body part and I never work them out. But when it comes to calves, mine suck ass. So I try work them separately.

Quote Originally Posted by PaisteDriver View Post
    I just incorporate hammer curls or reverse curls with my bicep workout to work my forearms more directly. Other than that no direct forearm work.

Same here, I just add it in on Bi day

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMAN View Post
    hammer curls!!!!
    exactly!

Yes I do, curls/reverse, it's the last thing I do when I train arms..

il do 3 sets of front and reverse wrist curls on arms day. but i also do a lot of heavy hammer curls for biceps

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast