Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: Do you train forearms????

Voters
451. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! you have to train them

247 54.77%
  • No! they'll grow from all the heavy lifting on its own

136 30.16%
  • don't care and do them when they feel like doing them

68 15.08%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Forearms!!! who trains them ???

Freak of Nature

I've probably done like 5 sets of forearms in 2 years lol they just grow by doing other lifts

i never really got into forearm training.

i guess i'm just lazy.
    There are only 2 types of people in this world without beards : women and children.

Dedicated Noob

I train my forearms like everything else and have gotten great results by training them on their own. Also, I have found that doing various exercises for forearms increases separation.

I think the biggest and most common mistakes people do when training forearms are training them after other upper-body parts (especially biceps) when they are already fatigued and not using enough weight. I train my forearms after leg day, when they are fresh and go as heavy as I can, even as low as three reps. For flexors Seated BB wrist curls/Standing BB wrist curls/Standing DBs wrist curls/One-arm DB wrist curls. For extensors Close-grip BB wrist extensions/Wide-grip BB wrist extensions/One-arm DB wrist extensions (supinated arm)/One-arm DB wrist extensions (pronated arm). Brachioradialis is trained with biceps with incline hammer curls mostly.

One set of each exercise (HIT) and about three minutes between sets (less when you're doing one-arm exercises, of course) and then tell me you aren't getting more size and separation. I feel I have to do it all the more because I have long arms.

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    I can't believe I found it lol

AH-HA! So that's how he "never trains forearms"! How he "just has great forearms because he's a genetic mutant" and all that stuff. I bet Lee would be keeping some BBs and DBs at home and then he would train forearms for HOURS with nobody around just so that he could then say "that's just the way I am, y'know...".

Kidding, of course.

Dedicated Noob

Saying that they get all the work they need while you are training other body parts is like saying your triceps get all the work they need from shoulder and chest pressing.

mine just grow from heavy lifting! dont ever train them and thereone of my best body parts!

I do once every two weeks. I do see improvement.

Dedicated Noob

i think training forearms is very important...i train em at least once a week, sometimes twice...i like behind the back wrist curls and hammer curls....i start off with a warmup
    (high rep) then follow with lower reps and heavy weight....the pump is insane...i can definitely tell when i dont train plus like someone else said, its a muscle you cant hide...why wouldnt you want to train em....

I used to train them directly but have recently stoped.
    "Failure is success if we learn from it." Malcolm Forbes

I just do bicep exercises that included the forearms every other workout seems to do the trick for me.

I used to be of the attitude that all the heavy compound work would be enough to bring them up, but I found that although they did get stronger and bigger to a point, when you get to lifting a certain weight and are a certain size you need to work them specially to keep them in line with everything else... especially if you have an ectomorphic frame and naturally skinny/weak arms like me!

They became a limiting factor in things like weighted pullups and deadlifts, and also started to look puny compared to my upper arms making direct work necesary.

I do them two or three times a week, usually hit them on monday with a roller deal like what's in the picture below then I'll hit them again on Fridays when I do bi's.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gettin by on gettin by

I believe to have the complete look, you must have toned forearms as well. That being said, yes i do train them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sic&Twisted101 View Post
    Check out the He-man Hold. They Are fucking Brutal!
    Yep, I'm a big fan of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Dtlv74 View Post
    I used to be of the attitude that all the heavy compound work would be enough to bring them up, but I found that although they did get stronger and bigger to a point, when you get to lifting a certain weight and are a certain size you need to work them specially to keep them in line with everything else... especially if you have an ectomorphic frame and naturally skinny/weak arms like me!

They became a limiting factor in things like weighted pullups and deadlifts, and also started to look puny compared to my upper arms making direct work necesary.

Well said and explained.

whenever i do the ROWS and Pulldowns...it really does the forearms work...so, i sort of don't do the forearms workouts.... the rows and pdowns give me the nice arms!

i go real heavy on rows and stuff and that helps, but i think that big forearms are like big calves, you have to work hard as shit to get them unless youre genetically gifted with them, so i do 8-12 sets or more, with 30sec-1min breaks, after lifting back

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast