Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 334 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 5674

Thread: Walking Beast's Journal

  1. #120
    Mass Monster Walking Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BEAST the FUCK up or SHUT the FUCK up
    Posts
    6,902
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    2-9-09 Monday Back, Traps, Lower Back, Abs. (15 mins cardio)


    Been keeping the PR's coming in frequently every week. Hit some more today. Glad I did not KILL my own shit in the process. Had some tightness in my upper spine, where I ruptured the disks, so worked around that and some other strains. The hernia area on both sides gets tender too, mostly with the t-bars so kept it lighter. Also some light trap maintenance. Took a scoop of that super fuel today, rather then super pump, and shit really kicked in. Muscle endurance, pump and energy felt amazing today.:

    (194lbs)

    Wide Grip Chin-Ups:

    35 (2 rep PR)
    11
    11 +25lb
    6 +25lb
    19
    8-11

    One Arm Dumbbell Rows: (Cut em short due to some sharp pain between scalpula back of neck, and right shoulder pain)

    110x30

    160x6 (right arm, shoulder pain so stopped) 160x25 (left arm, 3 rep PR, KILLED THAT SHIT)

    Iso Low Row Hammer Strength:

    270x25 (warm)
    360x50 (6 rep PR, brief rest pauses)
    450x19

    T-Bar Rows: (lighter do to hernia tenderness on both sides of groin)

    135x15
    180x13

    Dumbbell Shrugs: (Light trap maintenance for now)

    95x50

    T-Bar Rows:

    205x5

    Dumbbell Shrugs:

    95x33
    95x25
    95x25

    Low Cable Rows: (Left bicep tenderness, so light)

    190x13
    220x8
    220x8

    Three sets of heavy weighted lower back extentions for 25-35 reps.

    Three sets of 50 maximum decline sit ups

    (15 mins cardio)


    KILL THAT SHIT!!

  2. #121
    Iron Addict chasebny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eating
    Posts
    2,974

    Default

    Its just my opinion, but between the injuries andd what not, I would keep the reps the same for each side (DB rows). Disparities in muscle growth and muscle damage will only serve to inflame the injury and cause even more, not to mention fuck with your spinal alignement.
    Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

  3. #122
    Mass Monster Walking Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BEAST the FUCK up or SHUT the FUCK up
    Posts
    6,902
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chasebny View Post
    Its just my opinion, but between the injuries andd what not, I would keep the reps the same for each side (DB rows). Disparities in muscle growth and muscle damage will only serve to inflame the injury and cause even more, not to mention fuck with your spinal alignement.

    Usually I take both sides to failure and try to keep the reps pretty equal. Right shoulder cut down the reps though this time.

    KILL THAT SHIT!!

  4. #123
    Beast connstellation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    On my Tarmac
    Posts
    7,189
    Gender
    Female

    Default

    Glad you were careful not to kill your own shit. If you're out for any length of time, it's only going to piss you off.

    That was me a month ago when I was stuck in cardio hell due to a lumbar sprain.
    SnakeBite Racing

  5. #124
    Mass Monster Walking Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BEAST the FUCK up or SHUT the FUCK up
    Posts
    6,902
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by connstellation View Post
    Glad you were careful not to kill your own shit. If you're out for any length of time, it's only going to piss you off.

    That was me a month ago when I was stuck in cardio hell due to a lumbar sprain.


    Yea, I do not want to fuckin revisit that again for a while. hehe

    Was out for 2 years after rupturing my disks between scalpula. It was a major mind fuck, indentity crisis. No vent was making me ULTRA violent and volatile

    Then another two years of feeling like shit, training again, to fucking get back.

    I know more injuries will come, but hope to delay them for aslong as possible.

    KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!

  6. #125
    Beast connstellation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    On my Tarmac
    Posts
    7,189
    Gender
    Female

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Beast View Post
    Yea, I do not want to fuckin revisit that again for a while. hehe

    Was out for 2 years after rupturing my disks between scalpula. It was a major mind fuck, indentity crisis. No vent was making me ULTRA violent and volatile

    Then another two years of feeling like shit, training again, to fucking get back.

    I know more injuries will come, but hope to delay them for aslong as possible.

    KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!
    I was next to impossible to deal with while I wasn't able to lift, then I was pissed that I had to go light. You'll get back. You're working hard and smart.
    SnakeBite Racing

  7. #126
    Iron Addict chasebny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eating
    Posts
    2,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Beast View Post
    Usually I take both sides to failure and try to keep the reps pretty equal. Right shoulder cut down the reps though this time.

    KILL THAT SHIT!!
    I know, but on days that the right shoulder cuts it short, match with the left side.
    Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

  8. #127
    Mass Monster Walking Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BEAST the FUCK up or SHUT the FUCK up
    Posts
    6,902
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chasebny View Post
    I know, but on days that the right shoulder cuts it short, match with the left side.

    One side is already larger then the other. Not due to DB rows, but maybe crooked spine. Always been like that. When it comes to hitting PR's, Ill KILL THAT SHIT regardless

    Majority of the back work is even though. For me I find it difficult to believe that one set would even stimulate growth. I require high volume, high intensity and alot of abuse to get anywhere.

    KILL THAT SHIT!!

  9. #128
    Mass Monster Walking Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BEAST the FUCK up or SHUT the FUCK up
    Posts
    6,902
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by connstellation View Post
    I was next to impossible to deal with while I wasn't able to lift, then I was pissed that I had to go light. You'll get back. You're working hard and smart.

    I know how it is. Im fucking volatile when Im not injured and out of it. Isolate myself always though. Its only a problem when people want to engage me in some way. Or if I chase random people down, to entertain myself

    I am a complete nightmare when Im out though. Always need some SHIT TO KILL!!

  10. #129
    Amateur Threat evilive138's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    1,346

    Default

    LESS TALK.
    MORE SHIT KILLING.

  11. #130
    Mass Monster Walking Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BEAST the FUCK up or SHUT the FUCK up
    Posts
    6,902
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilive138 View Post
    LESS TALK.
    MORE SHIT KILLING.

    THE BEAST AWAKENS AGAIN IN TWO DAYS


    GONNA FUCKIN GO INTO A COMA AND EAT UNTIL THEN

  12. #131
    Iron Addict chasebny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Eating
    Posts
    2,974

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Beast View Post
    One side is already larger then the other. Not due to DB rows, but maybe crooked spine. Always been like that. When it comes to hitting PR's, Ill KILL THAT SHIT regardless

    Majority of the back work is even though. For me I find it difficult to believe that one set would even stimulate growth. I require high volume, high intensity and alot of abuse to get anywhere.

    KILL THAT SHIT!!
    Maybe not growth, but tightness from the side that got worked is making the problem worse, even preventing you from hitting the side again next week. And if one side is bigger than the other, than its pretty clear that you have an imbalance which is worsening your problem with a crooked spine. Vicous cycle.
    Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

  13. #132
    Mass Monster Walking Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BEAST the FUCK up or SHUT the FUCK up
    Posts
    6,902
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chasebny View Post
    Maybe not growth, but tightness from the side that got worked is making the problem worse, even preventing you from hitting the side again next week. And if one side is bigger than the other, than its pretty clear that you have an imbalance which is worsening your problem with a crooked spine. Vicous cycle.

    Agreed about the tightness in one side on occasion. Thats one of the reasons I cycle dumbbell rows and dont do them every week. That and shoulder issues sometimes.

    KILL THAT SHIT!!

  14. #133
    Mass Monster Walking Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BEAST the FUCK up or SHUT the FUCK up
    Posts
    6,902
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Just killing some time now, waiting for my spotter to wake up. Today will be chest day. Mostly flat bench. Then possibly incline work on sunday, smith machine most likely.

    Possible targets to KILL today on flat bench are:

    225x39-40

    275x19-20

    315x8-9

    310 for the equivalent of 5 sets of 5

    Will attempt to hit PR's on those. 315x8-9 would be getting close to my old best of 12.

    A good part of that explosiveness will come from my choice of stimulants. Last week I did three scoops of super pump, got me crazy enough to hit some good PR's.

    The after effects were not the best though, and crazy heart beat effected my 225 for reps. Making me cough alot.

    May go with a scoop of anabolic super fuel which is what I have been taking to hit all my recent records.

    Eating hasnt been the best. Not as much food as Id like, and resources are low now.

    KILLING THAT SHIT in my mind til then

    KILL!!

  15. #134
    Beast connstellation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    On my Tarmac
    Posts
    7,189
    Gender
    Female

    Default

    Good training plan! I hate when supps F*** with you like that. I've had a few NO releasers that have had me going for way too long after taking them.
    SnakeBite Racing

  16. #135
    Mass Monster Walking Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BEAST the FUCK up or SHUT the FUCK up
    Posts
    6,902
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by connstellation View Post
    Good training plan! I hate when supps F*** with you like that. I've had a few NO releasers that have had me going for way too long after taking them.

    Know what you mean. I like it when the shit turns off by the time Im done. The anabolic super fuel lasts for an hour and a half and thats it. Three scoops of the super pump fucked up my appetite the rest of the day (appetite already fucked up as is), and made me wake up sweating and shit.

    If itll help with strength ill do it on certain days, but should be able to get the same effect with the super fuel and a red bull.

    KILL THAT SHIT!!

  17. #136
    Mass Monster Walking Beast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    BEAST the FUCK up or SHUT the FUCK up
    Posts
    6,902
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    3-12-09 Chest


    Decided to cut it a little short today. Alot of tension in upper back. No real PR's but atleast I sent the signal out. :

    (192lbs)

    Flat Bench Press:

    135x20
    225x37
    275x17
    315x7 1/2 (1/2 rep post injury PR)
    315x5
    310x3 (pinching in upper back)
    275x5 (slow with some pause)
    185x43

    Incline Hammer Strength:

    270x21 1/2
    270x8
    270x11

    Hopefully back will heal up some for next session

    KILL THAT SHIT!!

Page 8 of 334 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •