Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: has anyone done crossfit training??

popo...ha ha...i would love to compete some chick who could kick my ass too. sounds like an adventure. that is great that you are getting big..congrats to you.....keep it up man!!. remember what lance armstrong said, live strong...i say get big and stay strong!

speaking of chicks. ive been out of the academy for a while now. so i mentioned the cross fit training to the wife and well she made it part of her cardio kick boxing class and it also kicked everones ass. the worst part is that when i go to her class i can't hang with her. i end up walking just after 15 minutes of it. pretty humbling when ur wife makes you like a total bitch. lol

though highly fucking recomend it to anyone in law enforcement that type of training will safe ur ass more that just lifting heavy ass weights or just running ur chicken leggs off.

wow! that is so awesome about your wife. i am sure i would too. LOL...

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Everything you just wrote is a completely uninformed, biased crock of
    I would LOVE for you to elaborate.

Honestly, I really thought I was fair, concise and accurate.

If you really think I missed the boat, please share you thoughts so I don't go around spouting out false, "biased" information.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateThrilla View Post
    Honestly, I really thought I was fair, concise and accurate.

If you really think I missed the boat, please share you thoughts so I don't go around spouting out false, "biased" information.
    He's just pissed that you haven't drank the Kool-Aid yet.

ha ha...actually no he is not. he has his opinions about this crossft training method. I believe what he says it pretty much accurate. so, i dont think the cool aid would work for him. he is already pumped up...LOL

i think UltimateThrilla was right on the money with his post. so wheres this bs coming from.

Crossfit is one of the hardest training regiments you can do. No matter who you are you will gain something. It is not just for average joes but you must make your sessions more difficult as you come along( of course). No it is not designed for bodybuilders but this fits in most every other sports routine there is.

On the waist thing yea i dont agree either, but I hate to disagree with Mr.Glass. Its all in how you build your routine. Many Stars, Military, Police, Firefighters ,Professional athletes and fitness gurus everywhere are turning towards this training. Go ask Adrian Peterson Mr. Superman if crossfit works and I believe his rushing titles show it does.

<<<~~ive graduated from two different law enforcement academies one federal and one state their physical training is crossfit based. highly recomended for those out of shape popos out there to give it try might save ur life one day.

wow, thank guys..i was thinking about becoming certiifed as a crossfit trainer. hmmm, anyone want to hire me...lol.... but really...POPO has said lot of words and wisdom about the training. thanks to you MAN! and hate or love it..(LOL) wonder why you have that handle name- just crack me up... yea, it really is not for BB's. i think it is for anyone who wants to get in shape fast enough, but it has be done the right way. Thanks many of you and keep writing here in the thread. also, if you do the cross fit training exercises..you might want to write a journal exercises here and what you do. i will do the same...i do the 300 exercise that just came out from the muscle & Fitness magazine and i trained with one of my clients...boy, she was crashing down at the end of the hour routine and LOVED IT!!! LOL

Thanks BBWW lol. Yea I do a bit of it throughout my weeks sometimes and am a big fan of the rings - if you all have never used them they are the jam! Ill post up some of my sessions when I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Kaz View Post
    Crossfit is great if you're just an average schmoe trying to get in shape. It dabbles into many areas of fitness and makes you better at each of them.

However, if you're training for a sport, it's not so good. What it does for the average schmoe (makes you better in many areas), it doesn't do for the athlete who needs to be great or excellent in 2 or 3 areas to stand out in their sport.

If you're a wide receiver, crossfit isn't going to improve your downfield speed. If you're a powerlifter, crossfit isn't going to improve your deadlift. If you're a distance runner, crossfit isn't going to decrease your marathon time. See where this is going?

I can squat and deadlift more than most crossfitters and I'm willing to bet that my 50m and 100m sprint times would be in the top 5% among crossfitters, too. But that's because I train specifically for them. Your body becomes what you make it and crossfit tends to create jacks of all trades.
    I tend to agree with this explanation here without going into too much of the same ideas. I just feel with my experience in athletics, my own training as well as other's I have seen and read about , there is always this new name for something or this new program and yada yada yada. I mean go back to the eastern bloc country splits of the 60's and 70's. They had warehouse space with barbells and racks. They fucking busted their asses using maximal weights multiple times a day because thats what they expected their body do when they had to fire, fire with maximal effort. Maximal effort isn't just designed for the gym either, just go out and do something to maximum effort, whether it be jumping as explosively as possible, sprinting as fast as possible, draging or carrying objects such as strongman with maximal weight. That my friends will get you moving into the right direction. You need to invest your energy intellectually, phsiologically, emotionally, etc to be successful in what you're trying accomplish. And don't slap some name to it, and say oh i'm doing crossfit, or i'm doing westside or i'm doing mark rippetoe, or bill star 5x5, whatever, what a bunch of crap. Individualization must occur and do what needs to be done for your sport or goals.

Also some of you quoting great athletes like Adrian Peterson for example, that will accomplish nothing. We aren't taking into consideration years of participation in his sport (football), his superior genetics, diet, recovery, etc. I mean some guys just have it like that and that's why they are getting paid millions to do what they do. No matter what they train and some don't even train very much, they are still superior athletes. Just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    You have to customize your program if you want results in all areas. Check out my blog if you want an idea of how to integrate metabolic conditioning (aka, metcons, aka crossift) into a strength training program.
    Then is it really CF or just good old cross training? My two questions about CF are: (1) what's original about it? (2) what training effects can be had from it that can't be had from another version of cross training?

In the 80s, I used to do what people called giant sets with sprints. I would so something like rack pulls, dips, leg press, and sprints in the parking lot. Should I have named in Barbie and gotten rich?

These days, I will do chins (real chins, not that BS injury in the making "kipping" things CF favors...), incline dumbell presses, and front squats for higher reps with minimal/no rest and 5 mins of HIIT on a stair stepper, for 3 cycles.

Or, I will do Prowler pushing, rope climbing, and tire flipping. I named it "Will."

Is this Cross Fit? If I name it Bob, can I sell it? Cross Training has its place for sure, CF, which is 100% another version of cross training, can also have its place, but there's no doubt in my mind there's better choices for cross training that does not include high rep O lifts, kipping pull ups, etc.

This aint rocket science gang. Sure, if CF gets more people involved with exercise, great, I'm all for it, but every time you get a group of people to do something, they seem to form into a mob of morons who will then claim their "system" is the only one true system (visions of HIT here...) and make it unbearable for the rest of the world who has to deal with these insufferable sheep...I mean people....
    Will Brink @ www.BrinkZone.com

Quote Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
    i have train few people to do the 300 workout. man, it is fast and intense.
    so, has anyone done crossfit training and what do you think about it?
    I did Crossfit for 6 months and lost 30 pounds doing it. I also drastically improved my physical readiness test scores.

CrossFit generally uses weight training as cardio. And as for the guy who said something about Charles Glass, it is no more core (trunk) heavy than Olympic lifting.

The workouts aren't bodybuilder type, they will improve general athletic performance and enhance your weightloss.
    Dustin
    "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
    John Ruskin

Quote Originally Posted by Hate it or Love it! View Post
    Thanks BBWW lol. Yea I do a bit of it throughout my weeks sometimes and am a big fan of the rings - if you all have never used them they are the jam! Ill post up some of my sessions when I get a chance.
    Nothing compares to doing dips on rings - it is a far superior exercise to bar dips IMHO. Pull-ups too.
    Dustin
    "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
    John Ruskin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast