Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: has anyone done crossfit training??

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateThrilla View Post
    I would LOVE for you to elaborate.
    Because what you wrote is true.
    bodybuilders typically have very poor fitness scores because type II fibers are not as efficient as type I fibers. cross fit has been correctly spoken about in this thread. it's a little jack of all trades that doesn't really excel at any specific thing.
    I feel like people are talking about p90x or insanity when referring to cross fit. the fact of it is you should train for one goal for a designated time than switch goals. you can not train for muscular strength and endurance at the same time, it's counter productive and that's basically what CF is.

Drexel Long - NGA, FAME and IFPA Pro MsGuns's Avatar

CROSSFIT is my new hobby...
    Im looking fwd to qualifying for sectionals and regionals here in Tx in 2011.
    The WODS are GREAT!
    JOIN my health transformation challenge
    www dot flexwithdrexfor90days dot bodybyvi dot com

Crossfit seems pretty similar to what a lot of catch-wrestlers and old-school professional wrestlers are into, as far as, extreme muscle confusion, tons of body-weight exercises, etc. Even the use of rings.

Nobody

In my opinion, crossfit is a great tool but is not the end all be all. I work with athletes and athletes, above all, need to be explosive. Training aerobically works to convert muscle types which comes with a whole mess of anatomical changes within the muscle which are not conducive for power/explosion. It has it's place but I would never have a traditional athlete doing cleans for more than MAYBE 8 reps, and that's pushing it (again, just my opinion and philosophy). It's an explosive lift so I won't be teaching it as an aerobic tool.

Muscle Head

I want to try crossfit training but a bit scare, because of heavy weights and high intensity program.

you wanna be fit and build muscle? Do P.H.A. Training like Mr America Bob Gadja did.. look him up guy was strong and fit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123