Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro's, Help me improve your wikipedia articles.

Easy enough request. If that is not answered then I guess we have our answer as to who wikidude is.
    "The only lack or limitation is in your own mind."

MD!!!

www.LivingDeadMafia.com

Click for Audio

Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    tell me which picture you want and the dimensions you want it in and i can edit it. no problem
    How about the one in your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex England View Post
    This moron's justifacation is so weak, are you really telling me that it is the only non copyrighted image he could get?
    So far, Yes.

So would you remove the photo of adonis if a better image was offered to you?

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

ok i'll send it to you
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

I was in the press pit taking pictures at the Arnold, and I posted a few like this on Branch's thread that are allowed to be used. If you want a high res pic contact me directly and I can send one to you. He cant give you any pics because of contractual limitations. However as his training partner and taking pics as a photographer in the pit I can release to you any pics that I want. So you have my permission to use any of the pictures I took for a positive and accurate representation of Branch. If in any way it is not positive or accurate then I will remove the right to use any of my photographs as he is not just my training partner he is like my brother.

Thanks,

David
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alex England View Post
    So would you remove the photo of adonis if a better image was offered to you?
    I might move it somewhere else, But until I get enough good images so that one becomes obsolete then I don't see a good reason to remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    ok i'll send it to you

Norton, Check your E-mail. Those images you sent were copyrighted by Pat Lee.
    Link

Even if the images are of you, that doesn't necessarily mean you own the copyright to them. See if you can get Pat Lee to E-mail me the permission to use them for Wikipedia if he dones indeed own the copyright to them which I think he does.

Or you could just get a friend to take a photograph that you own the copyright to that I can use.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikidudeman View Post
    I might move it somewhere else, But until I get enough good images so that one becomes obsolete then I don't see a good reason to remove it.
    Yeah try moving it under the heading deluded...

Seems appropriate for him..

Quote Originally Posted by CUT260 View Post
    I was in the press pit taking pictures at the Arnold, and I posted a few like this on Branch's thread that are allowed to be used. If you want a high res pic contact me directly and I can send one to you. He cant give you any pics because of contractual limitations. However as his training partner and taking pics as a photographer in the pit I can release to you any pics that I want. So you have my permission to use any of the pictures I took for a positive and accurate representation of Branch. If in any way it is not positive or accurate then I will remove the right to use any of my photographs as he is not just my training partner he is like my brother.

Thanks,

David
    Hello David, Thank you very much. Where is that thread? Can you post the link to it?

Also, As far as "Positive and accurate" go. I can only guarantee that it will be accurate information. However if Branch were to pull a Craig Titus for instance then I can't guarantee that his Wikipedia profile will be "positive" towards him and would have to report events as they occurred. This is just an example, More likely examples might be someone deciding to report a notable criticism of one of his showings or something like that, but this doesn't really occur in bodybuilding articles.

As far as "accurate" goes, You can see his wikipedia entry here and tell me if everything is accurate or not. I'll fix factual errors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branch_Warren

Hello David, Thank you very much. Where is that thread? Can you post the link to it?

Also, As far as "Positive and accurate" go. I can only guarantee that it will be accurate information. However if Branch were to pull a Craig Titus for instance then I can't guarantee that his Wikipedia profile will be "positive" towards him and would have to report events as they occurred. This is just an example, More likely examples might be someone deciding to report a notable criticism of one of his showings or something like that, but this doesn't really occur in bodybuilding articles.

As far as "accurate" goes, You can see his wikipedia entry here and tell me if everything is accurate or not. I'll fix factual errors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branch_Warren
    Totally agreed. Thank God we dont have to worry about him doing a Craig! Branch has to be one of the most quiet and humble pros I know.

The post I was referring to is on MD under the main forum page under the MD Staff and Pros section, however here is the exact link to the page where the pics are posted:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/f...t=1746&page=28

There are some corrections needed for the page. They are as follows:

• Full Name: William Branch Warren
    • Nickname: Quadrasaurus
    • Place of Birth: Tyler, Texas
    • Date of Birth: February 28, 1975
    • Residence: Southlake, Texas
    • Height: 5'7"
    • Contest Weight: 255 lbs.
    • Off-Season Weight: 275 lbs.
    • Eye Color: Green
    • Hair Color: Brown
    • Arms (contest): 21"
    • Thighs (contest): 31"
    • Waist (contest): 32"
    • Bench Press: 500 lbs. x 6 reps
    • Incline Dumbell Press: 240 lbs. x 10 reps
    • Barbell Curl: 225 lbs. x 15 reps
    • Deadlift (1 rep max.): 750 lbs.
    • Squat: 700 lbs. x 5 reps
    • Biggest Influence: Mother
    • Marital Status: Married
    • Wife: Trish Warren, IFBB Fitness.Fitness Pro
    Thanks, everything looks good. Hopefully one day I will have one too.

All the best,

David

This is a legitimate person who works for Wikipedia........... he did my Wiki entry.......and he's looking to update the site with any top level bodybuilders who have made a name in the sport. Please email him if you think you qualify!

All done

Link

Also, Cut260. You could have a wikipedia profile if you are notable enough. What shows have you won? What have you done that is notable?

Quote Originally Posted by huge285 View Post
    This is a legitimate person who works for Wikipedia........... he did my Wiki entry.......and he's looking to update the site with any top level bodybuilders who have made a name in the sport. Please email him if you think you qualify!
    Thank you.

However a correction. I don't "work" for Wikipedia in the classical sense. I don't get paid or have no contract etc. I volunteer my time to help improve Wikipedia articles. However I do a lot of "work" to help improve the articles.

Thank you.

However a correction. I don't "work" for Wikipedia in the classical sense. I don't get paid or have no contract etc. I volunteer my time to help improve Wikipedia articles. However I do a lot of "work" to help improve the articles.
    Hi Wikidudeman

Keep up the good work.

I've edited/added/restructured a few Wikipedia articles. I encourage others to help improve the quality of this public resource.

I’ve got some pics (I need to get scanned) from a comp a few weeks ago. Once I get them up, you can use what you like.

I need to get a digital camera! I need to be happy that what I getting is an adequate replacement for my analogue Canon EOS 50E (1997). Still remember the first rolls of film I put through that camera, the 1997 Natural World Cup (INBA/ABA) in Auckland, NZ.

I worry about the ‘Shutter release lag’ I’ve seen of some digital cameras. In a sport where shot timing is important, it’s an issue!

Gnoll110

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast