Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why doesnt Gyno come back after surgery?

Default Why doesnt Gyno come back after surgery?

Can someone explain to me the mechanisms behind why gynecomastia does not develop again after you have surgery to remove it.

I know Dr Blau has said that you can remove up to 98% of the gland without decompression. But if you leave some of the gland there isnt there a chance it could grow back?

Dedicated Noob
    munich, Germany (where the annual Oktoberfest takes place)

There is definitly a chance for the gyno to grow back. That`s what happend to me about 6 months after my surgery. The right one grew back, the left one never bothered me. So I went back to the surgeon, had a second surgery and since then Ive never had any problems.
    The doc said that there is always a possibility for one of the remaining cells to start mitosis. If that happens the gland develops again, if not you`re fine. (At least that`s what i was able to extract out of his highly-educated-medical-gibberish.)

So guys correct me if I got that wrong

Do most surgeons take the gyno out free of charge if it comes back within a year or so? (if you return to the same surgeon of course)
    "Do Work"

dave has stated that Dr. Blau does that for sure although i can't speak on behalf of all other surgeons. i would think so seeing that they did not get the job done right the first time.

Dedicated Noob
    munich, Germany (where the annual Oktoberfest takes place)

Do you have to pay for the surgery in the US????? In Germany it is covered by insurance.
    How much do they charge?

I can't emphasize enough how important is the role of the Surgeon as far as the surgical results and the recurrence rate.
    1. Incision size and location
    2. Removing all the functioning Glandular tissue.
    3. Aesthetic results. gynecomastia in bodybuilders
    In the last 10 years we did not have any recurrence and did not have complains about scars.(After thousands Gynecomastia Surgeries we performed)
    If the Gynecomastia will ever reoccur there will not be a fee for correction.
    Award winning sculptor and painter.
    Dr. Blau is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon &
    A Diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.
    http://www.cosmetic-md.com
    http://www.gynecomastia-md.com

914-428-4700

My problem is not the levels of test in me but I am sensitive to the test spike after an injection. I have been worried that after the surgery there is nothing to stop me from still being sensitive. Maybe Im looking at it the wrong way?

As long as all the 'functioning' glandular tissue is removed the gyno should not come back no matter how sensitive I am to conversion? Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by wyllis100 View Post
    My problem is not the levels of test in me but I am sensitive to the test spike after an injection. I have been worried that after the surgery there is nothing to stop me from still being sensitive. Maybe Im looking at it the wrong way?

As long as all the 'functioning' glandular tissue is removed the gyno should not come back no matter how sensitive I am to conversion? Is this correct?
    So far this is my experience and after performing thousands of Gynecomastia procedures in body builders there were not recurrences.
    Award winning sculptor and painter.
    Dr. Blau is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon &
    A Diplomat of the American Board of Plastic Surgeons.
    http://www.cosmetic-md.com
    http://www.gynecomastia-md.com

914-428-4700

Can someone explain to me the mechanisms behind why gynecomastia does not develop again after you have surgery to remove it.
    Some times it does. It's not uncommon for people to have had several gyno surgeries. The mechanism is simple: removal of the tissue sensitive to estrogens = no more gyno. You can't remove all of it or the area looks messed up, thus why it can come back and often does.
    Will Brink @ www.BrinkZone.com

Does anyone have any pics of someone that has had all the gland removed. I believe that this leaves decompression under the nipple but I am having a hard time picturing what that will look like.

Does anyone have a week-1 photo and detailed description of what gyno looks/feels like so we can get an idea of what were looking for prior to the full blown H.E.L.P!! signs?

Thanks.

A week 1 photo will show you nothing mate. Its not like you simply wake up 1 day and you have bad gyno. IMO you know when you have it forming, you are very concious of it and think about it all the time. It can also be sore and the obvious one is that the lump under you nipple is getting bigger.

Mine is still not noticable to other people even though it has been forming for the past 8 months!!! I have tried everything to stop it from growing and the only thing that has worked is coming off AS.

Thats why Im considering getting the whole gland removed as Im worried that if I cant stop it now then what what will stop it after most of it is chopped out and a little bit is left in there.

if you go see dr blau it wont come back. if you go see another surgeon you are risking it. ive had it done twice and wish i had gone with dr blau.

Dr Blau what do you think of the fat flap technique as descirbed by one of the surgeons on the gynecomastia.org board?

Basically he says that when he removes the glad in order to avoid decompression and to support the nipple he replaces a little of where the gland was with a bit of fat. This way he says he can remove the whole gland.

Dr Blau what do you think of the fat flap technique as descirbed by one of the surgeons on the gynecomastia.org board?

Basically he says that when he removes the glad in order to avoid decompression and to support the nipple he replaces a little of where the gland was with a bit of fat. This way he says he can remove the whole gland.
    Interestingly enough, some of the folks in this situation do not have much fat to use nonetheless, who's to say that after dieting, that the fat will not disappear.

Now, I'm interested in knowing as well.

As far as I am aware if the person has very low bodyfat then even if the whole gland is removed there should be either very little or no decompression anyway.

I would still like to know Dr Blau's views on this though....

If a person gets gyno removed and only runs about 2 light cycles per year, would that create enough to cause a recurrence?
    "Do Work"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast