Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Master Bodybuilder 2009 competition thread

Last show was 1991, I plan to do the Tournament of Champions Sept 12, possibly the Border States Nov 17. I am 49 and will compete in the maters, novice and open.

Master's Nats and Team Universe. Yes, 45 and over classes battle for a pro card this year.
    "Bring the beauty back!"

I am 44 and will be competing at Team U in September.

Quote Originally Posted by pesty4077 View Post
    Last show was 1991, I plan to do the Tournament of Champions Sept 12, possibly the Border States Nov 17. I am 49 and will compete in the maters, novice and open.
    You can compete in the Masters class but usually must choose between Novice and Open.
    Scott "Old Navy" Hults
    Master Pro Bodybuilder
    www.BodyBuildingSenior.com

Nobody

2009 NZFBB South Island Championships - Masters 50+

NABBA South Islands 2009 - Not sure what category I'd be in.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
    You can compete in the Masters class but usually must choose between Novice and Open.
    From my understanding, You can compete in all 3, I have saw some that do. Open is for everyone, Masters for 40 and over, novice is for anyone is has not won an overall. I only my weight class in 1991. I have Alex Azarian doing my prep, and he goes to all these shows.

Default master bodybuilding

It’s easy to rest on your laurels, if you have lots of them - like Melvin Anthony Jr.’s rarefied aesthetics, sweeping fullness and standing-O posing routine - but the greatest of champions are those who, like Anthony, cannot rest if there’s one laurel left to grasp. Those are the overachievers, chased by the demon that tells them they’ve not yet reached their potential. Time has taught them humility and hardened their will, a combination doomed to frustration but assured of improvement, as Anthony has seen for his chest.

Gonna do the All South in St Augustine, Fl on November 14th and hopefully the Nationals in Ft. Lauderdale the following weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by pesty4077 View Post
    From my understanding, You can compete in all 3, I have saw some that do. Open is for everyone, Masters for 40 and over, novice is for anyone is has not won an overall. I only my weight class in 1991. I have Alex Azarian doing my prep, and he goes to all these shows.
    Some shows do allow all three and some don't. The NPC Vulcan made my athlete choose between Novice and Open. He did the Open (3rd) and Masters 40+ (3rd).
    Scott "Old Navy" Hults
    Master Pro Bodybuilder
    www.BodyBuildingSenior.com

Quote Originally Posted by carolyn bryant View Post
    Master's Nats and Team Universe. Yes, 45 and over classes battle for a pro card this year.
    Cool! See you at the Masters Nationals..

Quote Originally Posted by dougie View Post
    These are my plans for my 2009 comp schedule.

Oct 10th San Francisco BB Championships

Nov 7th Sacramento BB Championships

Dec 5th Excaliber BB Championsips.

The first two I will be doing for sure, the Excaliber I am not too sure about, need to see if I have any gas left in the tank after the first two. I will also be moving into the 50 and over class as I turn 50 in June. The first half of the year will be to make improvements, the second half will mostly be dieting.
    Damn Dougie - that's quite a schedule - awsome! you got any pic you can post? I'm in the same boat (49 1/2) but not in good enough shape to compete. Maybe next year - I like the idea of being a "masters" and a novice - LOL! Props dude for being in great shape.

Default 1st comp

My first comp is coming up in August: Heart of Dixie in Mobile 8-22. I may look at the one in LA in July also if I'm ready in time. But the Dixie is my target. It is a Natl Qual so if I all goes well.....who knows!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12