Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Master Bodybuilder 2009 competition thread

Exclamation Master Bodybuilder 2009 competition thread

If any of you 40 and up are competing in 2009, please consider posting your competition schedule in this thread

Thanks for the consideration and best of luck this year in all your comps
    Last edited by Daibhí O'Buadain; January 15th, 2009 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks, Dave.

So far in 2009:

I am doing an international magazine photo shoot in Los Angeles on January 30.

I am competing in the 2009 FAME Masters World Championships in Montreal, Canada on June 13.

I am judging the 2009 NGA Music City Night of Champions in Nashville, Tennessee on June 30.

I am promoting the 2009 NGA Alabama Natural Open Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Model Championships (Pro Qualifier) in Birmingham, Alabama on July 11

I am considering competing in a NGA Masters Pro competition in September in Atlanta and the 2009 NPA Masters Universe in Virginia in October.

I am Master of Ceremonies at the 2009 NGA Nationals and Pro Universe in Florida in November.
    Scott "Old Navy" Hults
    Master Pro Bodybuilder
    www.BodyBuildingSenior.com

Default Masters Nationals

I was just wondering has anyone heard are they giving an over 45 card to the women?? Or still over 35 only??

These are my plans for my 2009 comp schedule.

Oct 10th San Francisco BB Championships

Nov 7th Sacramento BB Championships

Dec 5th Excaliber BB Championsips.

The first two I will be doing for sure, the Excaliber I am not too sure about, need to see if I have any gas left in the tank after the first two. I will also be moving into the 50 and over class as I turn 50 in June. The first half of the year will be to make improvements, the second half will mostly be dieting.

Nope, as far as I've heard the only new pro card for bodybuilding in 2009 is to the 2nd woman at the USA. But someone who is 36-45 could win that card!

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat22 View Post
    I was just wondering has anyone heard are they giving an over 45 card to the women?? Or still over 35 only??
    My show, the 2009 NGA Natural Open Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Model Championships in Birmingham, Alabama on July 11, is offering a Women's Bodybuilding Open, Masters 35-44 and Masters 45+ class. If we have five competitors in your class, we will present an NGA Masters Pro Card to the winner.
    Scott "Old Navy" Hults
    Master Pro Bodybuilder

Default 2009 Competition Schedule

All NPC Shows

April 11 Vulcan Classic Birmingham, AL

Other Possibilities

June 20 Hub City Quest Jackson, TN
    July 11 Greater Tenn. Valley Huntsville, AL
    Aug 8 Clash at the Capstone Tuscaloosa, AL
    Oct 17 East Tennessee Expo Knoxville, TN

The Vulcan will be my first time on stage. The remaining schedule will depend on how things go with the first show. I hope to do 3 to 4 shows this year. I will turn 50 in early October and may enter the grand masters class in Knoxville.

For now, the North American Bodybuilding Championships, August 28-29, Cleveland, Ohio

NPC USA Championships
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    July 24-25, 2009

Beach Body

Compete for Pro-Card June 6th North Carolina
    NGA Pro Qualifier
    http://www.oxbodypromotions.com/nc_events.html

Pro/AM Event
    2009 NGA Music City Night of the Champions June 27th, Nashville, TN
    http://www.oxbodypromotions.com/tn_events.html

NPC 2009 TENNESSEE STATE BODYBUILDING, FIGURE CHAMPIONSIHPS
    "A NATIONAL QUALIFIER"

DATE: AUGUST 15TH, 2009
    ENTRY FROM AND MORE CONTEST INFORMATION COMING SOON
    PROMOTERS: BRYAN HAYWORTH 423-677-3347
    ROGER MCCONNELL 423-612-0252

I competed in the NPC Northern Kentucky show - 4th in the 50+ HW Masters. I also competed in the NPC Atlanta Show two weeks ago, 1st in the 50+ LH (no one else in the class, so no big deal - I am not a trophy hunter) I crossed over to the Open LH and won 1st place agains a younger and larger competitor. I have one more show to do this year - so dieting more. Not sure if it will be State level or National - but I find the larger more competitive shows are best after cutting your teeth on the small ones to gain experience.

Quote Originally Posted by fitiron View Post
    Compete for Pro-Card June 6th North Carolina
    NGA Pro Qualifier
    http://www.oxbodypromotions.com/nc_events.html

Pro/AM Event
    2009 NGA Music City Night of the Champions June 27th, Nashville, TN
    http://www.oxbodypromotions.com/tn_events.html

NPC 2009 TENNESSEE STATE BODYBUILDING, FIGURE CHAMPIONSIHPS
    "A NATIONAL QUALIFIER"
    DATE: AUGUST 15TH, 2009
    ENTRY FROM AND MORE CONTEST INFORMATION COMING SOON
    PROMOTERS: BRYAN HAYWORTH 423-677-3347
    ROGER MCCONNELL 423-612-0252
    Are you skipping my show, the 2009 NGA Alabama Natural Open Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Model Championships (Pro Qualifier) in Birmingham, Alabama on July 11? www.NGAAlabamaOpen.com
    Scott "Old Navy" Hults
    Master Pro Bodybuilder

Quote Originally Posted by R Prince View Post
    All NPC Shows

April 11 Vulcan Classic Birmingham, AL

Other Possibilities

June 20 Hub City Quest Jackson, TN
    July 11 Greater Tenn. Valley Huntsville, AL
    Aug 8 Clash at the Capstone Tuscaloosa, AL
    Oct 17 East Tennessee Expo Knoxville, TN

The Vulcan will be my first time on stage. The remaining schedule will depend on how things go with the first show. I hope to do 3 to 4 shows this year. I will turn 50 in early October and may enter the grand masters class in Knoxville.
    Did you have fun at the NPC Vulcan? I was there with my athlete, Todd, who placed 3rd in the Masters 40+ and 3rd in the Open Middleweight Class.

Please consider competing my my show, the 2009 NGA Alabama Natural Open Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Model Championships (Pro Qualifier) in Birmingham, Alabama on July 11 (www.NGAAlabamaOpen.com)
    Scott "Old Navy" Hults
    Master Pro Bodybuilder

Default 2009 Masters Bodybuilding

Quote Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
    Did you have fun at the NPC Vulcan? I was there with my athlete, Todd, who placed 3rd in the Masters 40+ and 3rd in the Open Middleweight Class.

Please consider competing my my show, the 2009 NGA Alabama Natural Open Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Model Championships (Pro Qualifier) in Birmingham, Alabama on July 11 (www.NGAAlabamaOpen.com)
    It was nice meeting you in the athletes lounge before the evening show. Your athlete, Todd, was shredded and looked great.

I placed 1st in the Vulcan Novice Middleweight Class and competed in the Masters 40+ class, but did not place.

The 2009 NGA Alabama Open on July 11 conflicts with the NPC Greater Tennessee Valley show I will be doing in nearby (25 miles) Huntsville.

All the best to Todd and your other athletes.

Default 2009 Masters Bodybuilding

Quote Originally Posted by DIALEDIN View Post
    ...I find the larger more competitive shows are best after cutting your teeth on the small ones to gain experience.
    That is pretty much the approach I am taking during my first year. I am shying away from qualifying shows, but doing as many shows as possible to learn and gain experience. After early October, I will qualify to compete in the Masters 50+ and will then begin considering some of the qualifying shows.

YEP, THE WOMEN 45 AND OVER IN BB AND FIGURE WILL BE BLESSED WITH A PRO CARD NOW AS THE 35 AND OVER WOMEN R

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat22 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by R Prince View Post
    It was nice meeting you in the athletes lounge before the evening show. Your athlete, Todd, was shredded and looked great.

I placed 1st in the Vulcan Novice Middleweight Class and competed in the Masters 40+ class, but did not place.

The 2009 NGA Alabama Open on July 11 conflicts with the NPC Greater Tennessee Valley show I will be doing in nearby (25 miles) Huntsville.

All the best to Todd and your other athletes.
    If I recall, you told me you are a "natural" athlete. Why are you competing in non-tested shows? Come to my show and compete for a natural Masters Pro card. You can then compete in September in Atlanta at a NGA Master Pro show and maybe win a cash prize. I will be competing in that show in Atlanta in the Grand Master Pro Class (50+). By the way, Todd can't compete in my July 11th natural show. That's why I trained him for the NPC Vulcan. Nevertheless, as a professional chiropractor, Todd is one of my show's sponsors and will have a booth in the lobby.
    Scott "Old Navy" Hults
    Master Pro Bodybuilder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast