Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Please Critique.. Help with Flaws

Default Please Critique.. Help with Flaws

Age-24 Height-5'7 Current Weight in Photos-190lbs
    Years training 4... (1year total of actual bodybuilding-training, diet wise)
    i know my bf is not low.. thus lack of overall definition.. Is my body Proportionate? What is My Major Lagging Body Parts.. cant fix them all at once.. so i would like to prioritize.. ive been told my shoulders overpower my physique.. so i've tried to bring everything else up.. im sure i can find some before pics.. to show more details.. but (deep breath) here go.. i would like to compete.. but i dont wanna look like a total tool on stage..

its all uphill from here..

Chest , lower lats, great start, your pretty thick, legs could be bigger

Your chest could use some thickness, and your lat insertions look to be really high, so like Noel said you'll have to overcome that. I certainly dont think your shoulders overpower anything.

As an aside, you're really jacking up that rear lat spread. I thought maybe it was just when the picture was taken, but I noticed your avatar is the same way, even though its a different picture. Dont lean your head forward or tuck your chin down into your chest. It flattens your traps out, and robs you of selling your back off to a row of judges who are already seated below you.
    That it will never come again is what makes life sweet.

chest and legs...legs especially when you diet down...so they dont look too skinny. good starting point!
    Team-TammyFitness
    hersuppz.com code TAMMY

thank you! yes chest is very weak imo... legs have actually come up a bit.. currently they are 24 inches.. but no sweep.. any recommendations for the my lat insertions? yes i realize my head is down in those pics.. ill take a better pic with out head lowered. Thank you very much for the input!

One arm dumbbell rows to the hip , one arm cable rows, the lats will drop as you get more size, good call on the posing Holy

this pic is from May.. but with no head tuck.. i was about 180-185lbs somwhere in there..

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    One arm dumbbell rows to the hip
    This is a great suggestion, especially if you let your arm really stretch on the bottom of the movement.
    That it will never come again is what makes life sweet.

rear delts look good in 2nd pic
    Team-TammyFitness
    hersuppz.com code TAMMY

Thank you! ive really made it a point to train them first in my shoulder routine.. give them extra attention.. guess that means it working.

I think you have a really good base to start with. I don't think your shoulders are overpowering.

I'd like to see you bring up your legs more and yes on chest thickness.

Recently competed in July .. ill post pics for a new evaluation
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KindaSwol; December 17th, 2011 at 08:34 PM.

PHOTO UPLOAD FAIL!!!
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KindaSwol View Post
    Recently competed in July .. ill post pics for a new evaluation

stats btw - 27, 5'6 NOT 5'7.. contest weight was 173.6Lbs

First off very good improvements in the past 2 years. You look good in your standing relax pose. Some more back width and thickness would help your physique. You have really good shape and symmetry. I would just keep doing what u are doing to add some more size overall and maintain your pleasing lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    First off very good improvements in the past 2 years. You look good in your standing relax pose. Some more back width and thickness would help your physique. You have really good shape and symmetry. I would just keep doing what u are doing to add some more size overall and maintain your pleasing lines.
    Thank you !! Thats the plan.. taking the next 9 months to make improvements before possibly stepping on stage again.