Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 176 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: KETO DIET Q & A THREAD

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

Quote Originally Posted by rockyk86 View Post
    Myth / Legend, I have a few Questions. I apologize if they have been answered in the previous thread.

1. I feel bloated when I add salt to my food, Should I drop the salt or switch to an alternative?

WATER BLOAT OR GASTROINTESTINAL BLOAT? SUBCUTANEOUS WATER BLOAT SHOULD NOT BE DRASTIC AS LONG AS YOU ARE TAKING IN PLENTY OF FLUIDS, THUS CONSTANTLY FLUSHING FLUIDS OUT.

2. Are carbs mandatory during the mass gain phase?

MANDATORY? NO. OPTIMAL? YES!

THEY WOULD ONLY BE MANDATORY IF DAVE WAS GOD AND "EATING CARBS" WAS ONE OF HIS COMMANDMENTS WRITTEN IN STONE, LOL

3. During the Mass Gain phase, Can I just increase my fat intake and consume Macro nutrients in a ratio of 50:45:5 (P:F:C)?

Carbs make me feel lethargic, I tend to do well on Diets incorporating P+F (Anabolic Diet), However, after reading various threads against utilization of bad fats in AD, I switched to a P+F diet incorporating good fats (npb, nuts).

IT'S ALL ABOUT TIMING BRO. FIND OUT YOUR LBM. TAKE IN .25P/.085F PER POUND LBM EVERY 2.5-3HRS BEING AWAKE, THEN TAKE IN .75-1C PER POUND LBM THE ENTIRE DAY, SPLIT EVENLY AMONG MEAL 1, PWO, AND PWO2. TRY NOT TO EAT CARBS PRE-WORKOUT IF YOU CAN HELP IT. THIS GREATLY REDUCES THE LETHARGY COMMONLY ASSOCIATED WITH CARBS IN CONJUCTION WITH TRAINING SHORTLY THEREAFTER.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
    As far as Chromium Polynicotinate goes, 200mcg was recommended to start with and adjust in tiny tiny increments IF necessary. 1000mcg from 1 cap of Higher Power or even 600mcg as Myth takes at one taking would be very risky for others. Everyones body works differently so be safe.
    This is true. But I think by now I need not put a disclaimer on anything I do, as I am known as "Myth," thus the things I do are purely mythical...ok that was gay, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bretter View Post
    does anyone monitor body temps? I had my giant cheat meal friday night and this morning my body temp was a measily 95.9 degrees... Im around 12 % BF, maybe time to employ the "refeed day"?
    Not only is it time to employ a refeed day instead of a measly cheat meal, it's time to buy a new f*cking thermometer! You would have hypothermia if that thing were accurate. Unless you are the walking dead, I suggest buying a new one, LOL.

Or you can take your temp the truly accurate way....and shove it up your ass, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Legend, Myth,

Do you think it's acceptable to incorporate a little red meat into this diet?

Absolutely, I would recommend that you do.

96% lean ground beef, 8oz (raw) has 50g protein and 8-9g fat.

Remember, when its cooked, the protein remains the same, and the fat content drops.

You think Dave would approve of having 8oz of this along with some olive oil or nuts to bring the total fat up to 20g?

Yes to the oil

I'd love to add a meal or two of ground beef...right now I'm doing 4 chicken meals and two whey meals, fats from olive oil, ANPB, and walnuts.
    Yeah, add at least 1 96% lean ground beef meal, with a small green salad, and EVOO

Myth / Legend, I have a few Questions. I apologize if they have been answered in the previous thread.

I feel bloated when I add salt to my food
    You feel an intestinal bloat when you ingest sodium??

Are you on keto?

Should I drop the salt or switch to an alternative?
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    All active people, especially athletes, need at least 3 x the amount of sodium the FDA recommends. On a keto diet, you need even more.

Keeping sodium low will cause you to feel like shit, cause you to be flat as a board, will cause you to feel weak and tired, and will cause you to be very sodium sensitive when you do eat a meal with alot of sodium.

Keep your sodium high through the entire diet, wether you're doin a show or not, unless you have genetic uncontrolled high blood pressure.

Question

Myth,

1. My Breakfast is my pre-workout meal, if I were to avoid carbs in that meal, would it make more sense to split carb intake

during workout, pwo and pwo2

or

should i split the carbs pwo and pwo2 ?

2. How do I re-introduce carbs after following a Ketogenic diet for few months ?

Should I introduce carbs pwo with a weekly increment of 10 gms till i reach my desired carb requirement?

Quote Originally Posted by brock125 View Post
    Ok Legend thanks. I'll start taking it after my empty stomach cardio with my first meal and post workout.

You feel an intestinal bloat when you ingest sodium??

Are you on keto?
    Sorry, Not sure what an intestinal bloat is.

I never consumed salt with food, but after reading your previous posts I began incorporating in my diet. If I dont consume salt with my meals, I feel fine, However, if i consume it with my meals, i feel slightly bloated.

Yes, I'm on the Palumbo Diet for cutting.
    Last edited by rockyk86; February 9th, 2009 at 03:06 PM.

Sorry, Not sure what an intestinal bloat is.

When you ingest sodium, it makes you feel like you got the runs, or it makes you feel like you are gassy inside your intestines.

Yes, I'm on the Palumbo Diet for cutting.

Gassy inside my intestines

Gassy inside my intestines

So, basicly....you're saying it makes you feel like you gotta fart?

How much salt did you start adding, and when did you start adding?

Are you adding to every meal?

Hey Legen any ideas for good red meat? kinda tired of Ground Beef and not to sure how many options I can use.
    Are you sure that is 2 TBSP of Peanut Butter?

So, basicly....you're saying it makes you feel like you gotta fart?

yes

How much salt did you start adding, and when did you start adding?

Its been 8-9 days, I sprinkle 2-3 gms over chicken breast

Are you adding to every meal?

Just to 3 meals out of the alloted six

yes ...lol

I sprinkle 2-3 gms over chicken breast

2-3g is too much at one time. 2g =2000mg 3g = 3000mg

you need roughly about 1/4 tsp added to every meal.

1/4 tsp = about 480-500mg

500mg x 6 = 3000mg

So, you need roughly about 3-3.5g for an entire day.

Its been 8-9 days

Also, since you were not adding salt, its will take a little time for your body to adjust.

Just to 3 meals out of the alloted six

Start adding 1/4 teaspoon to every meal (even protein shakes), this will actually lower your current sodium intake, but it will spread it out evenly, and you will not have a sudden influx of a massive amount of sodium, which can cause intestinal bloating.
    Last edited by Legend; February 9th, 2009 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzy View Post
    Hey Legen any ideas for good red meat? kinda tired of Ground Beef and not to sure how many options I can use.
    I usually recommend ground beef because its much easier for the body to digest.

You can also use cuts like, Beef flank steak, Bison, and eye of round(beef), etc.

I personally prefer ground meats.

Legend,
    How come you suggest using mac nut oil before bed over all natural pb?
    Can olive oil replace mac nut oil? Its all I have.

You can get Chromium Poly from any nutrition website.
    Thank you as always

Thanks a lot Legend

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

Myth,

1. My Breakfast is my pre-workout meal, if I were to avoid carbs in that meal, would it make more sense to split carb intake

during workout, pwo and pwo2

or

should i split the carbs pwo and pwo2 ?

2. How do I re-introduce carbs after following a Ketogenic diet for few months ?

Should I introduce carbs pwo with a weekly increment of 10 gms till i reach my desired carb requirement?
    no, either consume carbs at meal 1, or the 3 PWO meals. lethargy shouldn't be a problem with carbs at meal 1, as you should be very insulin sensitive from fasting all night.

re-introduce carbs by eating .75-1g per pound LBM split among 3 meals

you're thinking too hard, keep it simple. I've already done more thinking about these things over the years than you could possibly imagine, so trust in the Myth

Page 10 of 176 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast