Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 176 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: KETO DIET Q & A THREAD

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

Quote Originally Posted by JasonCA View Post
    myth, what diet soda do you recommend with your slurpee? All the diet sodas I've seen contain aspartame, maltosextrin, sucrose.
    Most of my whey is unflavored, so I keep some True Protein Premium flavors around. Right now I have bananas and cream, chocolate chip cookie dough, and chocolate mint. The only flavored soda that goes well with these is coke. Now if I had vanilla flavor, I might use orange soda or root beer or mountain dew code red. So it really all depends on the flavor of whey.

I for one have NEVER seen a diet soda that contains sucrose. What is maltosextrin? Do I see a Freudian slip there, you horny bastard, you? Lay off the test!

Aspartame is fine. You would have to eat 1/2 your damned body weight in it to suffer adverse effects. Remember all these "studies" are skewed for various reasons. Think of all the sugar soda companies that sponsor these "studies" so that people will stop drinking diet soda and revert back to good old sugar soda.

LOL!! I ment maltodextrin. Typing on this iPhone could get a little tricky sometimes. So it's okay to have a few diet sodas without interfering with insulin levels? I've seen some cheap diet soda brand that said it had sucralose and in parenthesis (sp?) said splenda brand and wasn't sure if it contained maltodextrin and dextrose because of the splenda brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post

Not only is it time to employ a refeed day instead of a measly cheat meal, it's time to buy a new f*cking thermometer! You would have hypothermia if that thing were accurate. Unless you are the walking dead, I suggest buying a new one, LOL.
    thats what i thought. anyway, i was hesitant on the refeed day because Im no ecto like yourself...

at 200lbs lbm, how many lowfat carbs should I take in. Im planning around 500-600 over 6 meals. I would have searched the old thread if they hadn't deleted it.... thanks

Myth how long after a refeed will it take to get back into Keto? Also at the start of the diet what sides should we experience? Fatigue,Headaches, lack of energy? anything other then that?
    Are you sure that is 2 TBSP of Peanut Butter?

Thanks!
    When in Rome, act like a dumbass.

Hi guys!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/fus/subq.html

I was reading the label on this fat burner and I was wondering what you thought about it? I have seen that many of you take pure caffeine tabs (containing up to 200 mgs of pure caffeine) in morning before cardio and again later in the day (per workout).

I see that the main ingrediense in this fat burner here are amino acids, green tea and caffeine.

I'm currently on a KETO diet and I know Dave does not recommend fat burners containing stimulants. On the other hand I have seen that he recommends green tee and many of you guys that are on KETO diets are taking pure caffeine.

So please give me your opinion but READ the label before you start bashing it =)

Thank you!

Legend, why do you count the fiber toward your carb intake?
    The natural PB I've seen that contains 6g carbs in 2 tbs, contains only 2g of fiber out of 6g of carbs.

The natural PB I've seen that contains 8g carbs in 2 tbs, contains only 3-4g of fiber out of 8g of carbs.

You already know I have OCD when I'm dieting, so, FOR ME PERSONALLY, I don't like the Idea of taking in 4-6g of sugar (natural nut sugar) right before I go to sleep, and when there is absolutely no reason to. I can just have mac-nut oil that contains zero sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by adilevy View Post
    Thanks for the reply's on my glycerol(from liquid aminos) question,will it be that crucial if i still use them during the keto diet?(i mean,there is only 20grams of glycerine in each serving i take,4-tablespoons),but also high quality convenient protein.

Save this product for when you are not dieting.

Glycerol, or glycerine is classified by the FDA as a sugar alcohol. Although, sugar alcohol does not have a significant impact on blood sugar levels, it still has a caloric value a little higher than sugar(sucrose)

Sucrose = 4 calories per gram

Glycerol = 4.3-4.5 calories per gram

Each serving of your product contains 86-90 useless, empty calories.

also i do 50min. of cardio in the am and my heart rate is usualy 137-140,(im 34yo),is that also that crucial with that slight difference?(i know i need to be at the 120bpm).again,im laying out my diet:

Yes its crucial!! After about 130bpm your body stops using fat for fuel and uses glycogen instead. When you are on a keto diet, you have no glycogen to be used as fuel....So, what do you think your body is going to burn next for fuel?

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Cardio:

Cardio should be performed first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach. Do it at low intensity (125-130-bpm heart rate). This will ensure that you use FAT as a fuel source. If your heart rate increases; carbohydrates begin to become the preferred fuel of choice for the body. When on a low carb diet, you're body will break down muscle and turn that into carbs. Remember, Fat CANNOT be changed into carbs. Therefore, for bodybuilding, the rule of cardio should be LONG DURATION, LOW INTENSITY. Start with 30 minutes, 7 days per week, and work your way up to 45 minutes, 7 days per week. If you need to go up, you can, but don’t go over an hour in one session. If you need more, start adding cardio immediately post-workout.

***cardio first thing in the am(50min.), i take 4-table spoons of liquid aminos right before***

MEAL 1:2-Scoops of whey,20grams of bcaa's,2-table spoons of peanut buter.

MEAL 2:4-Whole omega 3 eggs,6-egg whites(scrambled).

MEAL 3:10-12oz. grilled chicken breast,1/3 cup of almonds.

MEAL 4:8oz. of grilled Tilapia,4-table spoons of liquid aminos(for more protein),1/3 cup of almonds.

PRE-WORKOUT4-Table-spoons of aminos)

POST WORKOUT:2-Scoops of whey,20grams of bcaa's,2-table spoons of peanut butter.

LAST MEAL:Either a grilled chicken breast,or 10-egg whites,or another protein shake.

Again,im about 246lbs. as of now(not sure,havent weighed myself in a month...scared...lol...started at about 258lbs.).if i get bad cravings,i eat sugar free jello.

ANY OPINIONS WILL BE APRECIATED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonCA View Post
    myth, what diet soda do you recommend with your slurpee? All the diet sodas I've seen contain aspartame, maltosextrin, sucrose.
    #1. Who cares about aspartame.

#2. I've never seen a diet soda that contains maltodextrin.

#3. I'm sure you ment sucralose. Its been posted countless times about how sucralose is fine. Its sucrlose in powder form (Splenda) that needs to be limited on a keto diet, ...not because of the sucralose, but because of the maltodextrin thats added as an anti-caking agent.

I just posted this 5 pages back,

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Remember, it not the sucralose itself that needs to be avoided. Companies(like the makers of Splenda) combine it with maltodextrin to be used as an anti-caking agent. On a ketosis diet, its the maltodextrin that is the problem, not the sucralose. This is why diet soda (even diet soda sweetened with Splenda) is acceptable...they do not contain maltodextrin.

That being said, most stevia in powder form also has maltodextrin added as an anti-caking agent, which would make it no different than buying Splenda.

My recommendation would be to go with liquid Stevia while on a keto diet.

Legend / Myth

What do you think about the fat burner I mentioned earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by durgur View Post
    Hi guys!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/fus/subq.html

I was reading the label on this fat burner and I was wondering what you thought about it? I have seen that many of you take pure caffeine tabs (containing up to 200 mgs of pure caffeine) in morning before cardio and again later in the day (per workout).

I see that the main ingrediense in this fat burner here are amino acids, green tea and caffeine.

I'm currently on a KETO diet and I know Dave does not recommend fat burners containing stimulants. On the other hand I have seen that he recommends green tee and many of you guys that are on KETO diets are taking pure caffeine.

So please give me your opinion but READ the label before you start bashing it =)

Thank you!
    Its fine, if you want to spend the money. You don't need aminos, or dandelion leaf in your fat burner, but it does contain very good ingredients like Coleus Forskohlii and raspberry ketones.

But, you can get plain caffeine + ECGC tabs for like $6 bucks,(http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ids/caffeine.html)

and there are similar products to this one, but much cheaper.(http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ids/leanup.html)

And don't worry about 200mg caffeine 2x per day, It would probably take 4 or 5 x that amount to have any kind of catabolic effect.

Legend,

I see that you recommend Glutamine be taken with meals 1 and 4. Should glutamine not be taken immediately PWO?

Also, is acetyl-L-carnitine of any use on the diet?

Quote Originally Posted by smithamathr View Post
    Legend,

I see that you recommend Glutamine be taken with meals 1 and 4. Should glutamine not be taken immediately PWO?

You can take it post-workout if you want to. IMO, Its not really that big of a deal when you take it. The studies done on ORAL glutamine is less than impressive when it comes to muscle recovery.

Also, is acetyl-L-carnitine of any use on the diet?
    Absolutely, ALC or PLC are great supplements. I must of forgot to add it to the list I posted.

If someone wants to use clen but can't stand the 2 week off period, can they go 2 on 2 off using days instead?

Hey Legend can we use all spices we want to add flavor to our meats or are some off limits. Also on a side note how is the cook book coming along?
    Are you sure that is 2 TBSP of Peanut Butter?

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

Quote Originally Posted by milkhouse View Post
    If someone wants to use clen but can't stand the 2 week off period, can they go 2 on 2 off using days instead?
    are you "on" anything? if so, use t3 throughout, upping the dosage on your 2 off weeks from clen. if not, then dont trip, clen is honestly weak sauce bro, as it elevates metabolism by maybe 10%, if that. that means if your typically expend 3000 calories a day, clen will help burn off an additional 300kcal, which would take 12 days to lose a mere ONE pound of fat! like i said, its weak, but better than caffeine-based fatburners

Quote Originally Posted by milkhouse View Post
    buy ketotifen (sp) its cheap and will allow you to constantly stay on clen

Page 12 of 176 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast