Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 176 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: KETO DIET Q & A THREAD

Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by jake4130 View Post
    Water.
    yeah thought so..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j-t-fuentes View Post
    i was wondering myth,on the keto and palumbo diet it states no starchy carbs are to be eaten. are mushrooms and eggplant considerd starchy or are you able to eat then?? random question i know!
    Myth, If you find the time, could you just post a list of Myth-umbo Diet approved vegetables? It would answer both of our questions. We all should know which proteins and fats are acceptable by now. Thank you Sir.
    ...Also...I'm waiting for you to post up that next Skip Load!!! I was in awe of that last one you put up!!!

Default Keto Diet Info & Supplements

The Diet:

The premise of the diet is high protein, moderate fat, and very low carbs (no direct sources of carbs). During this diet, the brain goes into ketosis, and uses ketone bodies (fats) for energy. The energy requirements by the body can virtually be completely supplied by fats (which you'll be taking in plenty of). The only activity that uses carbs will be the weight workout which may use 40-50g per workout. You will get this 40-50g indirectly through the foods you eat. As a backup, the re-feed meal, or re-feed day you'll be having once per week will provide a storehouse of glycogen (glucose) in case of emergency. So, very little gluconeogenesis in the liver will be occurring. Remember, it takes 3-6 days to get into a strong ketosis where your brain is using ketone bodies (fats), instead of carbs, for energy. Be patient.

Re-feed:

After you complete 2 solid weeks (at least 14 days) on the diet, start having a re-feed meal, or re-feed day once per week. Its up to you to figure out which one works best for you. HAVE YOUR RE-FEED ON THE SAME DAY EVERY WEEK, and if you choose a one meal re-feed, make it the last meal of the day. Eat what you are craving, but try to avoid trans fats. (hydrogenated oil)

Cardio:

Cardio should be performed first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach. Do it at low intensity (under 125-130-bpm heart rate). This will ensure that you use FAT as a fuel source since as your heart rate increases; carbohydrates begin to become the preferred fuel of choice for the body. When on a low carb diet, you're body will break down muscle and turn that into carbs. Remember, Fat CANNOT be changed into carbs. Therefore, for bodybuilding, the rule of cardio should be LONG DURATION, LOW INTENSITY. Start with 30 minutes, 7 days per week, and work your way up to 45 minutes, 7 days per week. If you need to go up, you can, but don’t go over an hour in one session. If you need more, start adding cardio immediately post-workout.

Training:

Training should be high intensity, lower volume, and a rep range of 6-8. Some may be able to perform 8-10 reps.

Important Keto Supplements:

Essential Polyunsaturates:
    -Omega-3 Fish Oil (DHA and EPA) 1000mg 3-6 xs per day

Monounsaturated Fats:
    -Macadamia nut oil
    -Extra virgin olive oil
    -Avocado oil
    Monounsaturated fats are NOT essential; but, they ARE very heart healthy.

Berry Green: All natural supplement supplying 20 organic berries and greens in a pure vegecap. Berry Green also supplies the body with live active cultures (probiotics)

Psyllium or sugar-free Metamucil: (fiber supplement) 1-teaspoon 2 xs per day, morning and at night mix with 4-6 oz of water. (Work your way to 3tsp per day)

Pure Creatine-(no carbs) (2 xs per day, morning and post-workout shake)
    Leucine- (5g 2 xs per day, Pre and Post-workout shakes)
    Whey Isolate-(with 0g fat and 0g carbs)
    Multi-Vitamin-(every day)-(with breakfast)
    Sea salt-(salt all your food)-(need a high sodium intake)
    Coral Calcium- (1500mg per day)-(with meal #2 and before bed)

Other supplements:

NAC- (liver support/antioxidant)-(600mg 2 xs per day)
    IDS Glutamine/MSM- (1 serving with breakfast and 1 with meal#4)
    Cinnulin PF- (1 serving with creatine in the post-workout shake)
    Vitamin C- (500mg 2x per day)-(pre-workout and before bed)
    Vitamin E- (400IU 2x per day)-(with meal #2 and #4)
    Last edited by Legend; February 3rd, 2009 at 03:34 PM.

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Post your before-and-after glycogen depletion/loaded pics! Those are a good way to illustrate the rapid changes that can occur from diet alone.
    I definitely will do that next week! I just have to put a disclaimer stating that I am not liable for any heart attacks caused by viewing such dramatic pictures, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by bretter View Post
    Myth,

Should one max out intensity (130bpm) or time (120' ed) first?

thanks
    start at 130bpm form the onset, then work your way to 120' ed IF NEEDED

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyMuscle View Post
    This formula is for cutting. Can you give us maintenance and bulking?
    same formula for pro/fat, except carbs would be .75-1g per pound LBM. I know this seems low, but carbs are so over-rated, its ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by j-t-fuentes View Post
    i was wondering myth,on the keto and palumbo diet it states no starchy carbs are to be eaten. are mushrooms and eggplant considerd starchy or are you able to eat then?? random question i know!
    the veggies i like are broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, asparagus, cabbage, lettuce, spinach, greens

Quote Originally Posted by BBOY87 View Post
    Myth, If you find the time, could you just post a list of Myth-umbo Diet approved vegetables? It would answer both of our questions. We all should know which proteins and fats are acceptable by now. Thank you Sir.
    ...Also...I'm waiting for you to post up that next Skip Load!!! I was in awe of that last one you put up!!!
    I'll post it next week bro! Although as my stomach is gradually shrinking, it's getting harder and harder to throw down so much food. the past few weeks i think I have over-done it, and have actually had to wake in the middle of the night due to being rudely awakened by vomiting in my sleep, which is very dangerous. So I think that's a sign that I might need to cut back a bit : )

Spotter

Thanks for putting it back up! By the way, had my refeed day Saturday and I still weighed in 1pound less the next morning even though I felt like a fata** the way I ate the day before!

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I'll post it next week bro! Although as my stomach is gradually shrinking, it's getting harder and harder to throw down so much food. the past few weeks i think I have over-done it, and have actually had to wake in the middle of the night due to being rudely awakened by vomiting in my sleep, which is very dangerous. So I think that's a sign that I might need to cut back a bit : )
    Man...that had to suck! I was looking forward to seeing what you packed in...

Sucralose? Whats the call? 0 carbs but Palumbo still said no? Its in all kinds of "sugar free" pre and post work out supps.

so im gone for a freaking weekend and the name of the thread changes and there are other changes as well. this is crazy.

anyway myth looking yolked bro.

how you likeing essentials and chaos
    Primordial Performance Forum Representative

If you're just starting the diet, but want to start bulking, is cheese acceptable right away?
    Also when using T3 for the cut, do you use it the same as clen in that it's 2 on 2 off?
    The questions are on the opposite side of the spectrum I know but I've wanted to ask both for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    hey myth i thought it was 1.5P and .5F???
    If you want your day totals it is, but the .25g pro/.085g fat break-down is PER meal as opposed to the daily total just as he stated.

Nobody

Hey Myth thatnks for posting this back up ,its a very imformative forum. im getting ready to start my diet monday and its good to know theres a place to go when there are questions on certain aspects later bro its leg day ,time to get going.

hey myth, do you think it's ok to use the walden farms calorie free stuff during a keto diet? I know in theory it should be, I'm just wondering if anyone here actually has

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

Quote Originally Posted by pYUNEit View Post
    Thanks for putting it back up! By the way, had my refeed day Saturday and I still weighed in 1pound less the next morning even though I felt like a fata** the way I ate the day before!
    Amen, bro! Keep reppin' the refeed baby!

hey myth i thought it was 1.5P and .5F???
    As SBT alluded to, the 1.5P/.5F is a generic macro allotment designed for someone with an average metabolism and who is awake 15-16 hours a day. The way I revised it, it allows room for more or less meals, as it pertains more to one's basal metabolic rate, of which simply being awake is a main component.

Quote Originally Posted by BBOY87 View Post
    Man...that had to suck! I was looking forward to seeing what you packed in...
    yes it sucks and it burns, especially when I shoot out vomit from my nostrils! my entire nasal cavity gets this burning sensation for hours afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by diehardlifts View Post
    Sucralose? Whats the call? 0 carbs but Palumbo still said no? Its in all kinds of "sugar free" pre and post work out supps.
    sucralose by itself is fine. its when companies combine it with fillers like maltodextrin that it becomes unacceptable. always check labels bro. seriously, become an expert at reading them. I have OCD and even double-check every single diet soda label i drink just to make sure they aren't trying to pull the wool over my eyes! lol

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfool405 View Post
    so im gone for a freaking weekend and the name of the thread changes and there are other changes as well. this is crazy.

anyway myth looking yolked bro.

how you likeing essentials and chaos
    the name didn't change...its a whole new thread bro, lol

essentials and chaos rock bro! the chaos is giving me sick focus and pumps during my training sessions. good looking out!

Quote Originally Posted by milkhouse View Post
    If you're just starting the diet, but want to start bulking, is cheese acceptable right away?
    Also when using T3 for the cut, do you use it the same as clen in that it's 2 on 2 off?
    The questions are on the opposite side of the spectrum I know but I've wanted to ask both for a while.
    cheese is fine whenever

t3 is not cycled like clen. maintain a steady dose, gradually increasing in 12.5mcg increments IF NEEDED

Quote Originally Posted by SBT View Post
    If you want your day totals it is, but the .25g pro/.085g fat break-down is PER meal as opposed to the daily total just as he stated.
    EXACTLY!

Quote Originally Posted by bigoso View Post
    hey myth, do you think it's ok to use the walden farms calorie free stuff during a keto diet? I know in theory it should be, I'm just wondering if anyone here actually has
    absolutely. just check the nutrition labels, as some of their products actually do contain calories. personally i think they all taste like complete garbage, but hey, whatever floats your boat bro!

Hey Legend now that there is this new thread is there a way you can repost the diet for the 200 pound man along with recommended supplements? I had it bookmarked on my page, however with the changes I can no longer access it.
    Here is an example Palumbo style diet for a 200lb male. The diet is based on the generic 1.5g pro, and about .5g fat per lb of body weight. I agree with Myth in saying that you should have a meal every 2.5-3 hours you are awake. So, if you are awake longer than normal, you may need to add a meal.

MEAL #1
    4 whole omega-3 eggs + 7 large eggs whites (For the whole eggs, make sure to go with mostly Omega-3 eggs.)

MEAL #2
    "Lean-Pro Meal": 6oz chicken (cooked weight) with 1 Tbs Macadamia nut oil or extra virgin olive oil, and cup green beans.

MEAL #3
    “Pre-Workout”: 50g whey protein isolate + 2 tbs. natural peanut butter or almond butter

MEAL #4
    “Post-Workout”: 50g whey protein isolate + 2 tbs. natural peanut butter or almond butter

MEAL #5
    "Fatty Protein Meal": 6oz of lean ground sirloin (cooked weight) or 7oz salmon (cooked weight), a small green salad. (No tomatoes, carrots, or red peppers) w/ tablespoon of extra virgin Olive Oil.

MEAL #6
    4 whole omega-3 eggs + 7 large eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post

sucralose by itself is fine. its when companies combine it with fillers like maltodextrin that it becomes unacceptable. always check labels bro. seriously, become an expert at reading them. I have OCD and even double-check every single diet soda label i drink just to make sure they aren't trying to pull the wool over my eyes! lol
    Thanks!!!

Yeah I've become totally anal about checking food/drink/supp labels myself! My girl and I have actually stopped going out to eat(besides our cheat meal), because we want to be sure whats going into our food!

how many almonds=12g of fat?

I'm glad this thread is up and running.

Myth and Legend, you guys Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by NATURAL PLAT View Post
    how many almonds=12g of fat?
    20 gms almonds = 12 gms fat

Page 2 of 176 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast